dr. konior 3400 strip

skyler

You guys were right. Flawless. Sitting in hotel room night of procedure writing this on my iPhone. Thanks for your help MattDominance from Let’s Get Hair and Melvin from HairRestorationNetwork.

0BCC97BB-D956-456B-AEF6-087F57D2F3DA.thumb.jpeg.c25a105795f19574ba70cab62479bd7e.jpeg7DF25823-A72A-4428-9395-780AEA771D2E.thumb.jpeg.5f4777c841e545333132c4e68a141925.jpeg

FUT chosen because I don’t care about scars nobody sees them, plus if they do, I would tend for them to think it’s cool. Arrived yesterday, walked across the street and loaded up on food. I probably ate too much (Oreos, Unsalted pistachios to avoid salt bloating) because I was a little nervous, and only got about 5 hours of sleep. Regardless, I went in 6:30a this morning and left at 10p this evening. Will post more in a week, a month, 6 months, and 1 year mark.

What can I say? I’m elated. The staff was world-class to say the least. I have never felt in such good care in my life. Dr. Konior is some kind of magician, and I don’t say this lightly. I really do believe there are people in this world on another level, and they're one in one hundred million. I slyly asked him if I could return to the waitlist for next year to fill in the patches in my beard and he smiled and said just focus on healing and don't bump your head over the next few days :P Smart guy!

P.s. Got to keep my mullet ;) (or at leas the part that wasn't affected by the strip incision).

Edited by skyler
  • Like 4

• Administrators

Dr. Konior is one of the best in the world. I’m glad I steered you in the right direction. Heal up and happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 8/30/2023 at 5:30 AM, Turkhair said:

Nice! Happy growing

How much did it cost? 

I don't feel comfy disclosing how much it was but Dr. Konior bills by the day and I had his full care during this time. The only thing I was not sure of was whether the sandwich they ordered at lunch for me was all mine or if I was supposed to split it half-half with him, because it was large. I ended up eating the whole thing.

Whether you go with FuE or FuT the price is the same as you are paying for one (1) full day with the surgeon. I have no regrets-- I feel as though I got more grafts both in the short-term and long-term by going FuT.

Edited by skyler

12 hours ago, skyler said:

I don't feel comfy disclosing how much it was but Dr. Konior bills by the day and I had his full care during this time. The only thing I was not sure of was whether the sandwich they ordered at lunch for me was all mine or if I was supposed to split it half-half with him, because it was large. I ended up eating the whole thing.

Whether you go with FuE or FuT the price is the same as you are paying for one (1) full day with the surgeon. I have no regrets-- I feel as though I got more grafts both in the short-term and long-term by going FuT.

it’s ok. 

Edited by Turkhair

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @skyler this is a great read, and it's fantastic to hear about your experience with Dr. K. 

Your OP mentioned that you asked about filling in patches in your beard. Do you know if Dr. K does a lot of beard work? I have a scar in my beard that I want to fill in with a transplant and I'm wondering if you were able to see any photos of his beard work from other patients. Do you think he'd be able to do beard transplants just as well as scalp transplants?

On 9/16/2023 at 1:57 PM, blackpink said:

Hey @skyler this is a great read, and it's fantastic to hear about your experience with Dr. K. 

Your OP mentioned that you asked about filling in patches in your beard. Do you know if Dr. K does a lot of beard work? I have a scar in my beard that I want to fill in with a transplant and I'm wondering if you were able to see any photos of his beard work from other patients. Do you think he'd be able to do beard transplants just as well as scalp transplants?

When I inquire next I will ask what you asked me here. It may be a couple months before I reply back; but I love your music @blackpink!!!

• 2 months later...

Dr. K literally changed my life. Wouldn't be where I am today if it were not for him. In my experience, the 4.5 month mark is when you can start going out without a hat w/ confidence. Just gets better and better from there.

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)