Australian Members

parable

Thanks very much for the quick responses guys, much appreciated, that doesn't sound too good ideal @qui bono. I'm 30 and been on fin for 2.5 years which has stabilised it massively.

Was definitely looking at FUE instead of FUT as I'm not a fan of the massive scar that the FUT procedure leaves and never heard of the others. Goals are to have an even hairline again that will allow me to push my hair back or have a buzzcut without having to try and cover the bald spot in the middle of the hairline and fill out the temples. Had quotes from a couple clinics in Turkey over Whatsapp saying that 800-1000 grafts would be needed for the hairline. 

I know that Dr Spano uses FUE but can't find much info on his work other than some of the images on his site which look a bit hit and miss.

The photo in the front doesn't look too bad but I have a bald spot that goes up fairly high and my hairline drives me crazy becasue of it, crown isn't too bad yet fortunately but I'll start a new thread and post some better photos too.

Thanks guys.

• Valued Contributor
On 9/14/2009 at 11:13 PM, kristijan said:

Hi I live in Adelaide Australia and considering HT with an overseas surgeon within 2-3 years.

Had bad HT in Adelaide 10 years ago.

Love this site as it would help me to choose the best possible HT surgeon.

I know the surgeon you are referring to.

• Valued Contributor

I had my first hair transplant in 1985! From research with the vast bulk of hair transplant surgeons here over the past 35 years DO NOT GET A HAIR TRANSPLANT IN OZ!!!!!

For starters they are as expensive and often more so than the top hair transplant surgeons in the world! Secondly without airing too much dirt, as nice and presentable as some are/have been, their have been drug addicts that have passed away recently and others that can only perform 1,000 grafts per operation because they are either too old and/or don't have the skill set to do more which just isn't good enough in this day and age. That means one procedure becomes three! Other high profile surgeons still leave doubles in the front hairline and have been convicted of committing fraud over lying about their qualifications in New Zealand, etc. Remember you are paying not just for results but for professionalism! You really need to do your research and when you start to look at clinics in Belgium, places like Eugenix in India, etc, you have to ask yourself why would you set yourself up for a huge risk and poor results having surgery here?

The argument of stating that the surgeons here are closer than going overseas just doesn't make sense. If you had to have a heart transplant that would fail if you had it in Australia or one in India, Belgium that would be a success for the rest of your life I know what the answer would be. For the inconvenience of over seas travel for say anything from a few days to two weeks compared to the time you have over the rest of your life it doesn't even come into it. You have to look at your hair transplant for the rest of your life in the mirror. I was butchered at the age of 18 by a surgeon in Melbourne twice. Since then I have obviously become very invested in what is happening in the industry in this country. I apologize if anyone feels that I have spoken too harshly but it's basically just so you don;t have to go through what I have and that you get the results that you deserve.

• Like 2