My FUE HT with Dr. Felipe Pittella 10.8k grafts

harry1234

Hello Hair restoration community,

I had recently undergone FUE HT and now it is my time to give it back and post about the journey

Short intro on my hair loss, I Norwood 6 to 7 person, baldness runs in my family no surprise there. I had FUT procedure done way back in 2014 after my undergrad leaving with a big scar on the back of my head. I was not impressed with the results  and also had to stop finasteride due to side-effects from finasteride . I stopped using finasteride after using for one year. Fast forward five years, and after losing much of the Hair, I thought of giving a try to hair system which became so popular In recent times. I had hair system for two years from 2019 year end to 2021 jan. Some of the issues i had with hair system were Constant thinking about it, sweating, gluey forehead,  and I also observed the hair system made the native hair miniaturized after one year so finally stopped using the system from then on. I then decided to SMP, for some reason even after trying multiple sessions, my fut scar smp didn't blend properly with my rest of the scalp and people used to easily tell i had a scar.

After having hair system for a year with all these issues and previous failed fut and smp, I felt like there is no other way and It is a waste of time to even try to explore other HT options So was not following this website for years now. Recently 5 months back i logged in and was browsing And found @Gatsby journey very interesting. I could connect to him in multiple issues and he was on the boat with me and his blog inspired me to try HT one last time and think about another hair transplant surgery. I spoke with Dr Felipe and decided to go with him, today is my 3rd day of Post operation. A total of 10,851 g were placed. I had a thick beard, and because of FUT, I have very less donor area in the back, so about 60% of the grafts were harvested from my beard.

Dr pittella and team are so helpful in making the survey so smooth. There are numerous Posts in this website showing how great his work is. I had a fut before so the pain and discomfort is almost nothing for me compared to it. I am so happy that I chose Dr Pittella as my attending surgeon. Thanks to @Digs49 for answering all my questions about the travel. you been a great help brother.

My Before Pictures

IMG_7292.thumb.JPG.e9a67d701c4819999b55f923308c6adb.JPGIMG_7298.thumb.JPG.dc3f9c40971359f3e247f9e2f2d156e4.JPGIMG_7301.thumb.JPG.d5a8bd062f46d36367061dd6b7c1b8d7.JPG

IMG_7307.thumb.JPG.5ce2fe126a28c0a14ecde94d2768db98.JPG

Day1 of the surgery , close to 5500 grafts were implanted from right side of the scalp and right beard

IMG_0904.thumb.jpg.82b654b3c6d42d91bb9aac57ef53f955.jpg

Final Day 2, close to 5000 grafts are implanted from left side of the scalp and beard. totaling 1000 grafts are placed in both temples +Fut scar.

IMG_4124.thumb.JPG.aaf203ad2e009f9312d3f1564571e092.JPGIMG_4137.thumb.JPG.abefdd7c0e2b92c8fa1878d1f7e2ab95.JPGIMG_4138.thumb.JPG.67277bd9150ec81c373eee5d7058b791.JPG

I will post updates on this topic from now on.  Thanks to the founders for creating this website to talk about experiences and making every one's life better. I would have never known about all these amazing doctors if this website doesn't exist.

Post op Day 3 pictures

unnamed(2).thumb.jpg.4b32fc4c17ec9f13020efbd14141386f.jpgunnamed(3).thumb.jpg.82b4a0bca4c7ea38bb75c090c7dd36bd.jpgunnamed(1).thumb.jpg.6afa9368b6091d63eb1c7e42f482a7c2.jpgunnamed.thumb.jpg.a0cf6fd407747d3299a9a13108ce9bf9.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

• Like 3

@harry1234 This looks amazing! So happy for you…the work looks very clean, densely packed, and your neck looks great. I have no doubt that this will be another outstanding result by @Dr. Felipe Pittella Stay in touch throughout the recovery.

Also, yet another instance of the HRN community (the likes of @Melvin- Admin and @Gatsby) connecting people and sharing experiences/advice. The value of this community & its positive members can’t be stated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

Incredible write-up, @Gatsbyis a pillar in our community, he gives back so much. @Dr. Felipe Pittella has cemented himself as one of the best. I’m glad our community led you to him 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Story like this what makes it so awesome. I really pray and hope that you would achieve a good result with the doctor. Is really almost no doctor that does what Dr.Pittella do and we should appreciate those kind of doctors  and how he are helping the people with decimated donor or  giving the same opportunity to the grade 7-8

• Valued Contributor

@harry1234 you have chosen potentially the best Norwood 7 surgeon in the world today in @Dr. Felipe Pittella The fact that your previous surgery was FUT means your donor will be stronger than if you had have had FUE. Also you still have some coverage already which will be a huge advantage. I look forward to following your journey!  Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looking really good 👍🏼 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

This is gonna be epic.

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

Totally concur with Melvin, this is going to be an absolute homerun! The hair looks so densely packed. You will look like a new man no doubt. Remember…be patient during these next few months. That’s easier said than done but  trust Dr. Pittella and put your mind more at ease. 

• Administrators

Hows it looking? Grafts must’ve fully shed and ugly duckling mode. This is when you wanna document it, because the comeback is gonna be epic.

• Like 1

View my thread

Sorry for missing 4 weeks post guys. Here is the 6 week update. Taking oral minox and biotin daily and shampooing regularly. Most/all of the transplanted hair fell off.

IMG_1350.thumb.jpeg.5752943407882ff2f67b8beadde3b921.jpegIMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.d4f50375d11d29d3fc89bcb6e44b94cf.jpegIMG_1349.thumb.jpeg.0d9d8d3dbb334c08a2a5ee6cb43b632d.jpeg
IMG_1348.thumb.jpeg.f464b3296512ba1ff4d8dfac607b6fed.jpeg

IMG_1347.jpeg

Edited by harry1234

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This will be epic, thanks for posting. In a few months this comparison will be insane. 

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...