Dr. Laorwong, Absolute Hair Clinic Bangkok | 4,178 grafts | 2023-08-04 | NW3+

8 minutes ago, JP1972 said:

Thanks for the update hatmaster wishing you success in future growth 

can you tell me is the medication regimen required or is it optional for growth?

Maybe people have reported good results (at least initially) without medication. For any individual case, it's impossible to say how the results would have been with a different medication regime. Dutasteride and minoxidil are well established as effective hair loss treatments, and I would be taking them even if I hadn't undergone a transplant. The evidence for the supplements is much weaker, and I'll probably stop taking them after my supply runs out.

• 3 weeks later...

Getting back on the monthly update schedule. I’m now 5 months post op. Growth has picked up steam, and I now feel like my appearance is well above baseline. It felt nice to receive positive comments over the holidays from friends and family that I hadn’t seen since before the operation 😀. Onward!

IMG_2519.jpeg

IMG_2520.jpeg

IMG_2522.jpeg

IMG_2523.jpeg

IMG_2524.jpeg

As Dr. L explained to me, it’s tiered pricing based on the amount of grafts. However, it does seem like he’s raised his prices. I had mine done in Oct and paid 70 per. 

Hope you don't take it the wrong way, but the right side seems concerning at 5 months. Hope I'm wrong but I think Ramons was on the same boat. No surgery is guaranteed a 100% success but Dr. L proved he was a true pro the way he handled Ramons' situation.

Yes, I have seen that post. I’m hoping I’m just a slow grower as the left side only picked up recently. But I will certainly be contacting the doctor if it doesn’t improve in the next month or two. FWIW, I don’t have the scalp tightness he describes, and my pinkness has been fading. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HatMaster said:

Yes, I have seen that post. I’m hoping I’m just a slow grower as the left side only picked up recently. But I will certainly be contacting the doctor if it doesn’t improve in the next month or two. FWIW, I don’t have the scalp tightness he describes, and my pinkness has been fading. 

Certainly no need to panic yet. Reassess in a month or 2. Chin up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, I’m about six months post op now. The transplanted hair is still quite thin everywhere, especially in the right front and rear left areas. However, I’m already very happy with how it looks straight on. I feel like I’m looking better than I have in a long time. If this were the final result I wouldn’t be satisfied, but I still have many months for further growth and thickening 🙏.

One note on the design: the hair on the left side of the airline goes more up and to the side than I expected. My natural hair in that area grew more down over my forehead and to the side, similar to the right side of the transplant. I don’t mind the look because it adds some natural texture to the hairline, but it’s a bit different from what I expected. I didn’t think to mention it or show old pictures to the surgeon during the design phase, so I’m not sure how he would have known. The area was obviously totally bald before the transplant. 

I checked in with the surgeon a few days ago since I feel like the growth is a little behind most reports I’ve read. He didn’t seem concerned and just said to give it more time. 

For fun I included a pic of my hair while skydiving in 2021, before I started any medications. It’s not a fair comparison (shorter hair, bad angle, extremely harsh lighting), but it made me appreciate the progress so far 😀.

IMG_3139.jpeg

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3143.jpeg

IMG_3142.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

Attachment-1.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

It is coming in slowly and steadily..actually the growth rate depends on lots of factors and it will vary from person to person..some are early growers and some are regular ones while there are some who are very slow growers...that's the nature of a surgery but after 12-14 months everything will fall in place and you will be happy ..

Keep the following thing in mind.

When undergoing a hair transplant, it's important to be aware of the different stages involved. Initially, there's a phase where most of the transplanted hairs will naturally shed, typically occurring within the first 3 months after the procedure. Following this shedding phase, the growth phase begins, during which you'll gradually notice new hairs sprouting.

Throughout the growth phase, it's important to understand that there will be fluctuations in the rate of hair growth. It's possible that one side of your head may exhibit more rapid growth while the other lags behind. At certain points, you might even observe that the hair has grown, but the density remains lower than desired.There will be certain months where you will get more growth and you will not see any noticeable growth the following month.There will be some spots where there will be no growth which may create a patchy appearance.

However, it's crucial to maintain patience and trust the process. After approximately 12 months, everything should come together harmoniously, resulting in a well-blended and natural-looking head of hair so this is a long journey my friend and patience is the key.

I hope this helps you to calm your nerves now and then...Best of luck..Happy growing and keep updating brother...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hopefully it keeps thickening up some more, but it sure looks a lot better than it did before the HT.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Hi all, I’m just about 7 months post op. Still hoping for further thickening but I’m already so happy with the results. I like the way I look and have received many compliments from friends and family. 

IMG_3396.jpeg

IMG_3397.jpeg

IMG_3403.jpeg

IMG_3405.jpeg

IMG_3406.jpeg

• Like 3

• Administrators

Looking awesome man 🙌

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.