Eman's 8-Month Update: I have a Full Head of Hair!!

Eman

Plain and simple??¦I have a full head of hair!! I cannot believe how much it has filled in (even since last month) and how much coverage I got, going from a NW4 to basically having little to no loss at this time. The manageability of the transplanted hair continues to get better, the hairline has softened a ton, and the temple point color has almost totally blended in on the sides. With the summer sun, my hair should lighten up and I think I will need to have a professional cut my hair next??¦I want to style it in some fun ways!

No one would ever guess that I had had a transplant, unless you knew me before??”but no one has come out and asked me specifically, just simply stated how they cannot believe how much hair I have. I want to expressly thank Dr. Rahal and crew for their tireless work on me and the artistry??”it looks totally natural inside, outside and wet (can you tell I am happy!!).

The one point that I have a little issue with is the hair growing out of the scar is darker than the surrounding hair??”you can see that in the pictures. The scar is not an issue, again just the color of the ???scar hair???.

At eight months, it has been a scary, frustrating, fun, and exciting journey and the story continues (being only at eight months):

??? Scary: to think I actually did this and took the step to have this type of surgery.

??? Frustrating: to have a new set of grafts shed early on and having to wait for what seemed like an eternity for it to grow, but it was soooo worth it.

??? Fun: to see the changes and the transformation that a HT can do to a balding guy like myself.

??? Exciting: to finally have my hair back, it is thick and full, have a beautiful hairline, and it is simply everything I was hoping for.

Thank you ALL for all the positive comments on all of my updates and I look forward to keeping you updated. Once it grows out more I will try to slick it back??¦and take pics for you.

I also wanted to apologize for not being around as much as work has been super busy and I herniated a disc in my lower back (so, I spend much of my free time stretching).

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

This looks fabulous Eman. I really am so pleased for you, particularly in view of all the help you have given people over the last few years in this forum - including me, all those months I was lurking in the threads. You deserve every happiness and success.

Pity about the slipped disc, but at least you'll look cool while lying flat on your back!

The difference in hair colour/texture around your temples seems to be less noticeable this month, so I imagine the same will happen with your scar hair.

I must say I am curious that no one has yet asked you straight up whether you've had an HT, but I wonder if that has something to do with the relatively gradual nature of the change.

Anyway, well done again. I am coming up fast behind you. 3.5 months and just beginning to sprout!

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Your hair looks absolutely amazing & this is nothing short of a truly remarkable transformation. I honestly can't see ANY difference in the hair color, in the recipient area &/or donor, that would leave me ever questioning your hair; I wouldn't think twice about it. 100% natural & the density appears to be fantastic. Appreciate including some w/out flash as well.

Originally posted by Eman:

I think I will need to have a professional cut my hair next??¦I want to style it in some fun ways!

Many guys get ht's specifically because their loss leaves them w/limited to zero styling options (i.e. comb forward or over)and when they see guys w/ht's who don't spend extra time and money (on products & hair cuts) but are content w/simply combing their hair to the side, it leaves them wondering if this is a direct result of the ht itself as a result of a lack of density. In reading that your still cutting your hair yourself, I take this not to be the case w/you and thought it was noteworthy. Your hair looks perfectly fine w/this style, it's just personally I can't imagine dropping $15K on a ht then not paying for a cut and some gel.

QUESTION-if you pushed your hair up in the front does the density diminish? It doesn't appear it would. If the rigorous task of taking a comb to your head--after living w/hair loss for years on end, shelling out copious amounts of money & undergoing surgery, then patiently waiting months for it to grow in--- proves to be a formidable foe & an insurmountable conquest (it does indeed seem to be a dying art these days) then it would be great to see a pic of it where you pushed it up (after it's wet and let it dry this way).

Nevertheless, congrats! You look amazing & I would never suspect you even suffered from hair loss now.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

El Nino- Thanks!

Acrobaz- Thanks for the kind words. I am also surprised that no one has directly asked me. Everyone has noticed and says how they cannot believe how much hair I have... but just waiting for the direct question.

Leeson- Thanks for all positive comments!!

BT- Thanks, it has been a fun journey.

Ron- Thanks for the comments. I agree with you on the style issue and it is certainly not due to density issues. Right now it is more manageability and wirey(ness) of the transplanted hair that makes it difficult to do much with it--and the fact that I butched it last month. It has softened and become more manageable, yet still short which makes it hard to style. In the evenings after showering I try to force it into different styles. I have chosen to wait until some of these factors change, then will go in and be re-educated in styling.

CB- You will be enjoying the summer as well!!

**I have attached a couple of pics with the hair slicked back (more spiked than anything) as much as possible both wet and dry...

My initial HT thread:

Originally posted by Eman:

**I have attached a couple of pics with the hair slicked back (more spiked than anything) as much as possible both wet and dry...

O

M

G

!

?

!

?

O

M

F

G

....you are one SICK, SICK, SICK puppy; do you know that? icon_eek.gif The way your hair looks in the soaking wet pics is PRECISELY how I would LOVE to wear my hair; and all the while your hiding this gem tucked neatly away under a variant of the Anchor Man Do (?). Dude, you look EXPONENTIALLY better w/your hair styled that way IMO. You don't need to be "re-educated" on 'styling' like a pregnant woman getting a divorce from her husband who tells her friends she's going to go to junior college to become a registered nurse. Just buy some wax/putty and do it exactly the way you did it for those pics.

Most importantly, do you know what you just single handedly did for me (and every other balded bozo) Eman? You have broken the eternal enigma the hair gods have spoken in wise riddles which has bewildered, nay tormented the hairless heads of many a men:

this means that many of the 75%+ men sporting the anchor man do on dr.'s websites, surely most of them could get away w/some variant of a fresh, modern, looking style! They have all merely been ignorant beasts and abusing the power of their follicle, JUST as yourself!

Men such as myself sit and ponder these puzzles, and enigmas, FAMISHED for answers; all the while men such as yourself have feasted upon the forbidden fruit of the follicle; sit w/the fruits of the hair gods at your feet & stare down at it as a monkey awaiting for a lesson on how to use a fork. As Moses raised his staff & parted the Red Sea sending men out of bondage and slavery into freedom; w/the baptismal blessing of Emans pictures, I raise the comb and send you who have pondered the possibilities of ht's out of your bondage to the wig, and across the sea of scalp, and into the mother land of hair.

Delicately helping those fragile souls who suffer from hair loss, w/motherly nourishment & care.

Looks fantastic Eman. 8 months?!?! I'm jealous!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

It looks fantastic. I know it's hard to believe, but if your experience mirrors mine in any way, the best may be yet to come. I'm a few months ahead of you, and months 8,9, and 10 have been huge!

It must be some great feeling knowing that even if this is your final result... you've got a full head of hair! Congrats!

Hey Eman...

Your results are absolutely fantastic... I, and i am sure others on this forum, are absolutely thrilled with your progress and results you hairy man ....

Have a great hairy summer Eman !!

Javy.

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog

Incredible even when wet! Your hair is looking awesome -- really can't ask for much more, yet it will still only get better. IMO, it is ready to be tamed and styled whenever you want! icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks guys for all the great comments!! It is really nice having the head of hair, honestly it feels great! Being able to let it blow in the wind or jump in a pool and having bangs fall on the forehead is an incredible feeling and never having to worry about it.

I didn't realize that you all would like the quasi-styled wet pictures. As you all can tell I am having a little issue in the styling department. I haven't been to a true hair stylist since...well, I cannot recall. So, I think it may be time to go in to a place that charges me money for a hair cut--I have been cutting my own since college. What do I ask?? How should I style it? What should I use (in terms of product) in my hair? All new to me. I just need to find a time to get in to a stylist.

My initial HT thread:

Men such as myself sit and ponder these puzzles, and enigmas, FAMISHED for answers; all the while men such as yourself have feasted upon the forbidden fruit of the follicle; sit w/the fruits of the hair gods at your feet & stare down at it as a monkey awaiting for a lesson on how to use a fork. As Moses raised his staff & parted the Red Sea sending men out of bondage and slavery into freedom; w/the baptismal blessing of Emans pictures, I raise the comb and send you who have pondered the possibilities of ht's out of your bondage to the wig, and across the sea of scalp, and into the mother land of hair.

LOL i'm sure thana is impressed by this, i know i am icon_smile.gif

Friggin awesome!!!

The wet pic is quite telling...looks fantastic. Haven't posted it yet, but i'm going for round two with Dr. Wong in early July. Hoping to add density and look like you homes!

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009