Australian Members

parable

I see the baht is now 30 to the oz $. Thats 2.83 per graft with Dr Path in thailand.Hard to beat that and he has a good reputation on this site. If money is an issue then now is a good time to go to thailand or america. Oz is 91c US and rising still. Im booked with Dr Path in November. i have no qualms about going to thailand for a HT. Ive read enough on this site from those who have been to feel confident in the quality of the care Ill get. Hst has just come back from a HT with Dr path. He seems happy with how things went so far....cheers

MrBSharp,

I would personally stay away from most Australian HT doctors at this stage, they are fairly outdated and I am claiming this after many many hours of research on OZ HT surgeons. I would look to travel to a top Dr for sure. (Which I will) icon_smile.gif

I have also been down on the Advanced Hair wagon, If I could walk in there with an UZI with no repercussions I would icon_smile.gif

Are you on Fin? That would most certainly be my first line of defense before even considering having a HT if I was only just noticing MPB. I wouldn't really go as far to say Minox will stop your hair loss, it is a proven growth stimulant not a DHT blocker.

• Like 1

Guys , ok after $16 grand spent on two HT's with Crown Clinic in Sydney i would say one thing.... DONT!!!!!! pathetic yeild! pathetic follow up service and even tho my results were an improvemnt id say its pretty minimal and patchy work...

Dr. Michael Molton was the Surgeon who did my last HT for Crown Clinic and he didnt give a shit about me, he was short tempered , couldnt wait to get out the door at the end... and get this he THREW AWAY some remaining grafts!!!! not many , but some nonetheless , its now been a year since my last HT with them.. and tonight i just fired off a fairly stern email.... im not fooling myself any further... I'm booked with Dr. Path for Feb 2010! and i cant wait to see what a real Doc. can do!

fortunatly i have very good donor supply , so the 1200 & second 1400 graft sessions hopefully have not deminished my available grafts too much... im only looking for a solid frontal third.... 2500-3000 grafts was Dr. Path's estimate.

my donor scar is also very very wide.... im hoping something can be done with this too.... it does not go up the sides of my head so im guessing that untapped area will be to my advantage too...the scar only travels ear to ear back of head.

• Like 1

Thats rough Giles.. 16k!! I wasted 3k at advanced hair.. i can only imagine what you must be feeling mate.

I went and saw Dr for a prescription for Propecia. I did some research and even though there are mixes reviews the positive outcomes seems to outweigh the negative ones. Dr said its the most popular drug available to combat hairloss and I might see results in 6 - 12 months, but like most other techniques out there it is only a preventative not a cure

He also said that HT is fairly new and if i want to proceed with one i should ask about some sort of 5 - 10 yr guarantee coz there is a good chance that hair will fall out. He recommended i wait for more gene research to be done (sounds awesome if it's ever possible right??)

I'm only new to all this but it seems the only true cure is acceptance. I'm just going to enjoy what i have left while i've got it.

good luck guys.

MrBSharp,I would talk to Barry White's rep. just for the experience, but I would definitely not use him. Last time I checked with my friends, he was pretty rough, a really fast cutter and then he doesn't do the incisons himself. Give your cheque book and his money tin a wide birth

MrBSharp,

I think your Dr is uneducated about HT surgery, the hair from your donor supply that is transplanted to your thinning/bald areas will not fall out (unless you are one of the worst case scenarios). It is just highly unlikely, Depending on your situation and you want to wait around for another 20 year advancement in Hair Loss technology I would say todays modern HT procedures are quite an amazing breakthrough. I think you need to search not only this forum but many other forums to see exactly what HT's can offer. I don't believe you have to accept it if you do not want to, with a world class surgeon anything is possible IMO. Propecia is not a cure but if you were considering a HT you would be crazy not to try this approach first, possibly with a mix in of a topical like minox. I am only trying to help icon_smile.gif

Cheers,

MrMike

• 1 month later...

Hi there!

I'm from Australia also & am considering a HT. I have had a consultation with NHI but after finding these boards & reading about their work I may continue looking! It seems that I will have to go overseas for a decent transplant. Anyway good to know there are a few aussies out there like myself :-)

Originally posted by easternboy:

Dear Sunnycoastman

I have heard a bit about Dr path and that was from Dr Knudsen ... he said he would be the only one that he would recommend in Thailand... he said he does good work...

Hi eastern, I had my HT with Dr path in thailand a week ago tomorrow. Im very happy with what he did. It cost me all up AU$13000 incl. airfare, hotel and food. Same Ht in oz, at least double that for the Ht alone. I really liked bangkok and love the food...so cheap too.wish i couldve stayed another week.I felt a bit depressed when i got back because it was an exciting 5 days over there and then blah...back to the same old... Dr path is an excellent surgeon and has a very important attribute...many years of experience producing consistently good results...that was important to me...I didnt want any doubts about the surgeon. I hope this is my first and last HT. Im 55 so it probably will be. Ill try and control further hairloss with proscar amd minox...cheers

sunny

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys, great to see a website with issues on hair loss from actual guys that have had procedures.

I had a small procedure of around 400 fu's about 10 years ago, I am now 35 and ready for round two in the hairline region.

After my initial HT done by Dr Marzola at his then clinic in Melbourne, I ended up working for the man for 3 years as a tech. He actually did pretty good work and was a master at scar work. He was actually one of the pioneers of the Trichophytic closure technique.

Parable, how is your scar mate? saw your pics from years back and that is bad work. Hope you got compensated.

I am now looking at around 800-900 grafts for my corners but at this stage finding it hard to head over to Adelaide (Dr M's current rooms)due to a very tight work schedule.

My only options is with Rehtt Bosnich who as most of you auusies would know works alog side Barry White. Has anyone had any experience with him or seen any of his work?

Another option would be to tack on a procedure at the end of a business trip in Thailand with Dr Path.

You input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Hi Champion, thanks for your thoughts.

I feel that Dr Knudson is not for me as I have seen some of his not so great work first hand.

I really think Dr Path sounds good, but really want to be sure he is great at his hairline design work and density.

The most convenient for me would be Rehtt Bosnich but cant find enough damn info on him!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, another Ozi here from sunny Brissy.

I nearly ent to Advanced Hair Clinic till I stumbled on this website and read all the review about people not getting what they expected from laser threapy etc. So thanx for for posting about it, it helped me save money/anguish

I am now considering HT and by the looks of it Dr. Path is the way to go. So have to start saving. Is it possible to have HT done for say 1500 FU for around 5 to 6 grand ?

Hi Ronin, I live on the sunshine coast. I had a HT with Dr Path on 25 Nov 2009, 4100 grafts. The cost is 85 baht per graft if you get more than a 1000 grafts and 100 baht per graft for anything up to a 1000. So for 1500 grafts you would pay around AU$4300 at an exchange of 29.5 baht to the dollar. Allow $1000 for the airfare and $500 or so for hotel and food. also you might want to do some shopping while youre there cz clothing especially is really cheap. Cheers

Sunny

hey Champion and Sunnycoastman,

thanx for ur reply. I only managed to save money cos a lot of pleople went ahead and pasted facts about what they went through. This takes strength and courage and I do really appreciate that.

Sunny, how you travelling with ur HT ? any chance u can post a few more pics please.

thanx.

Hi Ronin, I only have 1 pic attached showing the slight redness i have in the front. I cover that each day with some powder that I brush on. i bought from the womens section at the pharmacy. Its quick. 1 minute and Im done and it works great. I went back to work on 11 Jan with no hat. My problem right now is pimples. All over my crown. And some of them are sore. I cover that with powder too but you can still see the bumps of course. Im sick of them. I had a few in the front as well but not as bad as on the crown. Im hanging out for a haircut but Im too embarrassed to go with all these pimples. So my hair is getting long and I cant feel the scar line anymore to separate the hair and get a good pic. The itchiness is gone and I have to work to find where the scar is with my fingertips. In NZ over xmas my daughter gave me a trim around the edges and didnt notice anything so no-one in my family knows which is good. Cheers

Sunny

DSC00232_(Medium).JPG.b3368010ddafabd531a81955bb72b868.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am also Australian, based in Melbourne. I started looking around for an HT surgeon about four years ago - I spoke to Martinack and the NHI but didn't feel right about either of those clinics. In the end I went for a HT with a less well known surgeon and am less than impressed with the results. I have pics up at the following thread - http://hair-restoration-info.c...66060861/m/155107965

I am now in the process of working out what to do next. I definitely want another HT, but I am not sure where to go. I know I need to travel - but do I go for who seem the best in the business - Hasson and Wong for a session that will easily cost over $20 grand by the time you include travel and accommodation, or stay closer to home and see Dr Path in Thailand for around the $10k mark. I'd appreciate any thoughts on that, they are both recommended HT surgeons.

I am actually really annoyed as I spent $11,000 on a 2,085 graft HT and it's now a year one and the results have been really underwhelming. I should have gone OS in the first place, but I'd never had any surgery before and was very nervous about being in a foreign country in case something went wrong. I am over that fear now.

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I'm also from Sydney. Have done all the Advanced Hair rubbish which is extremely annoying.

Now considering Hair Transplant originally with Rhett Bosnich from NHI. Now definately thinking against it from Parables posts from 2003 up to present. Parables did you get your money back??

I must admit that the sales consultant in Sydney for NHI had a pretty good job and on there website this guy called Erkan has these videos and it looks amazing... better than I have seen on H&W and various pages through research.

Is Dr Path the way or is it H&W and sucking it up cost wise to go to Canada?

Any advice would be great??

Cheers Rickybobby.

P.S. Parables your fight with Marcus White were hilarious and your definately good value!!

Hi Guys

I am sure you know who Shane warne is. What do you guys have to say about the the studio he advertisies. I also beleive ricky ponting and a couple of other aussies have also utilized this studio..anybody have any feedback to share since you guys live down under

• 2 months later...

Coming in a bit late but i thought i would put my experiences up. Will keep it brief :).

I have had two Hair Transplants performed. One at NHI (Con Hatzis) and one at Dr. Path's in Thailand.

Despite what i have read on here about NHI, they are upfront about what is possible and i had no problem with the regrowth (2500+). However, the way they just staple the back of your head, especially compared to the care Dr. Path took with cutting and sealing, is really a typical Aussie 'She'll be right mate' attitude. My scar wasn't to the size i saw of Parables, but it was significantly bigger and more obvious than what i have now.

I also met Barry White on two occasions and think he is a wanker. Honest about what is possible, but just says dumb stuff.

As for Dr. Path, much better scar, much less swelling post-surgery, better post-care. Regrowth (only been 5 months) very good, still lots of spikes i can feel coming through. I was happy after 3 months, the gaps were filled in, everything now is a bonus to me. Obviously the price is cheaper, if i was to have another one, i wouldn't go to NHI for half the price due to the difference in other factors.

Conclusion is pretty obvious. If you are planning to go to the USA/Canada/Europe from OZ you can see some reviews on this site highly recommending Dr.Path. This is where i looked up some good information. As for NHI, they do what they advertise, they arn't at Dr.Path's level. I did meet Rhett Bosnich, nice enough guy, seemed to be on way too much coffee or something and seemed overly hyped up. I am sure he would do the job but why pay double to have a lesser job done? That's the point.

• 9 months later...

Hi All!! Velo from Adelaide

I am not in the same situation as you. Am female and have lost my eyebrows. Have an appointment in Sydney with the Australian Hair Transplant Institute with a Johnathan Chan. Would really appreciate it if anyone knows anything about this clinic.

Hi,

Do yourself a favour and do further research. There aren't many good HT surgeons in Australia. The nearest and most recommended HT surgery that you may wish to consider is DHT Clinic in Bangkok.

Regards

Rod

• 3 months later...

16 days post op FUT 1800 grafts with dr Knudsen

healing has gone amazingly well. redness and scabs were gone within 10 days. now its just the waiting game.

i have to say not alot of confidence in the aussie hair transplant surgeons...