Australian Members

parable

Hi Guys,

Just checking in to see how many guys who post on here are from Australia? If you're living in Oz. Let us know, it would be great to get in touch and see how we are all progressing whether we have already had a t.plant or researching into it.

Parable

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, I live on the sunshine coast. Im 55 yo and am booked in with dr path on november this year for around 4000 grafts. My expectations are very modest. I know my hair will always be thin even after the HT but general coverage is what im after. Just started taking 0.5mg of propecia a day to try and slow further loss which is very slow now anyway. Cost $35 per month. cheers

Great to hear from you guys...

I always wondered how many there were of us on the forums..

Check your private messages guys, for my e-mail addy. It would be great to keep in contact and to support each other.

Parable

Hi guys, I'm 29 and in Sydney. I only have slight loss in my temple areas which I would like "filled in". I am cosidering FUE with an overseas surgeon next year, so I am very interested in hearing about you guys and your overseas adventures. All the best!

Originally posted by GilesLavery:

Hi , i live in Sydney Australia... i used crown clinic twice with some pretty borderline results... i have a third and final HT booked with an international surgeon for FEB 2010

Where are you going to have your HT done?

All best mate!!

hi everyone, It's nice to meet you all here. I'm 21 and from adelaide. I'm still too young to have hair transplant so my plan for now is just to keep what i've got. i hv been using revivogen and have laser treatment for 7 months. Not 100% sure if it helps.

and Parable, did you have bad experience with dr marzola or sth? I've actually been to his clinic in the start of this year. He asked me to use proscar and regaine, but i was concerned with the sides of proscar so I just went somewhere else for help.

Hi SoN,

Good to hear from you buddy. The more aussies on the site the better. As for Dr. Marzola, I haven't had a procedure with him so I cannot comment on that. But I knew he was in Adelaide that is why I brought him up earlier.

Between us mate and I know others will testify, I wouldn't bother with the laser treatments, I went to Advanced hair for a year of treatments and got ripped off of over $6,000. It isn't worth it mate in my opinion, no growth to speak of.

Talk soon mate.

Hey parable,

It will definitely be better if there are more aussie on the site. It will help people to idenity better surgeons since there aren't any recommended australia surgeon in this site.

$6000?! that's really quite expensive. Was there any products included in it? You are probably right about the laser treatment, I agree with you after doing a bit of research on the internet.

My treatment ends in few months time, so I will probably make a decision by then. From the process so far, I really don't know if that helps. They showed me before and after photos and said it was improved. But I'm quite unsure since the angle and the lighting of those photos were a bit different.

talk soon man

Mate, They did the same things to me. Showed me pictures and all the b's that they throw at you. Heck $6,000 was for a year of treatments and no they did not throw any products in with the program except minoxidil/rogaine. I got a raw deal believe me. I was young and naive.

Mate, if you want to continue with the laser treatment which I don't recommend, You're better off buying a hand held laser device you can use in the comfort of your own home. It will save you money and the embarrassment of going to the clinic to get your weekly treatments.

This forum is highly popular all over bringing balding men and women together from every continent and nation. Thanks to Parable for creating a thread for Australians to connect and share experiences.

If any of you know of a good quality surgeon in Australia that we should consider for recommendation, let me know. We'd love to be able to recommend a quality surgeon on that side of the world once again.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hello... thank you parable for directing me to this site. I am in sydney & I would really like to hear back from someone who has had a HT done by Dr Knudsen. I hear nice things about him such as he is a nice guy, very caring etc however I would like to know about the quality of his work.

Just to recap I had 2500 graft done by Dr Martinek over 12 months ago. The result was very thin. I went back to see her about a top up however I was REALLY DISAPPOINTED with our meeting. I was offerred an outrageous price, then I was offerred a 10% discount when I objected and then I was offerred a further reduction as her accountant said I could have a futher price drop... I felt like I was in Bangkok haggeling over a tuk tuk fare. I feel like my initial HT with her was supposed to be a disappointment so that I could go back for a second procedure.

I have now seen Dr Knudsen and he seems more honest and straight forward. So I would like to get some feedback from anyone who has had a HT done by him. I appreciate any advice.

I looked at dr Knudson too, but at an average of $6.60 per graft it was just too expensive, so Ive booked with Dr Path in bangkok in late november. If the exchange rate stays as it is now and i get 29 baht per oz dollar its just under $3 a graft if youre having more than 1000 grafts. Less than 1000 grafts its around $3.45 per graft at the current exchange rate. The airfare is around $1000 and it may be possible to get that for less too if you hunt for a good deal. hotels and food are cheap over there too. And Dr Path comes highly recommended by others on this site so that has to be a big plus. cheers

Hi Guys,

To be straight with you I wouldn't recommend any in Australia at the moment and that's after consulting, being in contact, seeing results first hand.

Obviously as you should know, Dr Barry White should be avoided at all costs and in my opinion, your best bet (at this current time) would be to look in Europe or Nth America.

I know Sunnycoast is looking into Dr. Path and like many I believe he does solid work, but I am not completely sold on him yet.

Doctor's to look at in my opinion would be H&W (Strip), Shapiro (Strip), Bisanga (FUE and Strip) and a few others..

Hope it helps, if you need more info. Holler me

• Thanks 1

Dear Bosco

Dr Knudsen was disappoined with the density considering the number of grats....

Dr martinek charged me nearly $17,000 for 2400 and now wants $13,000 for 1500 grafts. I got a little irriated with her assistant victoria and said why is the cost so much and her reply was that it was because I was having fewer grafts done so the price goes up....

Dr Knudsen is coming in at around $10,500 for 2000 grafts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm from OZ! icon_smile.gif Knudsen? Nice guy and all however seemed a little out dated last time I consulted with him about a year ago.

I've seen Dr Barry White's poster boy in person too! Spot his work a mile away (could be a work in progress i suppose).

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I noticed hair loss around my scalp about a year ago but only did something about it earlier this year. Like parable I went to advanced hair & signed up in panic. Now I completely agree lasers do nothing. After doing more research recently i would have been better going to a chemist & buying Rogaine which contains minoxidil(AH do provide you with a few bottles of minoxidil). I have not noticed minoxidil stopping or slowing down the hair loss which now seems to be moving forward towards the front.

I've got an appointment with someone from Dr White's office soon & curious to get some more feedback on the previous posts as they dont sound 2 encouraging. I'm really not keen on flying to thailand or vietnam to get a surgical procedure done.