Best surgeon for straight hairline ?

Hi

I did a hairline FUE soon 3 years ago (1850 grafts) which I am very happy with. Now I am considering adding another 500 to 1000 to make the hairline even straighter ? Which surgeon would you recommend for this? Attaching photos of my current state cut to 10mm (on top) and 8mm (donor). Thanks in advance for your advice 

3F0EA5B0-FDDD-415A-90D0-F70CB66FB025.jpeg

BD92E906-EBCE-4499-A809-4DD563955108.jpeg

198368C4-4228-49C5-8E99-67562D214C5A.jpeg

2F905BF7-201F-4A8B-8227-339C0E46E9D6.jpeg

77932AFD-AD08-4BBF-B035-E31F3691EEFD.jpeg

How long after your 1st HT was the last picture taken?

I know this isn't exactly answering your question, but your donor doesn't look great and to be frank it looks below good even. So I'd stick with the hairline you have as it looks really well done. Save the grafts for later as you might need them. 

Edited by GoliGoliGoli

5 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

So I know this isn't answering your question, but your donor doesn't look great (In fact it looks pretty sub-optimal) so I'd stick with the hairline you have as it looks really well done. Save the grafts for later. 

Thanks - I like honest feedback - here is a picture from another angle - I guess it doesn’t change your view ?

CE0B4893-9782-4234-83D2-C455EC0102C0.jpeg

I think your donor is okay, just short, straight and fine. 

There are plenty of good docs. I don't know your budget or location so I'm unsure how to narrow it down for you, but my first question is why not stick with the original surgeon? They've done a fine job. Do you have before and after photos of your first case? Who was the doctor? 

8 hours ago, Dillpickle123 said:

Go to the doc you went before the hairline looks very good density wise and natural who did you with first?

My first surgery was with Dr Heitmann - I have posted about it here

8 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I think your donor is okay, just short, straight and fine. 

There are plenty of good docs. I don't know your budget or location so I'm unsure how to narrow it down for you, but my first question is why not stick with the original surgeon? They've done a fine job. Do you have before and after photos of your first case? Who was the doctor? 

I live in Switzerland, budget is not a problem, want the best one, considering going to the same one again, just long waiting times, so wondering if anyone else nearby would do a job of the same quality

The first FUE was with Dr Heitmann

• Valued Contributor
13 hours ago, rcfue said:

Hi

I did a hairline FUE soon 3 years ago (1850 grafts) which I am very happy with. Now I am considering adding another 500 to 1000 to make the hairline even straighter ? Which surgeon would you recommend for this? Attaching photos of my current state cut to 10mm (on top) and 8mm (donor). Thanks in advance for your advice 

I think it would be a big mistake to straighten out your hairline after seeing your hairline. I think your hairline is perfectly fine and looks like nothing has been done. That's the results you want! 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rcfue said:

I live in Switzerland, budget is not a problem, want the best one, considering going to the same one again, just long waiting times, so wondering if anyone else nearby would do a job of the same quality

The first FUE was with Dr Heitmann

What is it you like a bout a straight hairline? I think it looks great as it is. What is it you don’t like about it? 

29 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Is this what you're after? 

20230322_115419.jpg

that would look fake and would easily be detectable. it looks great the way it is now and very natural. also since you have thin hair your donor area will gets spotty, big mistake!

3 minutes ago, rcfue said:

Yes exactly - something like that 

I can see why the comment was made about your donor.

It may be hair characteristics and hair cut, but to me it looks like your hair is thinner at the top and bottom with a thick band in the middle.

Very worse case that could be retrograde alopecia and your crown showing first signs of dropping. I don't mean to scaremonger, but I do think you should have it inspected by an expert to make sure your plans are future proof.

From my perspective your hairline looks great, with fantastic density.

If you got on well with Dr Heitmann, I'd to back to him. He knows you and you already have a relationship with him. The work he did on you is excellent.

If you want someone farther afield, plenty of good docs in Belgium such as Bisanga Lupanzula Feriduni and Mwamba. In America there is Dr Konior, Shapiro. Dr Bloxham if you wanted strip.

I must disagree with the poster above, the straighter hairline would not look artificial. Tom Cruise never looked fake with a straight hairline, nor Ronald Reagan or Diesel the wrestler. It could look great, especially with your hair type.

The suggestions I drew would likely take less than 500 grafts. 

But beware future hairloss. You don't want to run out of donor and have a big bald spot and more recession in ten years. 

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, rcfue said:

Hi

it’s your hair & you’ll do what you want but I think your hairline is fine just the way it is man, might not look natural if you straighten it too much 

• Like 1

Hey man, I have to admit I thought your hairline looked really good already. Boxing it in will look nice though when you're a pensioner will that look good then? These are always things that I think people don't think about. Not to say being older and have a super straight hairline won't look cool, just that your hairline already looks great in my opinion! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Otis james said:

What is it you like a bout a straight hairline? I think it looks great as it is. What is it you don’t like about it? 

I always like the youthfulness of a straight hairline - for example like Brad Pitt’s - think his is straighter than mine