hairtransplant....and now biofiber!!!!!

hey guys

for my earlier posts n comments n photos u may visit the links below and understand my past story

PHOTOS-

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=138468

STORY

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...66060861/m/445108702

i was not at all happy with my transplant....for the 1st yr it was fine but after 3yrs you all

can see for yourselfs in my photos.....that i was back to square one...

then i met a doctor here in delhi (india) who showed me bio-fiber and its results,i was impressed

then went for 1000.....in the front area....

so now i am posting my photos taken after i have under-gone 1000 bio-fibers and after

seeing my results, planning to get more...

i have just come back to this site for your views and comments....

and what u people think about bio-fibers and my pics

PS -- i am adding my latest photos to the old post....please see there...

sweetlittle,

I remember you from a ways back. Thanks for coming back and updating us on your hair restoration journey.

Well you definitely have a lot more hair than you did in the 3 year postoperative photos. All things considering, it looks pretty good though quite honestly, the hairline does look a little "pluggy" in my opinion.

I must admit, artificial hair transplant surgery has long been a concern of mine since there are a high level of complications such as infection, rejection, and bad scarring.

Synthetically transplanted hair will also not grow like regularly transplanted hair and if they break, will never grow back.

I don't intend to scare you with this information, but it's important that you are aware of it, so you know what you have gotten yourself into.

For more information see:

Are Synthetic Hair Transplants Worth it?

Bad Infection After Synthetic Hair Transplant

All that to say, I truly hope that you don't experience any of these things and that your hair lasts you a very long time.

Best wishes,

Bill

i agree...

fake is fake

but what plus i found in these bio-fiber hair was

1)in just 1hr operation u get full lenght of hair no need to wait for months to see the results

2) u dont loose hair from the donor area and

its saved for old age

3) beside the fact the lost bio-fiber hair will not grow back but u can get more implanted on regular basis like after very 6months

4) and it gives a very natural look just like

single unit hair transplant

The only pictures I saw were your pictures from 2004, I dont know what "biofiber" is or how this type of hair is inserted surgically into your scalp, more pictures would be nice, along with an explanation.

i think it looks fine, but the greater issue to me is how startling his hair loss was even AFTER a hair transplant. the transplant looks good after one year, but two years later, it's amazing that he's lost a lot of hair. did he lose the transplanted hairs or did he just continue a balding process that was happening before the first HT that wasn't visible as much? personally, i would hate to get a HT and then two years later, regress almost to the point of where i first started from.

• 3 weeks later...

Why not have another HT from a world class doctor to address the frontal hair line and then pack in the biofiber behind it?

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

Originally posted by johnd2442:

i think it looks fine, but the greater issue to me is how startling his hair loss was even AFTER a hair transplant. the transplant looks good after one year, but two years later, it's amazing that he's lost a lot of hair. did he lose the transplanted hairs or did he just continue a balding process that was happening before the first HT that wasn't visible as much? personally, i would hate to get a HT and then two years later, regress almost to the point of where i first started from.

Yeah, this is perhaps the scariest post I have seen on this forum. Fake hair + dead transplant grafts. .

Pretty interesting topic. the biofiber site has some decent info including some clinical study results. i do agree that the results are somewhat pluggy and that you still look like a candidate for an HT with a TOP (i.e., not Jennifer Martnick) ht doc. Depending on your donor availability I think the suggestion to reconstruct the hairline and then fill behind it with biofiber is a good one. or maybe someone like H&W can pull enough grafts to fill you in completely. best of luck to you and thanks for sharing your story.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 7 months later...

Dr Rassman wrote and Interesting article on Artificial Fibres refered to as " NIDO " Fibres in his book " A Comprehensive Guide To Hair Restoration " It appears there are many problems associated with this procedure . Google Nido Fibres plenty of Info there ( most of it not great )

I wish I had access to a site like this 10 years ago so I could make an informed decision and go with a coalition doc , it beggars belief that anyone can have all this info at the click of a button and still consider risking what I consider to be a desicion you have to live with for the rest of your life ! on an unproven and controversial method of hair restoration .

Sorry to be so blunt but there you go ! Just my opinion and hope it helps

Cheers Guys

ej

IMO it looks pluggy. If the biofibre hairs break, they will never grow back - and leave your skin with 1000 tiny scars. If you get a hair transplant in that area - what about the survival rate?

Dear Kindman

Im sorry to hear your transplant did not live up to your expectations .

Before you consider biofibre get some pictures up on here , there is plenty of advice and I found many coalition Drs are really willing to help you .

Was your transplant the first one you have had ?

Was it with a coalition Doc ? if so who ?

Have you had any consultations with a coalition Doc about how you can Improve your situation with further work ? if not then it may be a good idea to do so .

Also 13 months post transplant could be still growing through , I honestly think it took me 18 months on one occasion to reap the benefit of transplanted hair , as at first it grew through ` wispy` and took time to gain length and coverage I expected .

I personally would not consider Biofibre I have not heard anything good about it , it appears to be a short term fix , and I can understand patients being elated walking out of surgery with ` Instant Hair` however I think 12 months down the line may be a different story !

Post some pics of your transplant , get some feedback and get to a coalition doc ! ( I think there is a coalition Doc on this site based in Pakistan ) hope this helps

Take Care

ej

biofiber eh?

where do i sign up for that technological marble? people have been waiting for long long time for such a "natural" and "minimaly invasive" breakthrough procedure and technological feet! icon_rolleyes.gif

Dear ej

thanks well i consulted the doctor he is very good person he gave all money back and waiting game is not working for me so i want to do biofibre so i want sweet little if u can post ur recent pics did biofibre worked for longer time .can anyone tell to sweetlittle to post recent pics.