Dr. Laorwong, Absolute Hair Clinic Bangkok | 4,178 grafts | 2023-08-04 | NW3+

On 9/27/2023 at 5:40 AM, Cooper48 said:

I can add a little here. I’m currently on day 5 post surgery from dr Laorwong.  When you leave after surgery they put a bandage around your donor, a headband around the bandage and a black bandana around your head. I didn’t sleep that well so was up early the next day. I walked all over Bangkok, visited temples and markets. I went back at 3pm to get my wash from the clinic. The clinic does 5 days of washing and LLL therapy. 

I repeated that for 4 days. They took the bandage off the next day which helped make my head not look so big.  No one really paid much attention to the bandana while out shopping, eating, etc. I skipped the last day of washing to head to Chiang Mia. I’m planning on being here a few days and then headed to Phuket. Can’t help but ty to get a vacation out of this. They do make you take your head covering off at the airport. I just made sure to move slow and deliberate as it is easy to do something dumb in a security line when. People are waiting on you. Hope this helps. Definitely no need to stay inside unless it makes you feel better. I averaged nearly 20k steps each day after. Ha. 

do they stay open on weekends to do the 5 days of washing afterwards?

21 minutes ago, hairman4321 said:

do they stay open on weekends to do the 5 days of washing afterwards?

Yes, I did it on Saturday and Sunday. They are pretty flexible with times. I did 1pm since it was so hot during that time. 

• Like 1

Hi all, here’s a quick 2 month update. Not much new to report, as expected. No new shedding over the last month, not really any growth either. I can feel / see some dark hairs and many blond wispy hairs in the temple area which was previously bare. Interestingly, I think the oral min has caused some new growth around my temple points as well as on my hands / fingers. Donor is the same as last month, all good there. 

IMG_1611.jpeg

IMG_1610.jpeg

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1616.jpeg

• Like 2

The doctor said it was fine to walk around outside for sightseeing, and other reports from the same clinic say that they spent a lot time visiting temples etc. I had been to Bangkok before and seen most of the tourist sites, so I wasn't too interested in braving the heat and humidity for that regardless of the transplant. I did visit and spend time in some of the big malls, which are pretty cool and have great food courts and movie theaters.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing 

does anyone know if you can apply another bandage over the donor area with some ointment that will help in the healing and prevent itching? This would be applied after the original one is removed by the doctor following the surgery.

a trip to Thailand for me is 21-24 hours so I’d like to be as comfortable as possible and would not mind wearing a bandage at all

4 hours ago, HatMaster said:

The doctor said it was fine to walk around outside for sightseeing, and other reports from the same clinic say that they spent a lot time visiting temples etc. I had been to Bangkok before and seen most of the tourist sites, so I wasn't too interested in braving the heat and humidity for that regardless of the transplant. I did visit and spend time in some of the big malls, which are pretty cool and have great food courts and movie theaters.

thanks for the response, what kind of head gear did you wear when you did this (if any)? 

Recipient is pretty red there. I’m coming up to the 3 month mark now soon and mine was/is pretty red too. I think it has calmed down but will have to buzz it so can check as I think I have a bit of growth starting. 

• Valued Contributor

@HatMaster

Hey thanks for the appreciation brother..sorry for the late reply as i was busy traveling this days...you will soon come out of thia shedding phase and will start seeing some growth at around mid 3rd month...oral minoxidil imo really helps with an early growth..will be following your journey closely...Happy growing and keep updating brother.

• Like 1

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 10/5/2023 at 12:49 AM, HatMaster said:

Read my original post, I covered it there.

Oof. Gotcha. It was a sentence among paragraphs but I see it now. I definitely wish you happy growing, like most of us we'll be following your journey and I am ~95% leaning towards Dr. Laorwong for my procedure. Thanks for the great details and inspiration. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I’m now three months out from the operation. Not much growth to speak of, hoping that next month’s update will be more interesting. The redness has faded quite a bit, so now I feel like my hair looks more or less as good as it did before surgery. Donor area is totally normal. 

I started to experience some from oral minoxidil (occasional elevated heart rate during exercise, felt like my cardio fitness was a bit worse despite exercise, skin aging), so I shifted my dose back to 2.5mg. Everything feels better with the lower dose. Still using 0.5mg Dutasteride each day and 2% ketoconazole twice a week. 

IMG_2095.jpeg

IMG_2096.jpeg

IMG_2097.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

You're doing everything right @HatMaster. You just need to break free from the ugly duck. When you compare month four with now you will see a change for sure!👌

Thanks man! Appreciate the positive energy 🙏

7 minutes ago, Coffee_bean said:

Happen to have any pics around 10-14 days post op? Or do you remember if the grafts were growing with your native hair before they shed? 

Sorry, I don’t have pics. I recall that they were, but my hair was very short at the time, and shedding started by 3 weeks after the procedure, so it was hard to tell. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, the four month update was delayed due to travel. I’m now 4.5mo out from the procedure. My results aren’t too exciting are so far, but growth is definitely underway. Hopefully things will round into shape in the next month or two 🤞. Medication regimen is unchanged, and donor area looks good. 

IMG_2399.jpeg

IMG_2400.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2405.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1