Dr Juan Couto. 4000 Grafts for my HUGE ALOPECIA at FUExpert Clinic 03/2023.

First of all, I want to thank the forum and all of you for the information I have received following you here for a long time, which has helped me decide to have a hair transplant.
Oh, and sorry for my english, I am using Google to do copy/paste translations.

HISTORY
I am 46 years old, and although for a long time I did not give much importance to losing my hair, there came a time when I felt self-conscious, and I looked older than some of my friends who are older than me. My wife is exquisite and she keeps herself very well. She is also a little younger than me, and so for some things and others, she had in her head that it was time to have a hair transplant. When I was very young, I had excellent hair but for years I have been losing it little by little until I was quite bald without hardly realizing it. I have a logistics company that doesn't leave me much time for anything, I never had a second to sit down and even think about taking medication.

Thus, one day I finally began to investigate possible solutions. Initially, I was a bit lost and almost decided to go to Turkey with a friend to do a transplant. Still, after researching on Google, Forums and YouTube, it was very clear that I wanted to have an appointment with Dr Couto that everyone was talking about. wonders. So I decided to arrange a consultation with him, which is true, it took a while to arrive. For me, the waiting time was not inconvenient and luckily, I could afford his rate.

CONSULTATION
In my first consultation, I arrived very nervous because I doubted the doctor would accept my case since I have significant alopecia and a rather large head. After many questions related to my alopecia and my relatives, he examined the donor area under a microscope, drew my frontal line, measured my recipient area and gave me a detailed description of the procedure and what to expect. He accepted my case and gave me hope of recovering my hair with 2 operations separated by a year. The first would be the largest, 4,000 grafts, to cover the frontal and middle area, and then a smaller one for the crown of the head, which he preferred not to talk about the number of grafts until he saw how much he could cover with the first operation. And nothing, it all started by medicating me with finasteride the whole year before the intervention.

With Dr Couto you feel very comfortable from the first moment, he has a closeness that makes you relax immediately. Everything he had read from other forum members is as it is. And although many other patients have already said it, I want to highlight the great passion that Dr. Couto has for his work. He is not only concerned about the success of the transplant, which is his achievement, but patient satisfaction is a priority for him. In my case, he took more than an hour and a half to answer all my questions and doubts, and he did it with unparalleled detail and patience. Tremendous, this conquered me because you know you are with someone special and dedicated.

SURGERY DAYS
A month before surgery, I was scheduled for a PRP session and a scalp check, since I suffer from dermatitis, and the doctor preferred not to have surprises on the day of the transplant due to the issue of bleeding. That day they reinforced the treatment with some pills that I took for a week.

The hair transplantation of 4000 grafts was carried out on three consecutive days. Dr. Couto's team is exceptional.

First day
The first day, I arrived at the clinic and was received by Dr. Couto's team, they give you a talk to relax, they take your blood pressure, they give you a sedative pill and you sign the consent. Then they took me to the room where we did the final design, photos and Dr Couto cut my hair himself while he explained details of what the day would be like and the process step by step. The first day of the surgery was done in a very relaxed environment, I even fell asleep with the sedative and music for quite some time. I have to confess that the night before I had hardly slept because of my nerves. Another thing is that I hardly felt any discomfort during the surgery. Perhaps the most annoying thing are the small punctures from the initial anesthesia but it lasts a few moments, then I didn't feel anything else.

Second day
The second day, I returned to the clinic for the second part of the transplant much more relaxed, but I had slept badly, pending the transplant, but without pain. Once again, the team welcomed me as one of the clinic and made me feel very comfortable, it shows that they are a family. The second day went by much faster than the first day.

Third day
The third day was the last day of the transplant, it was time to do the front line, there was a smaller area left but where doctor Couto spent almost the same time. I imagine for involving more design and I hope I put all his talent and my first line is another of his works of art that I am in love with.

Just when doctor Couto finished implanting, I had a downturn and it was that I had already had 3 nights with little sleep. I was completely exhausted.

At the end they carefully explained to my wife and me the whole issue of care during the recovery process accompanied by a bag with everything I needed for that care.

The following 2 days they called me to review the transplant and do the first wash in the clinic, and during these first two months they have been very attentive, a great detail.

Truly, the attention was exquisite and I cannot thank enough Dr. Juan Couto and the entire team for all their work, thank you very much.

I had doubts about whether to share my case because I don't have much time and I wouldn't like anyone to recognize me either, barely 3 or 4 people know about it. But right now in the middle of the desert I just made up my mind and I want to share the rest of the evolution of my transplant. Also, I think that my case could be interesting due to the enormous size of my alopecia, I have a big head, so when I can I will upload photos and I will be waiting for your opinions and comments in case I can help someone.

Me in the year 2019
image.png.876fee87b8f6bcea2dc1cf22ba4c879e.png

Here one month before the hair transplant
image.png.38c5a9c8ac4a58f27b12e9fce3167381.png

1 hour ago, RobertoDeNiro said:

First of all, I want to thank the forum and all of you for the information I have received following you here for a long time, which has helped me decide to have a hair transplant.
Oh, and sorry for my english, I am using Google to do copy/paste translations.

HISTORY
I am 46 years old, and although for a long time I did not give much importance to losing my hair, there came a time when I felt self-conscious, and I looked older than some of my friends who are older than me. My wife is exquisite and she keeps herself very well. She is also a little younger than me, and so for some things and others, she had in her head that it was time to have a hair transplant. When I was very young, I had excellent hair but for years I have been losing it little by little until I was quite bald without hardly realizing it. I have a logistics company that doesn't leave me much time for anything, I never had a second to sit down and even think about taking medication.

Thus, one day I finally began to investigate possible solutions. Initially, I was a bit lost and almost decided to go to Turkey with a friend to do a transplant. Still, after researching on Google, Forums and YouTube, it was very clear that I wanted to have an appointment with Dr Couto that everyone was talking about. wonders. So I decided to arrange a consultation with him, which is true, it took a while to arrive. For me, the waiting time was not inconvenient and luckily, I could afford his rate.

CONSULTATION
In my first consultation, I arrived very nervous because I doubted the doctor would accept my case since I have significant alopecia and a rather large head. After many questions related to my alopecia and my relatives, he examined the donor area under a microscope, drew my frontal line, measured my recipient area and gave me a detailed description of the procedure and what to expect. He accepted my case and gave me hope of recovering my hair with 2 operations separated by a year. The first would be the largest, 4,000 grafts, to cover the frontal and middle area, and then a smaller one for the crown of the head, which he preferred not to talk about the number of grafts until he saw how much he could cover with the first operation. And nothing, it all started by medicating me with finasteride the whole year before the intervention.

With Dr Couto you feel very comfortable from the first moment, he has a closeness that makes you relax immediately. Everything he had read from other forum members is as it is. And although many other patients have already said it, I want to highlight the great passion that Dr. Couto has for his work. He is not only concerned about the success of the transplant, which is his achievement, but patient satisfaction is a priority for him. In my case, he took more than an hour and a half to answer all my questions and doubts, and he did it with unparalleled detail and patience. Tremendous, this conquered me because you know you are with someone special and dedicated.

SURGERY DAYS
A month before surgery, I was scheduled for a PRP session and a scalp check, since I suffer from dermatitis, and the doctor preferred not to have surprises on the day of the transplant due to the issue of bleeding. That day they reinforced the treatment with some pills that I took for a week.

The hair transplantation of 4000 grafts was carried out on three consecutive days. Dr. Couto's team is exceptional.

First day
The first day, I arrived at the clinic and was received by Dr. Couto's team, they give you a talk to relax, they take your blood pressure, they give you a sedative pill and you sign the consent. Then they took me to the room where we did the final design, photos and Dr Couto cut my hair himself while he explained details of what the day would be like and the process step by step. The first day of the surgery was done in a very relaxed environment, I even fell asleep with the sedative and music for quite some time. I have to confess that the night before I had hardly slept because of my nerves. Another thing is that I hardly felt any discomfort during the surgery. Perhaps the most annoying thing are the small punctures from the initial anesthesia but it lasts a few moments, then I didn't feel anything else.

Second day
The second day, I returned to the clinic for the second part of the transplant much more relaxed, but I had slept badly, pending the transplant, but without pain. Once again, the team welcomed me as one of the clinic and made me feel very comfortable, it shows that they are a family. The second day went by much faster than the first day.

Third day
The third day was the last day of the transplant, it was time to do the front line, there was a smaller area left but where doctor Couto spent almost the same time. I imagine for involving more design and I hope I put all his talent and my first line is another of his works of art that I am in love with.

Just when doctor Couto finished implanting, I had a downturn and it was that I had already had 3 nights with little sleep. I was completely exhausted.

At the end they carefully explained to my wife and me the whole issue of care during the recovery process accompanied by a bag with everything I needed for that care.

The following 2 days they called me to review the transplant and do the first wash in the clinic, and during these first two months they have been very attentive, a great detail.

Truly, the attention was exquisite and I cannot thank enough Dr. Juan Couto and the entire team for all their work, thank you very much.

I had doubts about whether to share my case because I don't have much time and I wouldn't like anyone to recognize me either, barely 3 or 4 people know about it. But right now in the middle of the desert I just made up my mind and I want to share the rest of the evolution of my transplant. Also, I think that my case could be interesting due to the enormous size of my alopecia, I have a big head, so when I can I will upload photos and I will be waiting for your opinions and comments in case I can help someone.

Me in the year 2019
image.png.876fee87b8f6bcea2dc1cf22ba4c879e.png

Here one month before the hair transplant
image.png.38c5a9c8ac4a58f27b12e9fce3167381.png

but....are there any pictures to show the actual surgery?

• Like 3

nervous because I doubted the doctor would accept my case since I have significant alopecia and a rather large head

why would you even think that way? You have an excellent donor area and a great hair type. If you are not a candidate for HT then who is!

Best of luck happy growing.

PS: any sides from Finasteride? standard question I'm sorry :D

Edited by JJOE
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, JJOE said:

why would you even think that way? You have an excellent donor area and a great hair type. If you are not a candidate for HT then who is!

Best of luck happy growing.

PS: any sides from Finasteride? standard question I'm sorry :D

Thanks a lot for your message. 
No side effects from Finasterida.

Some photos of the process.

image.jpeg.5f43b472b3072c20e06ff77491c6f03f.jpeg

image.jpeg.762fcf7c64a680a5525d5b22461cbb4f.jpeg

image.jpeg.943537c0f901043301ecc6236f65e1b9.jpeg

image.jpeg.85d99f5a5d0d2970cf9295904abf4522.jpeg

image.jpeg.2dccae998b9c8f2edfe5016953017f64.jpeg

I think I already mentioned it but for me the worst part of the intervention was how little I slept. I suppose that between the nerves, the emotion, the concern for not spoiling the grafts at night. Certainly exhausting.

image.jpeg.9ea3941c8d44f3b4f46627e1452d1961.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

The work looks exceptional. I’ve been talking to Dr. Couto about getting on the podcast, very excited for your growth, you chose an excellent surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

His work is as clean as Koniors. For me Couto and Konior are best 2 ht surgeons in the world.

This will no doubt be an incredible result, you have great hair characteristics + have chosen an excellent surgeon. 

Edited by mrmane85
  • Like 1

Wow, 4000 grafts just for frontal coverage. If I was you, I would’ve asked for a straighter hairline to look more young. 

I guess because you’ve such a great donor, the doctor decided to give you a lot of density. 

6 minutes ago, Turkhair said:

Wow, 4000 grafts just for frontal coverage. If I was you, I would’ve asked for a straighter hairline to look more young. 

I guess because you’ve such a great donor, the doctor decided to give you a lot of density. 

Thanks for your comment. 
I think you missed some photos, my HT is not just frontal coverage but the coverage of almost my whole head (and believe me it is a BIG head)... crown will hopefully be done on a 2nd HT

So the coverage is three areas: hairline, the frontal region and all the mid scalp area too. I chose Dr Couto because he does wonders with fewer grafts compared with other clinics.

Actually, I had a few other consultations and the difference was huge. In Turkey for example, they suggested 5500 grafts in one clinic and 5850 in another one. And for my friend, a NW II-III, they suggested 3500 and 3700. 

image.png.a353eb3639ff34fcabe991e2b488790a.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobertoDeNiro said:

Thanks for your comment. 
I think you missed some photos, my HT is not just frontal coverage but the coverage of almost my whole head (and believe me it is a BIG head)... crown will hopefully be done on a 2nd HT

So the coverage is three areas: hairline, the frontal region and all the mid scalp area too. I chose Dr Couto because he does wonders with fewer grafts compared with other clinics.

Actually, I had a few other consultations and the difference was huge. In Turkey for example, they suggested 5500 grafts in one clinic and 5850 in another one. And for my friend, a NW II-III, they suggested 3500 and 3700. 

image.png.a353eb3639ff34fcabe991e2b488790a.png

Oh, by frontal I meant front as in front of the head(including midscalp) vs crown (back of the head). 

If you’re happy that’s all that matters. I wanted my surgeon to lower my hairline but didn’t have the donor area to support that. 

Edited by Turkhair