4000 Grafts with Dr Ozlem Bicer Feb 2023

Augustine72

8 month update - very little difference from last month. The crown will continue to be thin as we just didn't have the grafts to get that density done. I did want to buzz the donor area to see how it looked, so for this months update I broke out the number 2 guard on the clippers. Happy with how the donor area looks but I will grow it back out for next months update. 

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

• Like 3

• Administrators

Damn that side profile looks incredible 

18D36279-257F-4232-98CC-16DE39CE348B.jpeg

Dr. Bicer did an amazing job. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

Your donor area still looks very good.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I mean it's a great result overall. Any plans to go and top up your crown in a future session? Personally don't think it's urgent or needed. I think aesthetically the most impressive area is how dense the back of your temples look, really nice hairline. Enjoy the new hair, super happy for you.

On 11/3/2023 at 12:27 AM, Augustine72 said:

8 month update - very little difference from last month. The crown will continue to be thin as we just didn't have the grafts to get that density done. I did want to buzz the donor area to see how it looked, so for this months update I broke out the number 2 guard on the clippers. Happy with how the donor area looks but I will grow it back out for next months update. 

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4043.JPG

IMG_4042.JPG

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4040.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

Looking great at month 8

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2023 at 9:32 PM, Mr.Clean241 said:

@Augustine72 great result!!
I also have an appointment coming up. Its my first time getting a transplant. I was curious, how did you manage the payment? Did they require cash or what option did you choose? Seems like a lot of cash to bring.

I did cash as they were trying to charge something like 10% credit card fee. Yes it was nerve wracking to carry $10k in cash across the world. I bought one of those hidden pouches that go under your shirt around your waist. Worked out great

On 11/8/2023 at 7:17 PM, DomTransplant said:

I mean it's a great result overall. Any plans to go and top up your crown in a future session? Personally don't think it's urgent or needed. I think aesthetically the most impressive area is how dense the back of your temples look, really nice hairline. Enjoy the new hair, super happy for you.

I appreciate the kind words, overall I am very pleased. As I mentioned in the post I knew the crown wasn't going to be dense. They said I would need two procedures to get the crown density and to honest I'm not going to go through that again. It was definitely worth it for me on the first procedure but probably not a second. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2023 at 6:55 PM, jakos said:

dramatic difference - happy for you :)

i think hair makes you look younger, but the fully shaved version also looks quite good :D 

I was shocked that I didn't feel I looked that bad shaved, but I don't think I would ever shave it down to that again :) 

On 11/6/2023 at 2:32 AM, Mr.Clean241 said:

@Augustine72 great result!!
I also have an appointment coming up. Its my first time getting a transplant. I was curious, how did you manage the payment? Did they require cash or what option did you choose? Seems like a lot of cash to bring.

I also head over soon and felt the same as you about the cash but think most of the other guys paid that way so I’m just Gona do the same

Edited by Bundles123

• Administrators
On 11/18/2023 at 4:31 AM, Augustine72 said:

I did cash as they were trying to charge something like 10% credit card fee. Yes it was nerve wracking to carry $10k in cash across the world. I bought one of those hidden pouches that go under your shirt around your waist. Worked out great

23 hours ago, LIL MACHINE said:

How much was the procedure?

Looks like he said the price here. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 Month update and settling in to super happy status. A lot of my coworkers and clients comment on my hair quite a bit and most of them didn't know I had the procedure.  I stayed remote for 5 months until it started coming in so people have definitely noticed now that it is growing in pretty full.

It's been a crazy journey but one that if you get the right surgeon, have realistic expectations on what can and can't be done it will be the best decision ever. 

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4213.JPG

IMG_4212.JPG

IMG_4214.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

• Like 3

Great stuff to see man! It does look as if those temples have thickened up a bit too over the past couple of months, very noticeable to me! Crazy really to think where you came from to 9 months later, and you'll still see some thickening up in areas. I think the feedback from coworkers/friends etc is so important, hard to notice the progress, pictures help but nothing quite like a compliment from someone else in your life. Happy growing and keep us updated!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey again, I'm the guy in the Jacksonville area. I don't know if you still check up on this thread.

It turns out I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3 and after considering all my options, I decided to go with Dr. Luis Nader in Reynosa, Mexico. He is a little over my budget and he doesn't have anything until next year but I feel the most comfortable with him and he's easy to get to. He said I would need anywhere from 2000 to 2500 grafts. Bicer is also really expensive but combined with flight costs, super long flights that are hard to find, transfers and accomodations costing extra it wasn't worth it.