Victim of a bad transplant. Looking for advice for a US surgeon

Hello,

I’ll start off by saying I wish I found this forum sooner; now is better than never though!

I was suppose to receive 1800 grafts to fill in my receding hairline but was lied to.  

(It looks like I received about 500 grafts on the hairline and they took at least 1,000 from the donor, see pictures)

Backstory:

About a year and a half ago, I saw an ad for $2/grafts and pics of good transplant ‘results’. On top of that the place was sending me pictures of people who received bad turkey hair transplants, who were going to them to get fixed. I now believe the pictures he was showing me were results from their terrible work. I wish I did more research   

Anyways, I don’t want to dwell too much on the past, so I’m trying to move forward and want to get a 2nd transplant.  

I’ve been on .5 mg/day finasteride for a couple years and I’m not loosing anymore hair (besides a few a day). 

I’m wondering if you guys can guide me in the right direction to get my hair line density thickened along with a small amount of density in the crown area and some throughout the middle part.

I’ve contacted Dr.Nader several times without any luck. He’s in my price range and seems to do amazing work. I’d rather not go to Turkey but I can’t seem to find any other options without spending a ton.

The ‘keeps’ hair team (Dr. Farhan Contractor)said this:  “we are recommending up to 2000 grafts for your hairline, front, and mid-scalp” for $8k but they’re another place that I don’t really trust.

This seems like a supportive community, so thank you to anyone who takes time to respond!

IMG_0309.jpeg

IMG_0316.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

IMG_0539.jpeg

IMG_0541.jpeg

IMG_0639.jpeg

IMG_0640.jpeg

IMG_5738.jpeg

IMG_5739.jpeg

IMG_5751.jpeg

IMG_5737.jpeg

IMG_5745.jpeg

IMG_5747.jpeg

IMG_5755.jpeg

IMG_5756.jpeg

IMG_5758.jpeg

Please name the clinic you went to, this is really awful work. What did they do witht eh rest of the grafts they have extracted and what did they told you about this results?

Can you share some more pictures of your donor area? Avoid turkey you have great options for a repair in usa and in europe. There are doctors like maras in cyprus, bruno ointo and bruno ferreira in portugal, couto in spain, bisanga and lupanzula in belgium that do such repairs. Do a research in this forum about this doctors.

• Administrators

I wonder if you went to this place @Sanjar41 look at his story, it’s similar. So is @Oxiborick

That said, have you consulted with Dr. Laorwong in Thailand, or Dr. Espinosa Custodio? These are affordable alternatives. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I wonder if you went to this place @Sanjar41 look at his story, it’s similar. So is @Oxiborick

That said, have you consulted with Dr. Laorwong in Thailand, or Dr. Espinosa Custodio? These are affordable alternatives. 

Sanjar and I are both Chris McTyre vicitms. This looks similar to his (well, his wife's) work.

You'll heed to camouflage the hairline with single grafts to make it natural as possible with better homogenous density. 

Even if the punch job was harsh, you still have very good donor.

Our clinic HDC located in Cyprus on the Greek side, both Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina can review your case, if you interested in consultation you're welcome to contact me. 

Edited by Doron Harati
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

51 minutes ago, jjalay said:

Please name the clinic you went to, this is really awful work. What did they do witht eh rest of the grafts they have extracted and what did they told you about this results?

Can you share some more pictures of your donor area? Avoid turkey you have great options for a repair in usa and in europe. There are doctors like maras in cyprus, bruno ointo and bruno ferreira in portugal, couto in spain, bisanga and lupanzula in belgium that do such repairs. Do a research in this forum about this doctors.

I wish I could. I agreed to not ‘out’ them in order to get half my money.

• Face Palm 1

47 minutes ago, Oxiborick said:

Sanjar and I are both Chris McTyre vicitms. This looks similar to his (well, his wife's) work.

What was the outcome of your cases if you don’t mind me asking. Did you hire an attorney?  

53 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I’m haven’t heard of them. I was hoping to stay in US or at least close, but it seems impossible. 

13 minutes ago, Drumnjake said:

What was the outcome of your cases if you don’t mind me asking. Did you hire an attorney?  

I got about half the grafts I was promised so I refused to pay the second half of the fee. The grafts I did get did actually grow in; if they hadn't, this guy would be under arrest just like his ex-wife and daughter were arrested. Not really interested in pursuing legal action and would rather put this behind me and forget about it.

Edited by Oxiborick
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Do you have any recommendations for US doctors that would be $8k or less. 

Anyone have advise on getting ahold of Dr. Nader?

• Valued Contributor
36 minutes ago, Drumnjake said:

How was this “agreement” formalised? And do you already have your money back?

If this is the same clinic as is being suggested here, I doubt they’d attempt to pursue you unless they’re stupid as well as bad. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drumnjake said:

Do you have any recommendations for US doctors that would be $8k or less. 

Anyone have advise on getting ahold of Dr. Nader?

You can try to send him a consultation request from the online cons. in this forum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Berba11 said:

How was this “agreement” formalised? And do you already have your money back?

If this is the same clinic as is being suggested here, I doubt they’d attempt to pursue you unless they’re stupid as well as bad. 

A sloppy contract was sent to me that I signed, and yes. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Drumnjake said:

I’m haven’t heard of them. I was hoping to stay in US or at least close, but it seems impossible. 

Dr. Espinosa is in Mexico. Dr. Rahal is also a good option he’s in Canada. In the US, it will range between $8-12 per graft. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Nader is insanely popular right now and therefore can be very picky in who he wants to take on as a patient. 

If you have already tried him multiple times and weeks/months have already passed, dont get your hopes up with him and keep on consulting with others

Also please completely abandon (if you haven't already) the idea of getting a good surgery for 2 dollars/graft. Its just not going to happen. 

For what its worth I personally don't consider you botched, if it makes you feel better. 

Your surgery did have clear growth, its moreso that the growth yield was appallingly bad. But as long as all the hair that grew, grew in fine, I think you can consider this progress (although its somewhat small progress)

Even if this 1st surgery went well, chances are youd still need a 2nd or even 3rd surgery just like most guys do. 

It is unfortunate the 1st surgery was so lackluster, but this is far from being a trainwreck

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Drumnjake said:

Just name them, are you sure you will get half money? Just look at your results, how on earth are you so sure that they will return your money?

• Valued Contributor

As bad as you are feeling @Drumnjake the outcome is no way close to some of the butchered results that are posted on the forum in exactly the same situation that you are in. You could probably get away with placing singles in front of the doubles in the hairline as @Doron Harati has suggested. But as a repair patient (and I was a repair patient with a lot of scars that included my face) you really want to get this 'right' and you certainly don't want to end up just jumping out of the pan again and back into the fire. You may need some grafts punched out. I would strongly recommend that you save up and take your time (and save up) in researching and accept that you will have to most likely travel for this repair. What you have got going for you is that you are on medication and that the work is not low in the hairline and you don't have a couple of thousand poorly placed pluggy grafts to deal with. Wishing you all of the best!

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

The current outcome of your hair transplant is suboptimal, but not a disaster or irreparable, so i would say this is fixable.

Different doctors may suggest varying approaches to fix this. Some might propose implanting a few fine single hairs to blend with your existing hair, while others might recommend removing and re-implanting some grafts for better placement. So i would ask you to consult with several doctors, look at their results portfolio to find cases similar to yours, and then choose the one you feel most confident in.

Dr. Nader is a reputable option, although be aware that he may take some time to respond to your consultation request, so keep buzzing him.

Considering your current situation, HDC Clinic and Dr. Laorwong are budget-friendly surgeons I recommend looking into.

I advise against limiting your search to surgeons based solely on location preference, as this could limit your options. There are many skilled surgeons around the world, and focusing only on local options might cause you to overlook other highly qualified professionals.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

@Drumnjake

Some great advice has been shared with you above.

I have read through your thread, and apologies if I have missed it but I dont see your age mentioned?

Good to hear that you are on meds and you feel things have stabilised.

From your images, a few considerations are that there appears to be some thinning behind the initial cms of your hairline.

ScreenShot2024-02-19at13_21_28.thumb.png.57f9e3681e89d891626797937553164e.png

Photos are not always completely accurate but depending on your age and stability, these areas may experience some further decline and as you are considering a repair surgery, depending on all specifics, it may be required and in your best interests to reinforce throughout this area to avoid any disparity or need for further surgery in the shorter term.

Whilst your rear donor was the only area of your donor that was harvested, with your hair at length, it is hard to get an idea of status of the area.
In your pre surgery photos where you back and sides are shorter, you can see that the side donor presents a lower density than the rear (below).

ScreenShot2024-02-19at13_21_20.thumb.png.a5e5d2518bacc52c3190fa8256ab98bf.png

It is quite common to have a drop in density in comparison to your rear occipital, but it would be in your interests to get a thorough assessment before jumping in to any additional surgery. These parietal areas generally present the most appropriate finer single hair grafts for hairline work and so with any drop in density in these areas, it really highlights the importance of getting it right this time and to ensure to have appropriate long term planning.

I wish you the best moving forward.

• Like 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

22 hours ago, HappyMan2021 said:

Nader is insanely popular right now and therefore can be very picky in who he wants to take on as a patient. 

If you have already tried him multiple times and weeks/months have already passed, dont get your hopes up with him and keep on consulting with others

Also please completely abandon (if you haven't already) the idea of getting a good surgery for 2 dollars/graft. Its just not going to happen. 

For what its worth I personally don't consider you botched, if it makes you feel better. 

Your surgery did have clear growth, its moreso that the growth yield was appallingly bad. But as long as all the hair that grew, grew in fine, I think you can consider this progress (although its somewhat small progress)

Even if this 1st surgery went well, chances are youd still need a 2nd or even 3rd surgery just like most guys do. 

It is unfortunate the 1st surgery was so lackluster, but this is far from being a trainwreck

Yeah I know it will be more, just hoping I can find something reasonable.

I appreciate the words. It’s definitely worth something. This has been a mental roller coaster for me. I feel a lot of shame for not doing my due diligence and just looking for a deal.