Victim of a bad transplant. Looking for advice for a US surgeon

11 minutes ago, Drumnjake said:

Yeah I know it will be more, just hoping I can find something reasonable.

I appreciate the words. It’s definitely worth something. This has been a mental roller coaster for me. I feel a lot of shame for not doing my due diligence and just looking for a deal. 

hair fiber might be a good temporary bandaid until you get fixed. 

It is ill advised putting fiber directly on the hairline (super awkward if it falls down your forehead)....but in your case fiber may have a good use case in the areas behind the hairline

10 hours ago, Raphael84 said:

@Drumnjake

Some great advice has been shared with you above.

I have read through your thread, and apologies if I have missed it but I dont see your age mentioned?

Good to hear that you are on meds and you feel things have stabilised.

From your images, a few considerations are that there appears to be some thinning behind the initial cms of your hairline.

ScreenShot2024-02-19at13_21_28.thumb.png.57f9e3681e89d891626797937553164e.png

Photos are not always completely accurate but depending on your age and stability, these areas may experience some further decline and as you are considering a repair surgery, depending on all specifics, it may be required and in your best interests to reinforce throughout this area to avoid any disparity or need for further surgery in the shorter term.

Whilst your rear donor was the only area of your donor that was harvested, with your hair at length, it is hard to get an idea of status of the area.
In your pre surgery photos where you back and sides are shorter, you can see that the side donor presents a lower density than the rear (below).

ScreenShot2024-02-19at13_21_20.thumb.png.a5e5d2518bacc52c3190fa8256ab98bf.png

It is quite common to have a drop in density in comparison to your rear occipital, but it would be in your interests to get a thorough assessment before jumping in to any additional surgery. These parietal areas generally present the most appropriate finer single hair grafts for hairline work and so with any drop in density in these areas, it really highlights the importance of getting it right this time and to ensure to have appropriate long term planning.

I wish you the best moving forward.

I’m going to be 36 in a month. 
I would say the back is/was probably denser than the sides. Here’s a current pic of both. I do believe I need some hairs put behind the hairline as well.  

I agree it’s hard to say the status of my donor. It looked pretty bad after the transplant but healed decently. Here is a pic a couple days after the transplant :/

IMG_5777.thumb.png.6114819795bdbbda07681f6dcc62c5a1.png

IMG_5772.jpeg

IMG_5773.jpeg

IMG_5775.jpeg

11 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:
11 hours ago, A_4_Archan said:

The current outcome of your hair transplant is suboptimal, but not a disaster or irreparable, so i would say this is fixable.

Different doctors may suggest varying approaches to fix this. Some might propose implanting a few fine single hairs to blend with your existing hair, while others might recommend removing and re-implanting some grafts for better placement. So i would ask you to consult with several doctors, look at their results portfolio to find cases similar to yours, and then choose the one you feel most confident in.

Dr. Nader is a reputable option, although be aware that he may take some time to respond to your consultation request, so keep buzzing him.

Considering your current situation, HDC Clinic and Dr. Laorwong are budget-friendly surgeons I recommend looking into.

I advise against limiting your search to surgeons based solely on location preference, as this could limit your options. There are many skilled surgeons around the world, and focusing only on local options might cause you to overlook other highly qualified professionals.

I hope this helps you. Good Luck.

I am indeed broadening my searches. Canada, US, and Mexico (as of now nader is the only person in Mexico I would feel comfortable seeing). 

I appreciate the response.  

Edited by Drumnjake

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Drumnjake said:

I am indeed broadening my searches. Canada, US, and Mexico (as of now nader is the only person in Mexico I would feel comfortable seeing). 

I appreciate the response.  

Have you consulted with Dr. Cooley? He’s an excellent choice. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 hours ago, Drumnjake said:

Yeah I know it will be more, just hoping I can find something reasonable.

I appreciate the words. It’s definitely worth something. This has been a mental roller coaster for me. I feel a lot of shame for not doing my due diligence and just looking for a deal. 

If this was done to you by who I think it was, don't beat yourself up. He can come across as very likable and friendly.

11 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Have you consulted with Dr. Cooley? He’s an excellent choice. 

I am waiting on consultation with him. Anyone go to  Dr. Bloxham by chance?

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Drumnjake said:

I am waiting on consultation with him. Anyone go to  Dr. Bloxham by chance?

There’s a few reviews here. The reason I bring up Cooley is because of his work on repairs. @HTREGRETS

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

*****Update****
I ended up seeing Dr. Nader yesterday. 
2572 grafts total to rebuild and reinforce hair line, as well as center part. 

Here’s some pics. (Donor is still bandaged till tomorrow)

IMG_6193.thumb.jpeg.8ba8fedba7c86c81073a6a946e4d155c.jpegIMG_6195.thumb.jpeg.f07045a11171e12c7496f55fd4169b9b.jpegIMG_6201.thumb.jpeg.c1f9dccd2bd380921a77dfd330651434.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

Edited by Drumnjake
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Drumnjake said:

*****Update****

IMG_6193.thumb.jpeg.8ba8fedba7c86c81073a6a946e4d155c.jpegIMG_6195.thumb.jpeg.f07045a11171e12c7496f55fd4169b9b.jpegIMG_6201.thumb.jpeg.c1f9dccd2bd380921a77dfd330651434.jpeg

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

How did you experience with Dr. Nader go? Drive into and out of Reynosa was good? Nice to see that he allowed you to keep your recipient area unshaved. My appointment with him is in 2 weeks and this is exactly what I'm hoping to have done (ushaved recipient/hairline/frontal work).

As for your repair case, I hope it turns out great! He seems to be very ethical and does a good job. I'll be following your case as I'll be almost on the same timeline as you. What density did he operate at for you?

44 minutes ago, Dobranich said:

How did you experience with Dr. Nader go? Drive into and out of Reynosa was good? Nice to see that he allowed you to keep your recipient area unshaved. My appointment with him is in 2 weeks and this is exactly what I'm hoping to have done (ushaved recipient/hairline/frontal work).

As for your repair case, I hope it turns out great! He seems to be very ethical and does a good job. I'll be following your case as I'll be almost on the same timeline as you. What density did he operate at for you?

Everything went smoothly except for a couple of flight delays, so plan to get there early. The drive into Reynosa was about 30 minutes. Took probably an hour to get back because of the long line at the border. 

I believe the density came out to between 36 - 40 per cm².

Nader and his team are great. You are in good hands.

• Moderators

It looks good. Hopefully this will resolve any issues you had. Keep us updated. 

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Drumnjake said:

*****Update****

IMG_6190.jpeg

IMG_6200.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

Love the widows peak 🙏

• Like 1

View my thread

5 minutes ago, Al - Moderator said:

It looks good. Hopefully this will resolve any issues you had. Keep us updated. 

Thank you, I’m hoping so 🤞

14 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Love the widows peak 🙏

Thank you.  Apparently I always had a small one. I also showed him a hairline from this forum I really like, which my have had some influence. 

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Drumnjake said:

First look at recipient and donor after first wash.

Donor actually looks better than I anticipated .

IMG_6218.jpeg

IMG_6219.jpeg

Looks super clean. Did you mention the surgeon?

View my thread