Dr. Barry White is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

parable

Hey guys I've kept my silence for a while now and I think it's time for me to open my mouth and say a few things.

If you're in Australia and considering having a tranplant with Dr. Barry White (in Melbourne) change your mind.

He's a total dick who plays on peoples emotions.

He's given me an unaturally low hairline that is still red after 10months post-op.. Not to mention Ridging, bumpiness and a wide 6mm scar!!!

I had over 1300 grafts and the density is real low and I only had a little region to cover. (no grafts have grown since the 7month mark).

I am in my early 20's and have to say I have never left my house since surgery without wearing a hat. I never go to family functions or even chill with my boys anymore because of how embarrasing this is..

Doctor White even admitted it was a shit job and when asked what I should do about it, he had no decent reply. He seemed dumbfounded and had no compassion!!

I am totally disapointed with this outcome and WARN all fellow ausies to keep away from his shitty clinic.

I've got photo's to verify my claim so I'm not b.sh**ing...

Also I'm very dissapointed that Pat recomens this guy.. You need to do your homework as your the reason I went to see him....(I'm pissed off)

Parable

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys I've kept my silence for a while now and I think it's time for me to open my mouth and say a few things.

If you're in Australia and considering having a tranplant with Dr. Barry White (in Melbourne) change your mind.

He's a total dick who plays on peoples emotions.

He's given me an unaturally low hairline that is still red after 10months post-op.. Not to mention Ridging, bumpiness and a wide 6mm scar!!!

I had over 1300 grafts and the density is real low and I only had a little region to cover. (no grafts have grown since the 7month mark).

I am in my early 20's and have to say I have never left my house since surgery without wearing a hat. I never go to family functions or even chill with my boys anymore because of how embarrasing this is..

Doctor White even admitted it was a shit job and when asked what I should do about it, he had no decent reply. He seemed dumbfounded and had no compassion!!

I am totally disapointed with this outcome and WARN all fellow ausies to keep away from his shitty clinic.

I've got photo's to verify my claim so I'm not b.sh**ing...

Also I'm very dissapointed that Pat recomens this guy.. You need to do your homework as your the reason I went to see him....(I'm pissed off)

Parable

Regarding Dr White

I am not surprised.

i went to see his rep in Sydney and I got a very bead feeling.

The rep had the worst transplant i've ever seen and apparantly Dr White did it.

He was also sleazy and said that he had to do repairwork on some of Dr Woods patients which I do not believe at all.

He also proudly claimed having done work on an 18 year old!

Sorry to hear you went to this snake oil sales person and hopefully you can fix it.

El Guapo

Thanks dude for the feedback!

One of the tech's also bragged about doing work on an 18 year old...

Now that I realise the situation they really should of turned me away.. The POOftah's!!

Only had minimal loss a Norwood two at the most..

Well regardless I'm going to see wood's next week and see what happens...

~KEEp Away FrOM This MOTHa F*CKEr~

ParabLE

Hi. Sorry to her what happened to you. have thought about repair work? You don't have to live that way. I know that you propbley donot trust any HT doctors but there a few that can fix that damage and give you what you need. Do you have pictures? i would like to see...

Matthew

Thanks for your empathy mate...

I do have pictures but dont know how to send them.. Gimme your email and I'll post em to you..

Besides I'm going to Wood's in about a week.. so I'll see what he has to say...

The money factor is the only thing that concerns me with this dude though....

DamMMm IT!!...

(Barry White should pay for this repair work the PunK!!!)

• Administrators

Parable,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I believe it was you who emailed me about a week ago regarding your disappointment with Dr. White. I take input from actual patients very seriously.

I did contact Dr. White for an explanation. He expressed to me that he intended to do what he can to remedy your situation.

Please send your photos directly to me at pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com I would also like to call you to discuss your experience in detail. So please include your telephone number for the sole purpose of me contacting you privately.

If I find that Dr. White is not providing the level of care and service that we demand for inclusion on this site he will be removed.

Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

And for one on one advise visit our "Hair Mentor" program on the Home page.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

parable; Good for you. I agree 100% that if a doctor screwed you up they should give you your money back so that you can go to another doctor. I have seen too many sad stories of patients going back to there doctor after having a bad transplant and looks worst.Doctors must be held accountable to their mistakes.

For the doctors that are reading this understand that if Dr. White would have just apologized and given him his money back maybe this would have never gone to the public. Now who really wants to go get a transplant with Dr. White??

Good luck Parable....

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks Lorenzo for the support..Appreciate it!!

What you said was exactly right chap!

I'm tired of us fellas who have been F***ED up

by Doctors and dont do nothing about it!!

We pay large sums of money that we've worked bloody hard for, not to mention that a lot of us go in debt to get these procedures, and then they do below par work and say 'OH well, it's your fault your body just reacts this way!!

~Piss off dickhead~

You think I'm a fruity or something??

FeLLas we need to take a stand, (I'm serious!!) especially when We come to a place like this and SOMEONE recommends them!!

Man I got screwed over and I want to be compensated for... And I believe y'all should TOO!!

It's good to see you looked into my case 'PAT' but this is just the beginning bro! It aint over until we sought this thing out!!

Besides have you seen my photo PAT?

Out of all the things I mentioned to you I forgot to say that the whole recipient area is elevated as well!!

Hope it helps

~PAraBLE~

This Dr White Dude is going hardcore on the ads at the moment. Every other day he advertises in the Sydney Morning Herald and The Telegraph. He would be very vulnerable to bad publicity.

Let him know that you will do your best to show everyone on every discussionboard and everywhere else you can possibly imagine how bad is work actually is. Put some photos of you scalp around edgecliff near his office.

Theen ask him for you money back plus compensation that will cover your correctional work and then some.

He is a sleazy businessman and should be dealt with in a similar way.

Good luck.

Guapo

Dear Parable

(For the rest of you reading this thread i am Barry's son and Clinic Director at his office and handle admin, marketing and Patient co-ordinating. Barry would have replied but we were only notified of this on Friday afternoon and that was our last day.He has read this post and agrees with its content.)

I am sorry that you are dissatisfied with the service that you received from us.

I will concede that we have done the wrong thing with you, and I believe our mistake was in Patient selection and counseling. If we had got it right then you would not be on here.

I don't know what you think you were going to get but what we gave you was consistent with what was promised to you.

Regarding your original post and the points you make

1. "An unnaturally low hairline"; I am looking at your after photos in June of this year with hair growing through four months after the procedure and your face looks balanced and in proportion, furthermore the hairline was designed with your input so nothing was done that you did not approve of prior. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

2. "A hairline that is still red after 10 months"; Again I am looking at the photos and I would define it as slight discolouration or a little pink. It would quite clearly not be visible had you not shaved your head. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

3. "1300 grafts and the density is real low"; Looking at the photos once again taken in June of this year the growth looks good. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

4. "Ridging, bumpiness and a wide 6mm scar"; The first two points are impossible to assess from a photo and require feel so I cant provide an opinion on that based on the information I have to hand at the moment. Regarding your scar at the back of the scalp I don't have a photo of it but I have seen it and I didn't think that it was excessively wide whether it is 6mm or not is open to interpretation as you appear prone to exaggeration. We have seminars where we bring past patients along to show there results and there scars and some of them are as wide as yours if not wider. We show prospective patients wider scars than you are complaining about. We do not try and hide from showing people where the hair comes from and what we do to get it. Furthermore the consent form that you signed and was given to you prior to you paying your deposit states "I understand that a permanent scar will be present in the donor area......It has been explained to me that the amount of scarring will depend on how well healing occurs and scars can possibly widen slightly, but this depends on each patients skin tissue. I understand that if the hair is cut shorter than a "Number 3" the scar may be visible." You were told verbally (at the consultation) and in writing prior to making any financial commitment to us that you would have a scar and the potential extent of it. You signed that you understood this point, clearly you did not.

5. Regarding your age; you were told at consultation the ramifications of having a procedure done at your age because we tell everyone the same thing(particularly those in there 20's), further hair loss, take propecia to stop further hair loss, transplanted hairlines are not perfect, this hair is not going to be the same as what you had when you were fifteen etc etc. As you state you are in your 20's(not to be confused with 20) we laid out all the information for you and treated you as an adult, one who was capable of understanding the information given to them, weighing up the pros and cons and making the correct decision for themselves.

6. "Doctor White even admitted it was a shit job"; he did not admit it was a shit job because he doesn't feel that it is. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

7. Regarding operations on 18 year olds; I am unsure who exactly you are referring too I do however recall a 15 year old kid who we saw not long ago, we did him and his dad. They are both ecstatic with the results when he came in to see us for his 6 month post op he had changed from a kid who was shy and withdrawn who looked at the floor to having a beaming smile on his face and looking at you when you talked to him. He had two large circular scars on the side of his scalp from a forcep delivery. Now they have hair in them.

We would like to put your photos up so that everyone can see them but I need your permission. We can put them up full face or black out the eyes the choice is yours. Please acknowledge your acceptance on the forum and I will forward the necessary paperwork to you for the release of the photos by us to the hairtransplantnetwork.com

Thankyou for you reply...

So you want to post photo's now!!

Well let's do this!!

I've got photo's left right and centre as of today and we'll let the public decide if the surgery was any good!!!!

And I'm sure that most people will disagree with you...

In regards to Barry saying it was a shiTTY jOb...

I have to admit they were not his exact words... However I asked him if he would be happy if he had gotten this work and he clearlyt stated he wouldn't have been!!....(admit to the truth BArry)

WeLL now I'm posting photo's so HERE we go....

But just before I post my photo's...

I find alot of what you wrote really disturbing~.

1."An unnaturally low hairline"; I am looking at your after photos in June of this year with hair growing through four months after the procedure and your face looks balanced and in proportion, furthermore the hairline was designed with your input so nothing was done that you did not approve of prior. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

~O.k Now let me clarify- What I opted for was temple closure! You remember Marcus after all you were the one that I had the consult with and drew the line on my head... I never asked for the centre of the hairline to be dropped lower!

2. "A hairline that is still red after 10 months"; Again I am looking at the photos and I would define it as slight discolouration or a little pink.

~Now let me tell you the recipient area is still red-pinkish and photo's do not bring them out the way seeing it up close does..

3. "It would quite clearly not be visible had you not shaved your head. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them."

~ Firstly my head is not shaved! (It is buzzed)and regardless whether I shave/buzz my head or not the recipient area should not be pinkish anyways..Are you trying to tell me that everyone who has a transplant has to keep their long to cover the redness (10-11 months post op)!??

4. 1300 grafts and the density is real low"; Looking at the photos once again taken in June of this year the growth looks good. I am happy to post the photos so everybody can provide an opinion on them.

Yeah, well wait till I post my photo's. Your in for a shocker Marcus...For One I knew that the density would not look like that of a teenager...But I'm telling you along with the input of other doc's that their is no way 1373 grafts were implanted into my scalp!!- Or that Not all of the grafts grew (remember I've had no growth since around the 6month mark)!!

5. "Ridging, bumpiness and a wide 6mm scar"; The first two points are impossible to assess from a photo and require feel so I cant provide an opinion on that based on the information I have to hand at the moment

Forget feel, When you look at my photo's you'll see with the naked eye the ridging, bumpiness I am talking about!

5. Regarding your scar at the back of the scalp I don't have a photo of it but I have seen it and I didn't think that it was excessively wide whether it is 6mm or not is open to interpretation as you appear prone to exaggeration. We have seminars where we bring past patients along to show there results and there scars and some of them are as wide as yours if not wider

~Prone to exaggeration... You better watch what you say to me!! Let me post photo's and show how wide the scar is!

Also you have seminars were past patients of yours

come and show their scars?!! And their wider than mine?!!

That's got nothing to do with healing characteristics but that Barry Whites donor closing skill's are pathetic!

Besides having the donor scar is not the issue. I'd knew I'd get one but did'nt expect it to be this wide..(I bet all your former patients who come to those seminars didn't expect it either)!!

6. Regarding operations on 18 year olds; I am unsure who exactly you are referring too I do however recall a 15 year old kid who we saw not long ago, we did him and his dad.

~I feel sorry for the little fella.. Now he probably has a big a** scar on the back of his head that he has to deal with!!!

Now finally I will post the photo's!!...

I do NOT give you permission to post mine coz the photo's I got from you were all in very dark lighting angles!

Just wait till I post mine and then everbody will know why to keep away from your clinic!!!!

Regarding parables Photos.

They are not as bad as other that i have seen but they are definately not good or even acceptable by any standard.

1) He has much to much hair to have had a HT in the first place. You admitted to making this mistake so that is fair enough.

2) His donor scar at 11 months is way to big.

(This may or may not be Dr Whites fault)

3) The actual recepent site, which is of the biggest importance does not look good. If any patient of yours knew this is what it will look like no matter what his starting point, surely he would not go through with it even if you paid him.

It is bumpy.

It is red.

There are not 1300 grafts or even hairs there.

4)regarding doing work on 18 year olds: Your representative in Edgecliff proudly tolm me about DR White doing a HT on an 18 year old man earlier this year. I do not think that is a very good idea.

I think it is only fair that you give Mr Parable his money back and that you pay for his reconstructive surgery, especially if you usually do not have results this poor.

This can surely not be the sort of results your prospective patients should expect.

Sincerely

El Guapo

Parable,

I've seen much worse; however you should have received better from Dr. White. The donor scar is unacceptable. A good doctor would have left you with a vitually unnoticeable scar. The redness should have gone away by now and it is hard to believe that they transplanted 1300 grafts. Since the Dr's son posted on the site to refute your claims and asked that others view your pictures to decide - I come to one conclusion - You deserve a refund from them. They did poor quality work. Be careful in who you pick to do repair work. With the amount of hair you have, you should be able to achieve excellent results with just one repair procedure. Of course, the Dr's son is correct in that eventually you will need additional procedures as your hair thins in other areas. Good luck.

A note to Dr. White - you are better off refunding this individual's money because the bad publicity you receive off this site will cost you much more in the long run. It is also the 'right' thing to do.

Alright Now...

All of you's have seen the photo's and have made your conclusion!

DR WhiteE and MArcus did you think I was making this stuff up??!!

You messed me up and made my last 10months absolutely horrible...

I can't face my dad coz I don't want him knowing what happened to me!

I pretty much don't have any friends any more!

I'm embarrassed, depressed and confused!!!

How can you tell me Marcus that Barry was impressed with the Work!!

Do you think I'm trying to ripp you off or something!

All I wanted was a natural hairline and now I want my money back and damages!!

It's going to cost me at least $10,000....

To get me looking decent so do the right thing by me and yourselves otherwise You've only seen the beginning of THIS!!!

~PARabLE~

Parable,

IF you dont here anything from Dr. White or his talking voice- Barry in the next 10 days. I would file a complaint with the equal of the "Better Business Bureau" and file a Medical complaint with the state/country regulatory board. In each filing, submitt the color pics you posted on this board as evidence as well as copies of all communications. The reason for filing these complaints, is to alert and make the public aware of the situation with Dr. WHite and how he handled your issue after concerns were raised-- didnt take responsibilty or accountability. Your scar itself is absolutely unsatifactory in current HT industry! Of course if Dr. White is a reputable and honest physician who wants to maintain is public image and do the right thing, he will contact you to refund/settle your complaints-- by doing so you probably will have to sign a no contest/letigation clause as well as public publicity clause. Whatever you do, do not let him talk you into trying to correct/fix your problem "free of charge"--NO WAY. If not, then file the complaints and Medical inquiry. Good luck, with your pics and written/visual evidence you will not need luck because the truth is visual.

Originally posted by Big1:

Refund or no refund, spread the word. Let the truth spread like peanut butter on Oprah's thighs. "Dr." BARRY WHITE will be cast out like excrement from a diarrhetic mule.

It would be nice to get a refund but they may not give it to you; its sad because Marcus (and his father) had the opportunity to make amends, but instead they chose to act like unaccountable money worshipping low-lifes. Hopefully, a different doctor -- and maybe even a good doctor-- will step up and clean up "Dr." BARRY WHITE's mess.

It is absolutely necessary for you to post the pictures on every single hairloss and hair transplant forum (as well as on the search engines). Don't let them get away with this -- if they choose to reimburse you for medical fees, only then should you consider any leniency.

Make sure his work speaks for itself; DO NOT STOP until he no longer has any place in the hair transplantation industry.

"DR." BARRY WHITE will lose everything. These pictures are here to stay! Any and every time that "hair transplant" is typed into a search field, let these photos pop up (with "Dr." BARRY WHITE's name clearly displayed underneath).

I wouldn't let him off as easily as many others here suggest. I WOULD SUE HIS ASS! When you kick his ass in court, he'll not only reimburse you for medical fees, but he'll reimburse you for legal fees as well; he'll also be forced to pay damages. Of course, he'll have to pay his own lawyer fees; in addition, he'll pay in medical malpractice fees alone what he could have simply paid to you. Needless to say, his practice will be extinguished. You should allow him to truly stand behind his work.

"Dr." BARRY WHITE has made his bed.

Fellas,

thankyou so much for all of your support!!

I am so appreciative of your feedback that I don't know where to start...

If it wasn't for you guys and your positive feedback I don't know where I'd be!!

Firstly guys I'm not that good on the computer. I mean I've just started to work out how to post photo's etc.

So please guys tell me how to post my photo's at the '2' other major 'hairloss' 'sites'...

Hit me at _______ and let me know..(Not that I want to burden any of you's or anything).. But if you don't mind it would be awesome!!

Once again fellas and Dr White this is just the beginning!

Dr. White If you don't do right by me I guarantee you that the pain and suffering you caused me will not be in vain...

The truth will be made known over and over again!!

Thank's once again fellas!! (smoothy and Big 1 really appreciate this feedback)