Sex and Masterbation After a Hair Transplant

I know this is a funny question but I have heard a few different things and I feel like I'm going to explode so I need some clarification.

At what point in time after a hair transplant is it ok to either masterbate or to have sex? I have heard that you should wait 10 days after a hair transplant because it can 'blow out transplants'. Is this true of just a 'load', no pun intended, of crap?

thanks guys!

I would strongly advise against it !

The last thing you need is a stiffy as valuable blood will be redirected at a critical stage to your private regions when in fact that blood should be freely flowing in your scalp !

Poor circulation in the scalp could mean that the grafts are compromised and do not root.

Dont risk it mate and get yourself some bromide tea and think of someone gross to keep your mind off sexual encounters - even involving oneself.

To be fair if you havent had any action for a few days Mop then you'd be better relieving it or it will consume your day. Or it would mine anyay.

You really do need to wait a bit---- the biggest issue is pulling or stretching out your scar by putting to much tension on your closure.

Now I'll hazard a guess to say that sex either by yourself or with others will involve considerable movement and potential strain on the back of the head so I suggest laying off. icon_biggrin.gif

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

LOL! icon_smile.gif This is the next greatest excuse for poor growth, guys -- docs just can't keep their sex-fiend patients to lay off the rub n' tug.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

possible issues...sweating profusely can potentially dislodge the grafts....if she likes to pull your hair could be an issue...extra tension on the closure is never good...could hit your head on the bedpost...with this said, its been done and im still alive, hair looking better than ever so proceed with caution but if you have to proceed proceed..its only natural lol

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

unfortunately/fortunately, depending on how you look at it, i don't have to worry about bumping my head on the bedpost. my gf has been away on business for over a week now and right now it's just me and the palm sisters ... lol.

cheers.

take it easy champ the first couple days as you do not want to stress the donor area or the grafts for that matter. I assumed running after a couple days but light speed and distances.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I agree with Faceless man's post.

Hey, we tell everyone, "don't raise your blood pressure til your sutures are removed". That covers most sex that I have heard of.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I had a hair transplant 7 weeks ago, and I had my girlfriend with me. We had sex on a regular basis after HT. I knew I am not allowed to have any physical activities but we figuered me lying on my back and her doing all the work isnt really "physical activity".

But now I am very concerned because I am reading about the "blood flow to the head" which can blow out the transplants. How would I have recognized it, if such thing would have happened???

I had FUE so the scar is not the issue, but I am really concerned about my grafts.

I would appreciate any kind of answer especially from the docs on this site, because my doc failed to point this out to me although he knew I was there with my girlfriend.

BJP99 - sorry my post was a complete joke and I think we all got the bug and we began some daft posts.

I am sure there would be no circulation issues in the head with a few onces head downstairs !

My advice is to wait until you're 42 to have a transplant; and then sex or masturbation will be way on down the list of thing you'll want to do immediately after the procedure ..... especially if you have the same wife for about 15 years!!

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

Speak for yourself on the interest in sex going down after 42. But on a second reading you do add "right after the procedure" and I agree with that.

As a 44.7 year old, the only time my interest dropped was when I was on propecia. And, at least 30% of my patients are divorced/new girlfriend and are hoping to be out on the "market" to get some action; and are changing their hair, wardrobe, car etc to attract more females.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 years later...

Hi

Just was a bit worried but need to be certain about something.

I had a hair transplant 3 weeks ago (fue) and everything went great. All my scabs have gone and all I have left is a bit of numbness. I had sex last night (after 3 weeks) but I'ma bit worried because there was alot of hair on the pillow. My doctor told me that it's safe to have sex after 10 days and hair will be falling out for upto 2 - 3 months. My hair has been shedding as i see it when I wake up and see the pillow but this morning there was more then what usually sheds. No bleeding occurred and no pain is present and I didn't see anything that could have been a graft. All I could see was just some dry skin on my scalp, I want to know if my grafts are okay?

Thanks in advance

Nav,

I think we would all agree with your surgeon: grafts should be fully anchored by (approximately) day 10. After this point in time, you really can't do much permanent damage. At 3 weeks, you should be safe.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

john2009, you are a stallion hahaha. Sex on your mind even after a HT. Ok, Masturbation is totally normal but Sex should be done in positions where your head not affected like Doggy style. Most of all, dont forget to put on the condom lol.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Thanks man, you put my mind at ease. I held my girl back for so long cause I didn't want to damage any grafts but as long as I know it's safe now, I can put my mind to ease.

Thanks again for your fast response. Iv been a spectator for a few years now on this forum and I honestly have to say the community in this forum is great. Keep it up (thumbs up)