• View real patient photos and videos, research hair transplant physicians, get support and share your experience.

• Welcome to the Hair Restoration Social Network -

Forum Discussions, Blogs and Sharing since 1999
    Created by and for Patients!

You are currently a guest with limited access. By joining our FREE community,
    you can post on this forum, reply privately to other members and/or create
    your own profile, blogs and photo albums. Registration is easy and free so

This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after photos going                                                                                                               
    back over 18 years. To research a topic or physician, click "Search" and enter the name.

{media=
    Forum Discussions, Blogs and Sharing since 1999
    Created by and for Patients

You are currently a guest with limited access.  Sign Up for our free community today to post on our forum and use its features. To research a topic or physician, click Search.

Forums

1. Surgical Hair Restoration

1. Welcome! Click here to learn how to Post!

Tips and suggestions when using this forum. 

Please do also read our terms and conditions as there are many FAQ's that are covered.

2. Hair Restoration Questions and Answers

Here individuals can seek and provide information related to hair restoration. It serves as a space for people to ask specific questions about hair restoration procedures, techniques, costs, and results. Members can share their hair restoration experiences, offer advice, and engage in discussions about various aspects of hair restoration. The forum aims to provide a supportive and informative environment where individuals can find answers to their hair restoration inquiries and gain insights from others who have undergone similar experiences.

Share reviews, feedback, and personal experiences regarding their hair transplant procedures. This forum provides a space for people to discuss the outcomes, satisfaction levels, and overall effectiveness of different hair transplant techniques, clinics, and surgeons. Members can share their before and after photos, offer recommendations, and engage in conversations about the hair transplant results they have achieved. It serves as a valuable source for those considering a hair transplant, allowing them to gain insights from real-life experiences and make informed decisions based on the feedback provided by others.

4. Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics

Surgeons recommended on the Hair Transplant Network should post your hair transplant photos here.

A compilation of hair transplant results showcased by reputable hair restoration clinics. Read and discuss before and after photos of actual patients who have undergone hair transplant procedures. It allows users to assess the quality and effectiveness of different clinics and the results they have achieved. By presenting tangible evidence, this collection helps individuals make informed decisions about their hair restoration journey by observing the successful transformations accomplished by leading hair transplant clinics.

Post and discuss options and results of beard transplants

Post your own new topic of discussion here.

SMP involves tattooing tiny pigment dots on the scalp to mimic the appearance of hair follicles, creating the illusion of a closely-shaved or buzzed hairstyle. Members of this forum can engage in conversations about SMP procedures, share their personal experiences, exchange tips and recommendations, and seek advice from others who have undergone SMP. It serves as a supportive community for those interested in scalp micropigmentation, providing valuable insights and information about this non-surgical hair restoration option.

8. Support Group - Discuss personal issues due to Hair Loss

Interact with hair loss sufferers by sharing your hair loss experience and how it has impacted you. Relate to others on a personal level and offer and receive helpful support

1. Hair Loss Drugs

Share your opinions and experiences regarding drugs like Propecia (finasteride), Minoxidil and others.

Share your opinions and experiences about various shampoos, conditioners, hair sprays and concealers.

Share your opinions and experiences with hair systems.

Post your own experiences with, suggestions, or comments about herbal remedies for baldness.

Discuss future possible treatments for hair loss like new drugs, gene therapy, hair follicle cloning, etc.

1. Cosmetic Surgery Not Hair Loss Related

Start your own topic by posting comments or questions here. Your input and new ideas for topics is what makes this community vital.

Start your own topic by posting comments or questions here. Your input and new ideas for topics is what makes this community vital.

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Choose Top-Rated Recommended Surgeons, as Chosen by Patients.

• Newest Topics

• Latest Posts

• Is it possible? Yes, but difficult case(like me). Look into oral min as well. You will need money and likely be prepared to wait or take a risk on surgeon that isn't as well regarded. Absolutely try to avoid doctors that have any red flags, recommended or not.  
    • IMO you should not listen to what other people say and do your own research. There are plenty of cases posted for each one of the options talked about above. Obsessively go through each one of them. Without naming names you will quickly realise that even some well regarded clinics/doctors on the forum have a history of poor practices. Absolutely do not go to a hair mill or one that is masquerading as a well regarded clinic. There are clinics with good reputation and expensive costs who operate like hair mills. You need to make sure the practices that a clinics follows are good and not just rely on past results as results can lag process by more than a year. At end of day you will need to trade off between these factors: 1. Quality. 2. Price. 3. Wait time. 4. No. of reviews/reputation. There is no way that all 4 of these factors will line up. You need to sacrifice atleast 1(or more) factors. A good, cheap surgeon that is well regarded will have a long(and growing) waitlist. One that has good reputation, price, low wait time is for sure compromising in quality and that'll show up in a few years. For your case, since you are on a budget, I feel you have two solid options: 1. Research clinics that are good and that don't have lot of public reviews yet on English speaking forums. Do as many consults as you can. Things to look for: who is doing what part of surgery, results, economy of grafts, planning, where has the dr. worked before, his credentials, patients/day etc. There are solid options in your budget or even half of your budget if you do some research. They might even be better than expensive options >3x the price. I've found there are good options in India and Brazil for clinics like this. 2. Break up the surgery into 2 surgeries. Wait a little longer. A year or two doesn't make a lot of difference in grand scheme of things. Best of luck.
    • I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience with dr couto. I think it’s totally unacceptable to pay so much money for a surgeon who does multiple surgeries per day and he doesn’t even do the implantation by himself but he uses another doctor to do it. You paid for dr couto doing the whole implantation but he did only the front line. This is red flag 🚩 I think you should ask half of your money back because he didnt do what you paid for. Also it’s unethical to charge the patient 2 times for a graft which is splitted into 2 grafts. An ethical clinic charges the patient based on the number of grafts extracted, and it doesn’t split the grafts to charge the patient more money.  This is another red flag from dr couto 🚩 
    • yeah the donor management is the main reason i went to him so i'm glad!  Yeah, honestly I don't think I ended up with the amount of grafts he said we did (which is probably very common in this industry) I think it was more around the 2300-2700 region, so after that first day I just reiterated to him what my goals were The feeling I got with Dr Reddy is that it's less about the specific graft number you arranged and more about what needs to be done
    • As a result of my long research, I decided to have a hair transplant under the supervision of Dr. İlhan. His communication, interest and especially the fact that he performs hair follicles under his own control convinced me. He personally performed the operation for 4-5 hours and came and checked from time to time. He waited until the end of the procedure. The operation started at 9.30 and lasted until 7. The next day, there was no pain, swelling or edema. I have never encountered a situation like I was afraid of. Today is my 3rd day, I returned to normal life and went to work. I definitely recommend you, have no fear. You will be in safe hands. Thank you Mr. İlhan, thank you to his team.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    UKAR