Dr. Laorwong, Absolute Hair Clinic Bangkok | 4,178 grafts | 2023-08-04 | NW3+

Feels like your long natural hair hides the actual results… could you please show the hairline and mid scalp ? Move your hair with your hand

Hi all, here are some pics of the hairline and crown as well as a video. Actually I don’t think my crown is too bad, my balding started in the temples and then affected the mid scalp and especially the area in front and to the left of my crown. 

Regarding my nw classification, I definitely feel like I was quite bald before surgery and even more so before I started meds. So I was also surprised that several clinics told me I was nw3. In my opinion, though, the classification is not worth fixating on. Both surgeons and people experiencing hair loss ultimately deal with their specific pattern, not how it maps on to a textbook model. 

I covered everything about price and logistics in my original post. I accepted the prices that were offered and did not negotiate. 

https://streamable.com/wla5uc

IMG_3434.jpeg

IMG_3424.jpeg

IMG_3429.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Thanks for uploading. Your crown was in pretty good shape before the procedure anyway so looks good from the back, hence the lower NW classification I guess.

Hairline has time to mature and densify further.

Edited by Hairwolf

• Moderators

I think it looks good.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...

I’m just about 8 months post op now. The right temple and left rear area near the crown are still slow but I think have been gradually thickening up. I haven’t had a haircut since the last update so my hair is longer than in previous photos. Although I’m still hoping for a bit of improvement overall I’m thrilled by the progress and would be happy if this is my final result. 

IMG_3741.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

IMG_3749.jpeg

IMG_3748.jpeg

IMG_3745.jpeg

• Like 4

Thank you for the nice comments. I'm incredibly happy with how things have gone and feel like I'm looking better than I have in a long time (maybe ever).

I am currently considering whether I want to go back for a smaller second procedure. My donor still feels quite thick compared to the top, and I wonder if a second pass would take me from "not really balding" to "good hair". My priorities would be:

1) Filling in the crown / rear scalp areas that weren't touched or are still sparse

2) Reinforcing the midscalp behind the hairline

3) Potentially lowering the hairline a bit in the corners since I went with a pretty conservative hairline the first time around (see picture below)

Curious if you guys think there'd be a cosmetic benefit or if I'm better off keeping the donor grafts in the bank in case I have further loss (although meds seem to be working well for me). I'd be looking at 1500-2000 grafts max, depending on donor assessment.

DSC00596.jpeg.af332a0ba96f4f73d260039f8d449487.jpeg

@HatMaster

hey man. I think a lot of people would say you should wait but you are in your 30s and I think you wanna embrace a full head of hair in younger years. And being on meds I think you could go for what you wanna do! Did you already talk to Dr. L? What did he tell you and when has he openings?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, here’s my 9 month update. I haven’t had a haircut in a few months.  It’s getting a little shaggy so I’ll definitely have a trim soon, but I like being able to grow my hair out. 

This will probably be my last update since I feel like my results have stabilized. The left rear area is still sparse, as is a spot on the right temple that you can’t really see with my hair longer like it is now. Overall I’m thrilled. Still on dutasteride, oral minoxidil, and ketokonazole. 

I’ve more or less decided to go back for a second procedure to address the crown and rear areas, add some more density in the midscalp, and possibly lower the corners a tiny bit. In addition to Dr. Laorwong, I’m considering Dr. Patty at HairTran in Bangkok. I like their results, and the price and availability are both significantly better. Besides the fact that I already had a good experience with Dr. Laorwong, is there any reason to advise against going to a different doctor for the followup?

IMG_4114.jpeg

IMG_4115.jpeg

IMG_4116.jpeg

IMG_4120.jpeg

If I had a successful outcome,  I would probably stick with the same surgeon if I were you as they  already know your specific case and you are confident in their abilities and comfortable. That said, HairTran is a great value clinic, and has delivered decent results. Guess it comes down to who you believe is the higher calibre surgeon and is it worth to switch now to save some $.