Best surgeon for straight hairline ?

4 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

The one thing that gives me pause is this slight demarcation here. It could be nothing, but it could also be the first hint of Norwood 7.

You're on meds which is good but just make sure you monitor the situation. 

20230322_191929.jpg

My grandfather on my mothers side was NW7 at age 30. My father is maybe NW4 at age 73. I am in my fourties’ now. I think my hair loss have stopped with finasterid, but not 100% sure of course 

9 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Even if you went for the surgery it would be a small op and shouldn't be a big threat to your long term donor integrity. I'd go for it. 

Also have a feeling spending 500-800 grafts will not make a big difference long term, if I go NW7 I would have problems already now :) luckily I have  plenty of chest hair that could be used in the worst case scenario 

I guess it comes down to if I really want to do it, but I have been thinking about it for over two years so I guess I want it 

13 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Have you considered adding a few hundred grafts to the temple points as well? I don't think you're looking at 800 grafts for the area proposed. More like 300. But it could make a big difference. 

Good idea, will discuss with the doctor 

• Like 1

What’s your age? Since you’re on finasteride and it would probably be a very small procedure, I don’t see a big risk if you go to a great doctor. Go back to Heitmann, all of the best doctors have long wait lists. How do you get in touch with Dr. Heitmann? I’ve tried emailing the address on his website and also his patient advisor but never heard back.

Edited by Tiger2050

2 hours ago, Tiger2050 said:

What’s your age? Since you’re on finasteride and it would probably be a very small procedure, I don’t see a big risk if you go to a great doctor. Go back to Heitmann, all of the best doctors have long wait lists. How do you get in touch with Dr. Heitmann? I’ve tried emailing the address on his website and also his patient advisor but never heard back.

I am 45

For Heitmann I just email his patient advisor at hairforlife, usually get a response within a couple of days, but yes , waiting time for Heitmann is long, waited 1.5 years for my first one 

your results are as good as it can get for a hair transplantation. you can only make this worse by going to anyone else. i would just get on the wait list with heitmann. can you PM me his contact information if you have it?

• 2 months later...

When majority of the members are saying that you don't need another HT then better listen. 

Why wasting precious grafts when you have achieved good results. 

What if down the line you Start loosing your crown? Imagine yourself with perfect straight hairline and complete bald on top? 

Better save your precious grafts and stop focusing on achieving straight Hairline which will obviously look quite un natural given that you are above Forty now 

you are suffering from some body dysmorphia to be obsessed with something so minor but at the same time, if anyone can afford to be aggressive , it is someone like you. Go for it. get on the waiting list. 

• Valued Contributor

Honestly your hair looks excellent. By that I mean that it also looks natural. Most people would kill to have your hair and your hairline! If it ain't broke then it doesn't need fixing. A straight hairline will stand out as unnatural. All the best!