Dr. Barry White is CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

parable

• Administrators

EastCoast,

I'm disappointed to hear about your experience. But I appreciate you bringing it to my attention and others.

You have posted on this site all last year and I feel that your concerns are sincere.

I did look at photos you posted last year after your surgery with Dr. Gallager.Photos here It looks as though you did achieve decent density. I hope that the work done by Dr. Jones ultimately gives you both density and a very refined hairline.

I will contact Tom and Dr. Gallager regarding your situation and their perspective.

Pat

Sharing our ideas and photos is what keeps this site real. Please participate by posting and replying.

And for one on one advise visit our "Hair Mentor" program on the Home page.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I must say this is interesting to read, I have had two procedures since Feb 2002.Both have given me great results and this is the opinion of my wife and many of my friends and family.

I went through the process of doing my research over a 6 month period as my wife heard of NHI through a fellow hairdresser.

I went to two of Dr White seminars where we were able to talk to other transplant recipients, one being the guy in the photo of the last post. I also visited Dr White at his Sydney practice, with this information I decided to go for it.

I was not on my own, I have a younger brother of 6yrs he decided to have it done with me. We were a day a part in transplants, in the 12months after that we both experienced totally different reactions.

Now two years have passed I must say you have to be patient, my scare is smaller than my brothers, he had less swelling etc.we are both very happy to have had Dr White do our hair, I think back to November at my brothers wedding and thinking I wish I had had my hair done before I got married.

Its always hard to write on these forums for good or bad, I have seen the television stories and other printed magazine articles and I can say NHI are always well reported.

I wish all the guys who are thinking about this huge decision the best and make sure you really have done your home work

Abo

Mr White

There is no point in you posting photos

of parable that make his transplant look better. It would in fact make you look like a bit of a scam artist.

The reason for this is that the photos that Parable showed us are very detailed and they do not lie,

If you have photos of exactly the same head in a different lighting etc that makes the result look better that only shows that you know how to make a very poor result look good.

That is no way to gain trust, quite the opposite in fact.

You did have a happy patient , Abe, who posted here just before me and the fact that he is happy shows that Dr White actually can produce decent results. If that is the fact, why will you not admit to the fact that you have Failed parable and give him his money back.

His transplant is by no standards whatsoever even remotely acceptable. Dr White even failed to plant all the hairs in the right direction, the scar is enormous and there is poor growth and ridging.

I dont see how you could have made it worse actually.

Parable

I have a proposition for you:

If NHI does not pay you for your repair work I will build you a website and post your story and the pictures of the results on this site.

I will do this for free as I believe that it is your right and your obligation to inform other potential patients of NHI what they can expect.

I will code it in such a way that everytime you write Barry White or NHI in any search engine your website will come up first.

El Guapo

YOu Are One MAd A** DUDE BRO...!!!

I'd APPRECIATE it from the bottom of my heart if you could do that website for me!!!

Aye man I don't want to stress you or burden you or anything.... but Thanks so much!!

Besides hit me with an e-mail if you need any more photo's or details!!!

~PARAbLE~...

And ABO~ You say your results are good right! WELL It seems to me without a doubt that MArcus told you to write that!!... Considering you've only posted once and your style seems the same to MArcus It seems like a load of garbage to me!!

I now know over 5 patients in the last year who are completely dissapointed in Dr. BArry White's work and wait till they come out!!!

But if what you say is true about the quality of work....Then I don't understand why Barry wouldn't do the right thing by me and compensate me for the ShiTTy work he Did!!!

~PARAbLE~

P.S~ GOOd LUck with your decision EL GUAPO with you transPLant... MAke sure You get it Right 1st Time Round BRO!!

Ok lets do this.

I believe that first you should

make Dr White aware of the situation regarding the website and give him another chance to do what is right.

The website will not brake any laws as we will buy space in some Asian country that has no laws regarding these issues.

It is important however that he is given another chance to pay for you reconstructive surgery or simply give you your money back.

Ther is one more thing I would consider if i were you as well.

YOu have an extremely good case for a lawsuit and you would not loose that would be close to impossible.

NHI is in breach of so many laws and regulations regarding duty of care etc that i am surprised that he has not paid you to keep it quite.

Let us know what happens and

give me your emial

El Guapo

Alright brotha let's do this...

Hit me at ______...

In regards to seeking legal advice I have already seen a top Barrister who has told me already they are in breach of....(I'll let you know more in the e-mail)...

And I will post 1 more e-mail to Barry White to give him one more chance to make things right!!

I'm after a refund but if he refuses then I'll take the next step!!

So as not to give too much info away on this site bro, hit me up with an e-mail and we'll take it from there!!

Thanks El Guapo....

Look forward to hearing from you

~pArABLE~

Hey Parable,sorry you got it wrong.And dont make half cocked calls regarding my style,as I have said and along with many other people on this site Dr White does great work.

I looked at your photos it is hard to say anything about the job considering your hair is so short,my hair would look like that if i had it that long.

Did you agree to the hair line?

I must say I had the pleasure of being there the next day after my procedure and saw my brother have his done.The girls that work for Dr White are fantastic and semm to do most of the work.

my post was not to side with any one but to give our account of what we feel about what we had done.

abo

Alright I hear you...

Though I believe there aren't too many who will have to agree with you when you say others here believe he does great work...

Besides you just contradicted yourself when you said that your hairline would look just like mine if you had it short... Coz that would obviously mean you have great amount of ridging, pitting, and wrong angled grafts...!!

So tell me is that really a great result as you profess...!!???

~PArABLE~

• 7 years later...

Hello Everyone

I would like to post a thread on my personal experience as a patient at NHI

I have had two transplants (fuss)done now by NHI in Melbourne

1st one in April 2009, 2nd in March 2011

I would like to say that Barry White did not do mine, I understand that he is retired now, another doctor did the scalp cutting and the anaesthesia ,with the same two transplants, There were about six female technicians that done the follicular separation and implanting. I must say that I feel that this doctor is very good in what he does and is very helpful with everything. (I withhold with naming).The doctor supervises but does not do the implanting and follicle separation, this laborious work is done by the trained technicians. This would explain why NHI can do large numbers in one session. The doctor does all other aspects of the operation.

I am still waiting for the results to show from the second procedure since its only been three months.

I would like to comment firstly on the 1st procedure.

Total Grafts:4743 (Approx 9500 hairs)

Surgery Time (11 Hours)

I would like to say that I have mixed feelings on this.

Firstly the scarring had healed very well and I was much pleased with the end result, no problem there with what the doctor did, but I was not satisfied with the final density result, I took in consideration of what the area size of coverage was and how many grafts were available to fill the frontal hairline and mid scalp region, I thought that 4743 grafts should have provided more coverage considering there was only 219 singular follicules and the rest were 2s,3s and maybe the odd 4 follicle, after 23 months, the doctor agreed that the coverage should have been better, so NHI did the majority of the second procedure free of charge (approx 75% of the cost) and the doc would extract as many grafts from the donor area that was physically possible.The reason for the unexpected result was not determined or blamed on any thing in particular.

2nd Procedure:

Total Grafts:2478 (Approx 5200 hairs)

Surgery Time (6 hours)

The purpose of the second procedure was to cover the crown region and to drop the frontal hairline on both sides about 1 inch and to help fill in any gaps that were visible from the first procedure.

Although it is only three months out, it is still premature to comment on any final result, but I would like to say that although the new hairs from the second transplant have fallen and have still yet to start growing, that my current look from what has been done in the area of the first transplant is still not totally to to my satisfaction.

I clip my own hair to a number 3-4 on top and 2-3 on the sides, I have a very high lateral hump so I am lucky to have most hair on my sides and back, When I clip my hair to number 4 on top, the transplanted area still looks thin and some scalp visibiltyis seen, the only shockloss from the second procedure is slighty noticable on the right frontal hairline, I feel that after approx 9500 hairs from the first procedure that it should have covered the frontal and mid scalp area and not show any visible signs of scalp, and I also had and still have about 100 or so original hairs on the peak at the front. But when the hair is longer say about 2 inches , then there is no scalp showing where the grafts in the first transplant were placed.

I will have to wait an see what the end result will be from the second procedure after a total of 7200 grafts (approx 15000 hairs) will look like from both procedures, but at this time as I write, it does not seem to be that number of grafts in the recipient region, although the surgery time was 11 hours and 6 hours for both procedures.

The shockloss in the donor area at the back from the second procedure is still fairly visible, but I am confident in time this will return to a normal look just as it did in the first procedure.

I am also on avodart 0.5 mg since three months to help keep any existing DHT affected hair, avodart is now covered under the PBS scheme and is very affordable at $25 AUD a box of 30 tabs.

I thought that is was very considerate of the doctor from NHI to carry out the second procedure at a fraction of the cost. I only paid for the crown to be done approx 600 grafts and 2478 in total grafts were extracted.

I will post more comments when the second prodecure results come to show.

Hi Martek!

Welcome to the forum. Could you possibly post some photos from your previous transplants?

NHI do not have the best name on here especially with fellow Australians (like myself).

I had consulted with NHI two years prior before seeing Dr Rahal. They were extremely pushy and unable to answer technical questions which I presented. Possibly since this time the clinic has changed I (like everyone) am very skeptical with Australian clinics. I have visited 6 different clinics through Australia and met dozens of patients all of whom had very sub par results.

If you like PM me on here and I can link you to my email. I am here to assist fellow Australians.

Thanks mate.

Mike

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Wow this is a really old post I'd forgotten about this.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Mike

I have some hi def photos from both transplants but they are on hardcopy, I did take a couple of my own at the time, Ill include them here, see what you think, there is one that I took 13 months after transplant one with 5 weeks on dutasteride.

Ive always had doubts that there were actually 4743 grafts in place, thats a lot in one go, but the surgery time took 11 hours, this may suggest in favour, not sure!

the surgery photo isnt the best but it gives you an idea of the area that needed coverage, it is a large area, disregard the crown , it was agreed by NHI and myself that this would be done in a second procedure, I forgot to add in the original thread, that I do still have some numbness in the rear right side 13 weeks on from the 2nd procedure, doc says this should go away in the following months. if anyone can take a look at the 13 months post op photo and comment on the number of grafts, I dont think there is 4743, but I could be wrong, the doc did agree and done a 2nd procedure at the fairly good discounted rate.

Mike...

If you post your email, I can take a current photo and send it to you...thanks

5b32ce425cca8_13months.jpg.d192b4e406472f7e91a586c38a109c70.jpg

surgery.jpg.9bd02411df0041486ced2ae55f6d4ec5.jpg

5b32ce42b97e8_beforesurgery.jpg.2c6876d24fec131f35a4b4a882b04034.jpg

5b32ce42d167f_beforesurgery2.jpg.17a5295199127fe7c3a31c083c4bf82a.jpg

Hey Mate,

My email is located in my signature just below. I have recently updated this.

Looking over the photos which you have posted above, I am guessing the first shot is from the 4743 grafts procedure?

I would agree with you that the result is sub par. There definitely is not 4000+ grafts in the 13 month post op shot, the yield is rather low.

This could be due to a number of reasons which I will advise via email.

I must say given the area that requires covering NHI were right in shooting for 4000+.

I would be interested to see some recent post operative photos. Did the second procedure go back through the original space? Or work on the crown region alone?

If you can send some of your HD photos through I would gladly take a look mate.

Mike.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I was also very unhappy with my consult at NHI - after my first appointment they sent a letter saying I was a higher Norwood pattern than I actually was. They said I was a 5A, subsequent doctors told me I was between 3A and a 4A. I am sure they did this to scare me into action. I just think they're going too hard on sales, rather than building a reputation and letting it stand for itself. I also took a real dislike to doctor I had my consult with. I must admit I did go back for another consult years later when I heard that doctor had left. The second doctor had a much nicer manner, but it still wasn't enough.

The two photos show progress, the ones on the right (oct 2 2010) are at peak density 18 months after transplant 1, 10 months on dutasteride seems to have an impact in the area at the bottom of the crown going down towards the neck, hair though is just a tad longer in the right hand photos, crown is done in tranplant 2 March 2011, still waiting on results which is a few months away.

Sorry about image quality, it is a photo taken of a hard copy which is all I have.

3.jpg.fabe02dcbd337551a85c4a37a57e6b35.jpg

thats disapointing to hear that you didnt get the results you we all hope for, i had mine at NHI in december, i thought at the start it was looking good becaus everyone says wait for it to mature and all that,i am getting concerned about the density only, the hairline design and everything else from them i was quite happy with, it was good to hear that they looked after you when things didnt go to plan. ive gotta book in to get the 6 month photos and ill let you guys tell me what yous think, MARTEK Question: what were they like to deal with for the 2nd procedure to fix the first? was it a battle?

Hi

To answer your question, there was no battle at all.

at the 18 month mark after the 1st procedure, the doc came straight out and said that he would place more in free of charge, this was in mind that I was going to get the crown done anyhow, I could never of got the whole lot done at once due to the area that needed to be covered, I only paid for the 600 grafts for the crown amd the other 1955 grafts were free during the second procedure, but they hardly thickened the original area, mainly cause I wanted to drop the frontal line on both sides by an inch, graft placing was focused on the frontal fringe below the existing line and at the crown slightly towards the mid section I am satiisfied with what the doc did, the scar heals well and three months after the second procedure, which is now as I write, I look worst off than I did in October last year, I blame this on shockloss from the second time round, shockloss is temporary and can tale a good six months for the lost hair to come back, the scalp does get more traumatised in successive procedures, I am still a bit numb at the rear too, which I never experienced after the first procedure, it is good to wait a good 18 months at least before getting more transplants done to let the scalp recover, Im lucky in respect that I have excellent scalp flexibilty, I may also add that I am not totally satisfied with the 4743 grafts that were originally placed in, I took digital camera shots closeup three weeks after and it clearly shows that the grafts were spaced apart a bit further than they should of been and the left frontal line was left thinly done, the girl that done the right side did ok, but the other girl that done the left was below par, it was a big area to do though as you can see in the photos, thats why there is a high frontal line, which has now been lowered by an inch in the second procedure, Ill guess Ill have to wait at least another 6 months to see what happens because at the moment Ive gone backwards (more than likely due to temporary shockloss), I think the doc at NHI who I dont mind is supportive if unexpected results are seen and he will help you like he did with me, I met Barry White for the first time when he pulled the staples out and I found him to be nothing like the doc. Ill post progressive results later on.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im so worried about your story Parable. I have just had a hair transplaint with dr. Barry White month ago. Im waiting for the result now. My hair is experiencing shedding situation. There are some scars appearing now with some hair growing on them. Need time to say how good or bad at the moment but i will post the result soon after six months. Hope i am successful this time.

Hi parable

How can i see ur photos. I also had hair transplant with dr. Barry last month. Im worried when knowing ur situation now.

Alright Now...

All of you's have seen the photo's and have made your conclusion!

DR WhiteE and MArcus did you think I was making this stuff up??!!

You messed me up and made my last 10months absolutely horrible...

I can't face my dad coz I don't want him knowing what happened to me!

I pretty much don't have any friends any more!

I'm embarrassed, depressed and confused!!!

How can you tell me Marcus that Barry was impressed with the Work!!

Do you think I'm trying to ripp you off or something!

All I wanted was a natural hairline and now I want my money back and damages!!

It's going to cost me at least $10,000....

To get me looking decent so do the right thing by me and yourselves otherwise You've only seen the beginning of THIS!!!

~PARabLE~

Here is my pics after one month post op. any comment? On the right side and at the back have two small scar i am not sure of whether hair will grow on them. For the front i had 1740 graft transplanted. Planned to have 2000 graft but we could not get that amount. Im still waiting for the outcome. I posted the front one and the back one as well. Not sure whther ppl can see the pics

image.jpg.6709d0b9a8c474fa3969cefb42f4cbf9.jpg