hairtransplant....and now biofiber!!!!!

Hi Kindman ,

I can understand you not wanting the "waiting game" nobody does ! However 6 - 12 months fly`s by and then you have the satisfaction of knowing you made a good decision ! Also the waiting game gets easier month by month .

I have not heard ANYTHING positive about Bio Fibre .You really need to put more research Into this and meet with patients who have had this procedure done 12- 18 months ago and get there thoughts on this . I cannot stress to you enough the Importance of making the right decision and getting it right .

Biofibre was around about 10 - 12 years ago I thought it had been consigned to history as there was a lot of bad press . As I said earlier do your research look on the net , you will struggle to find any good news on it .

Why dont you just go to a coalition Doc ? your in India there is a Doc In Pakistan who has a lot of satisfied patients posting results on here .

End of the day its your head , but I know what I would do Coalition Doc or nothing !

All the best mate

ej

The implanting of artificial fibers has been banned in the United States since 1984. Though this is fascinating stuff though, the risk seems very real. Various online resources place the failure rate between 11% to 20% over 2 years. I wonder how that would compare to HTs success rate overall? I realize its apples and oranges, but still would be interesting to see some metrics on overall patient satisfaction from an HT.

Dr. Rahal - 4069 Grafts - December 11, 2008

1's - 720, 2's - 2197, 3's - 1152 = Total Hair - 8570

Proscar 1 mg - Rogaine 5% - Nizoral 1% (3 times a week)

My Hair Loss WebLog

Kindman, from what I have learned, bio-fibre can be very dangerous. The body always tries to reject forign materials, therefore causing cronic infections which require antibiotics on a regular basis. After prolonged periods the skin becomes extremely scard and can eventually lead to skin necrosis. You can contact Dr. William Rassman of NHI to gat all the information you need...It is also know as nano fibre and was quite popular in Japan...I think they still do it there. Really reaserch this option because it can have some very serious consiquences...you could end up alot worse than you think...Hope this helps.

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

• 9 months later...

Hi guys I'm new to this site, not sure if you guys still come on here, anyway

After already having 2 HT's with minimal success, i am now considering Bio fibre.

i have heard all the negative reports and if not for my transplant scar, i would be happy to wear my head shaven IE bald, but my scar is very noticeable, and i need to somehow cover it.

I have already tried scar revision with the famous Trigrowthic Closure, implanting hairs into the scar its self , this is why i agreed to a second procedure, the result were minimal but thank fully i never gave myself another horrible scar as they just removed the previous one. but to be honest after the skin stretched back the scars look the same.

I need to address a few points on this site, and i would be curious to get your valued feedback and opinions, even if you are not medically trained.

First of all unless you are a candidate for the fue technique, which i was told i wasn't, i think i would rather have undergone Bio fibre than the strip technique which i had.

Even if the hair eventually fell out and i had been left with some scaring I'm sure it wouldn't look half as bad as the long ear to ear smile scar i now currently have on the back of my head. what do you guys think?

Secondly they say that the human body stroke/head rejects foreign objects which I'm sure is true in many cases, but how comes people can get head, eye, and body piercings and .

i have seen people with hundreds of piercings all over them and sometimes up to 20 or 30 in there head and face alone.

Can anyone offer an explanation how these people can live out there life with no complications with metal/plastic in there skin, but bio fibre/synthetic hair will cause complications. Surely any kind of metal/plastic has to be worst for your health than a synthetic type hair material. Please can any one offer any suggestions to this, in particular medical professionals, but all opinions are valued

Lastly Ive heard a lot of people suggesting not to have Bio fibre but to have further hair transplants. My opinion on this is,....Unless you are planning to have fue for the first time or have already had a previous HT and had a good result IE good growth minimal un-noticeable scaring, don't waste your money.

Even if you decided to have the fue technique this time, and had strip or fue technique previously with bad results IE not much regrowth or bad scaring, i would think if it never grew the first time it probably wouldn't grow this time.

on the other hand if you were happy with your results then i can fully understand why you would wish to undergo further treatments.

Just wish to point out at this point i am in no way advocating Biofibre and if i could do it all over, i would avoid Biofibre and any Hair transplant, alltogether, but just would like to get some opinions on what you guys think on Bofibre as a final effort to hide my Hideous transplnat scar

Look foward to hearing from you all

Bruce

Bruce,

It seems like there is potential for much complications. It might look good for 6 months or a year, but if a hair breaks off, it will need to be removed. What if part of the anchor breaks off under the skin?

Since you need 7000+ biofibres to cover a bald scalp, over the course of five years, if the hairs only last a year, you will have 35000 fake hairs implanted. Imagine the amount of scarring that will create. I think the top of your head will begin to look like a burn victim.

Then consider that the hair does not grow, yet you still need to get haircuts for the real hair. What if the sylist accidentally cuts the fake hair? It wont grow out. Also, the hair will not match your native hair, so it will all need to be dyed on a regular basis.

Really, how natural do you expect this to look?

I can understand your hesitation to move forward with another HT. If the scar can be covered by your side and back hair, you really arent much worse off than if you had done nothing, except that you cant shave down.

I think the number of grafts you have remaining and your NW level would determine if you should proceed with HT.

Search the forums and you will find examples of patients who got negligible growth from a first small procedure and then went to one of the top docs for a mega session and had a positive improvement. Dont blame poor growth on yourself, it is largely related to doctor skill.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...
hey guys

for my earlier posts n comments n photos u may visit the links below and understand my past story

PHOTOS-

my HT photos... after 3 years..need help - Forum By and for Hair Loss Patients

STORY

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/albumcomm...66060861/m/445108702

i was not at all happy with my transplant....for the 1st yr it was fine but after 3yrs you all

can see for yourselfs in my photos.....that i was back to square one...

then i met a doctor here in delhi (india) who showed me bio-fiber and its results,i was impressed

then went for 1000.....in the front area....

so now i am posting my photos taken after i have under-gone 1000 bio-fibers and after

seeing my results, planning to get more...

i have just come back to this site for your views and comments....

and what u people think about bio-fibers and my pics

PS -- i am adding my latest photos to the old post....please see there...

Hello sweetlittle,

Which picture is of the bio-fiber?

Please clarify.

The beauty of the hair curling tong is that it does not need to run a professional hairdresser. Any woman can learn to use a curling iron, but may take some time to master. But once you get good at using a curling iron, you can create a number of looks fabulous for every day and also go out.