Potential Recommendation of Dr. Pathuri Madhu of India

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

drmstx,

From the results that i have seen from Dr.madhu so far i always felt that a large area of the scalp were covered with less number of grafts,keeping in mind that indians comparatively have a small head n the hair texture is relatively curly n have thick hair.But u seem to have felt otherwise.

Bill,thx for he info

Hey Guys, I just registered on this forum but have been following it from last one year. After reading all good comments about Dr. Madhu here, I am sorry, I have specially registered to be a spoil spoticon_frown.gif Well, I visited his clinic twice in the last few days and am not satisfied with his dealings and consultation. The doctor doesnt talk openly and this makes me feel something is missing. I attended his training session - most of the patients there were for hair loss treatment and NOT for a HT. I myself consulted him for my HT. It was a short consultation and the doctor drew a hairline and estimated my total grafts - 7000 he said in 2 HTs. However I wanted to discuss a strategy, a way out -where and how to place my grafts for the best results according to my hair density and characteristics - he never did that. I admit his results look good in the pictures here, but there have to be so many other things to get a recommendation. I feel going to him for a HT right now will be llike experimenting with myself, so have decided to go abroad. Hope ir helps.

confused123,

I'm sorry you felt rushed during your consultation with Dr. Madhu. Did you express any of these concerns to him while you were there at his clinic?

In my experience, Dr. Madhu has been very thorough and willing to respond to the questions, comments, and apprehensions a few of had regarding his photos and potential recommendation. He's also posted a number of examples demonstrating the quality of his work.

In my opinion, you may want to contact Dr. Madhu privately with your concerns about your consult. Given what I've learned so far, I feel confident that he'll do what he can to help you.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bill

After my initial post stating my opinion of Dr Madhus impressive results. I feel that after a few negative/questionable posts, very thorough reviews should (and Im sure will be) conducted. Huge amounts of trust are put into each and every doctor recommendation on this site. The fact that they have been recommended is almost a safety net for many. With this net comes many expectations. Personally, reviewing all posts, I would feel somewhat concerned regarding the consulting side of the procedure. Is the Dr taking sufficient time with each patient, in their eyes? Is the recommeded strategy being explained with reasons why, extensively enough for the patients understanding? I feel that this plays a very huge role in the process of considering and ultimately deciding to take the HT path. I know it did for myself.

I would also feel slightly concerned regarding the subject of little privacy.

Professionalism is everything!

Whilst I do not intend to be even slightly negative regarding Dr Madhus recommendation, his results seem to stand up for themselves. The HT process for me, is more of a "package" than a simple 10 hour procedure. I have and will continue to hold high expectations in several areas from any Doctor that I would personally support.

My mind is not currently made up!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael,

I appreciate your genuine interest in preserving the credibility and reliabiliy of our recommendations.

I've always felt that educating patients through consultation is highly important. I've been saying for years how important it is for patients and quality physicians to work together on developing realistic expectations for the patient and designing a strategic short and long term hair restoration plan.

However, evaluating the effectiveness of an individual's consult is extremely difficult. This is because communication is highly subjective and interpretable. Additionally, the perception of effective communication can vary from person to person.

For instance, even in my position, I receive dozens of emails and phone calls each week from hair loss sufferers, some of whom aren't interested in any information other than the bottom line cost of the procedure or other quick facts. When I try to explain things further, many of them seem uninterested and are rushing me. Alternatively, others are very interested in learning the ins and outs of the procedure, evaluating the costs and benefits, and carefully weighing their options prior to making any decisions. Thus, even though I am as thorough as possible as a patient advocate, some who seek my counsel are actually the ones rushing me. If you ask them, they may have a different perspective.

Over the years, I've seen members post concerns about consults they've had with even the most reputable Coalition physicians. Thus, I feel that each situation has to be taken and considered individually. It's when patterns develop that problem areas are easily spotted. In problem areas such as consulting, we offer counseling and advice to surgeons when we see a need for improvement. This is far different than if a physician wasn't consistent in producing quality results.

What I can tell you is that in corresponding with and prescreening Dr. Madhu, he's always been very thorough and responsive both privately and publicly. He also has an adequate setup and claims to provide thorough consultations. Several junior physicians help perform the initial consultations and counseling and Dr. Madhu meets with the patient for the final consultation.

In addition to a thorough private and public prescreening process, we acquire as much feedback as possible from patients, members of our community, and quality physicians. All input will be considered prior to making the final decision on his recommendation.

Thanks for your feedback,

Bill

Pink,

Several of the albums presented show pictures of the back of the head scar camouflaged by existing hair. Additionally, his closure technique is discussed above with photos in the surgical walkthrough album showing the technique and closed donor.

Though I feel what he's provided is compelling and indicative of minimal scarring, I will ask Dr. Madhu if he has any additional pictures showing scarring to present at this time.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dear All,

I am writing on this forum for the first time, though I have been regularly visiting this forum since last 2 years.

Great work is being done by Bill and others.

Being from India, I have realised over the years that most of the doctors in India are highly unethical. To extend their business interests they can stoop to any level.

I do not intend to mean that Dr Madhu is one of them, but for the sake of larger interest, it is wise to inform about this to many members on this forum who are not from India. Hence, before giving recommendation to Dr. Madhu, I strongly suggest that this point should be kept in mind. And a bit more stringent standards and checks should be applied to pre-empt any potential manipulations by Dr Madhu.

It is important that personal interviews should be conducted with the Dr before giving him recommendation. I request more and more mebers of this forum to visit the Dr and see if he actually deserves the recommendation.

All this while we should remember that we want to find a competent HT surgeon in India for whom ethics and professionalism are not less important than earning money.

It is only through such an impartial effort and judgement that we as a community would be able to do justice to all Indian members [who can not afford costly HT in abroad] and ensure the credibility and respect of this forum.

Thanking you all.

K. Dinesh

Hello guys,

One of the members in the forum had expressed some dissatisfaction caused by us during his visit to our clinic previously.

If you really happen to come to our clinic and are dissatisfied with our lack of attention, we sincerely regret it. For the same reason, I developed a big team to address all such concerns. If you are for any means not happy even now also, you can come and clarify your doubts. But our motto is to educate and give more information about HT.

We don't pressurize any patient to undergo HT. We leave the choice to the patient himself. We generally ask them to take a lot of time researching before committing themselves for HT. But now-a-days, we are working under over-whelming pressure through mails and clinical consultation.

Our slogan is 'What more'? We are cultivating an atmosphere to tackle more no. of patient concerns. That means at the end, our doctors / myself will ask the patient 'what more information you need'? We always encourage the patient to ask more questions and physical attendance to our clinic in a positive frame of mind. Sometimes it is human by any means if the patient's attitude is different and coming with a different motto, we may not be that clear in our communication as there will be a difference of feelings.

Anyway, Please try to understand me and I am here to deliver the best of my capabilities and again I am telling you that I am working under pressure.

Thanks & regards,

Dr. Madhu

Hi Dr. Madhu,

i visited your clinic, and i waited for so long to meet you and i had lots of concerns since my donor hair is less and thin. so i wanted to meet you at the end after all the existing people that have come for consultation. i came at the end just for getting your time and freely express my concerns to you. But i was given just 5 minutes time and you were hurrying up, because of which i could nt really talk to you. I came from a long distance just to meet you and get all my doubts clarified and get ready for the transplant. I paid 300 rs./- for consultation. It was not your mistake but i felt a bit emotional in this regard. so i wanted to tell you this.

there was noone to examine existing hair texture, reasons for going bald and future hairloss. For the 300 bugs i paid, i would expect some suggestions from you and few minutes time to clarify my doubts exclusively with you. I have high regards for you, please take care of my concerns too.

Thankyou.

• Administrators

I greatly appreciate everyone's input and willingness to express their concerns. For years I have been looking for that gem in the rough clinic in India to finally recommend. With approximately one billion largely English speaking Indians you can imagine the amount of emails we get asking for a recommendation in India. I'm very excited about the very real possibility of finally being able to guide this huge number of hair loss sufferers to a world class clinic.

I also appreciate Dr. Madhu's willingness to transparently respond to the concerns expressed by the members of our community. This willingness along with his very impressive documentation of his results and process is very encouraging.

Onwards and Upwards, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hello guys,

From one of the posts above, we came to know that some patients are not showing interest to the counseling doctors even though they are very good at counseling and coming with a pre-conceived mind to extract all the information from me which may be difficult sometimes. So from now onwards, we thought of arranging an exclusive prime consultation by prior appointment. Then i can devote my time more. But even then, i advise all the patients to go thru the websites like mine / hairtransplantnetwork.com and some more good sites and to do more and more research by sparing some time, because HT is not an emergency procedure. The information regarding the Prime consultation will be added soon in our website. The existing mode of consultation can be called as general consultation where in other doctors will give you more information. Even for the exclusive special consultation also, its always advicable to meet our other doctors and get as much information as possible.

I think this new idea may help to cater the needs of such patients.

I have seen his before and after and I think he has good standard results.

Just have to see few scar results.

Otherwise I think considering the amount of work in India he is a good choice.

Best of luck

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Hello Dr Humayun

Thanks , A great doctor like you, Dr. Bill Parsley and other professional collegues for responding positively to my work.

Just now i posted surgical scar photos of 4 patients in my surgical Walkthorugh Album for your reference.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...21087683/m/841106564

Thanks & Regards,

Dr. Madhu

Members,

I sincerely appreciate your input and interest you've all expressed to ensure our recommendations remain credible.

As you know, even before we present a physician for potential recommendation, we've done our due diligence on researching and extensively interviewing the physician to learn as much as we can about their experience, technique, and hair transplant philosophy. Your input in deciding who we recommend is also vital.

After almost 2 years of prescreening physicians in India with no solid candidates to consider presenting to this community, interviewing and learning about Dr. Madhu was very refreshing. I believe he is a hidden gem performing state of the art hair transplants in India.

Given the multitude of emails we get each week from Indians seeking a quality hair transplant surgeon, I'm finally pleased to be able to point them to a quality physician doing excellent ultra refined work.

Thanks to Dr. Madhu for his prompt and transparent responses to questions, comments, and concerns expressed by our members.

It's with my great pleasure to announce that Dr. Madhu is our newest recommended physician in India. View his recommendation profile.

I trust moving forward that we'll continue to see great things come from his artistic hands and genuine care and concern for his patients.

All the Best,

Bill

Congratulations to Dr. Madhu. In Bill's words: "we believe you are indeed a 'hidden gem' performing state of the art HTs in India".

Wishing you the very best in all your endeavors. And keep posting those great results for all of us here to see.

Congrats Dr. Madhu,

Because of your quality and consistent work you are recommended by top physicians and members of the forum.

But I have a questioni for you. Do you perform only smaller session (2000-3000 grafts)as most of your work is limited to that range. or my understanding is wrong. For the benefit of the patients and members pls clarify whether you perform megasession of like 5000+ grafts in one session?

Thanks again for your good work

Hello members,

Thank you for accepting me as a recommended physician in a very prestigious forum in the world. I am sure and I will try my best to keep delivering top quality work in this field. Through me, I would like to bring much more reputation to the forum. I have the habit of correcting & upgrading myself every time.

Regards,

Dr.Madhu

Great, congrats Dr. Madhu. Youhare a wonderfull doctor and the naturaly looking hairs of mine is a great example for that. Thanks a lot for your work. Hope to see you again early next year for another session!