Thoughts on Fluridil

FUEtile

• 5 weeks later...

ive tried pantosin. it shut me off sexually after 3 applications, that lasted about 2 weeks.

i think its an option for those who don't have sides from hair loss drugs, maybe not for those who had sides. 

it was def affecting my hormone levels, so I def don't think  id consider it  "Weak" 

didn't try eucapil based off my pantosin experience

38 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

Did you test your hormone levels? I can’t see how 3 applications would make a difference 

just telling you about my experience. you can take it or leave it. 

21 minutes ago, FUEtile said:

What’s your experience? Would you say it’s as strong as topical fin? 

No significantly weaker than fin.

Coulsnt stableise with it as a monotherapy but used it as part of 

a stack with others

• Like 1

Just now, BurnieBurns said:

No significantly weaker than fin.

Coulsnt stableise with it as a monotherapy but used it as part of 

a stack with others

You think combining fluridil with topical fin would be best? What about RU? 

I've tried fluridil, been through many boxes. I would agree I think it's not overly strong and likely to ne ineffective for many as a monotherapy at 2ml/day. I'm currently using it again with alfatradiol until something better comes along through official channels as I can't tolerate fin sadly.

• 5 months later...
On 4/17/2023 at 8:53 PM, Follicle1984 said:

I've tried fluridil, been through many boxes. I would agree I think it's not overly strong and likely to ne ineffective for many as a monotherapy at 2ml/day. I'm currently using it again with alfatradiol until something better comes along through official channels as I can't tolerate fin sadly.

How has Fluridil been going for you these last few months? I'm lucky in that I can tolerate fin but am noticing that I am still (slowly) losing ground after 3 years on it. I'm planning on starting fluridil soon as well as topical dutasteride to mop up the remaining androgens on the scalp that oral fin does not target

On 9/21/2023 at 1:13 AM, ssimpson7511 said:

Is there any scientific research that states Fin loses its effectiveness?  I hear people saying they are losing ground on fin after a certain amount of time but I have never seen any data that shows this is the case.

I'm not saying that finasteride necessarily loses its effectiveness, what I am saying is that finasteride is simply not 100% effective at targeting all DHT that reaches the scalp. As the graph below makes clear, finasteride only targets roughly 30% of scalp DHT.

FinDuteffectiveness.thumb.png.0adf226a3a974d1e18be52ce62f61224.png

For some people, their scalp sensitivity to DHT is such that the 30% reduction in scalp DHT caused by finasteride will be enough to do the job, and they will either regain slightly or maintain so long as they stay on finasteride. For others such as myself, finasteride will still work, and in my case has certainly slowed the rate of loss, but my scalp sensitivity to DHT is such that the 70% of scalp DHT not targeted by finasteride is still causing me to lose ground. Hence looking to other treatments to supplement finasteride.

Edited by Steady45

• Administrators

Fluridil has been around, not very effective. I think pyrilutamide is a better option.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

12 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Fluridil has been around, not very effective. I think pyrilutamide is a better option.

That was my stance until pyrilutamide gave me really nasty cardiac sides (albeit grey market pyrilutamide from hairlisciously). As I stated above, obtaining stronger fluridil in the 6%-8% range sounds far more attractive to me as there is at least a clear explanation as to how fluridil does not go systemic, unlike pyrilutamide, RU, etc. etc. It may not perform great as monotherapy, but if it's function is to mop up the remaining androgens on the scalp that oral fin/dut do not target, whilst giving confidence that it will not go systemic, then it seems pretty useful to me

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Steady45 said:

That was my stance until pyrilutamide gave me really nasty cardiac sides (albeit grey market pyrilutamide from hairlisciously). As I stated above, obtaining stronger fluridil in the 6%-8% range sounds far more attractive to me as there is at least a clear explanation as to how fluridil does not go systemic, unlike pyrilutamide, RU, etc. etc. It may not perform great as monotherapy, but if it's function is to mop up the remaining androgens on the scalp that oral fin/dut do not target, whilst giving confidence that it will not go systemic, then it seems pretty useful to me

You bought it from the YouTuber? Lord knows where he’s sourcing it, definitely can’t trust that source. I would much rather get it from a trusted source.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.