Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

Wowzers, looked into Dr. Sethi, that goes up to like $6 per graft, so with tax/vat etc total cost for him is $34,000.  Dr. Bansal about $11k less.

I think they are both great, just wondering if at that price makes sense to stay in US and got to Dr. Hasson who would be about the same cost as Dr. Sethi (he also recommended 3,400 vs 4,800 but even at 4,800 his cost would not be more than Dr. Sethi).

8 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Nice. I find it reminiscent of your this 

Also, just for fun I did my own mockup. Though it can sometimes look a little off if the sides are brought in too far without bringing the front down. 

20230316_202957.jpg

Cool thanks, mocked that up too :)

image.png.b7434e57fc02cde780e02fa9ad1db7e0.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Do you have any photos in your teens - twenties? 

twenties, the last one however is only 4 years ago so looks like either MPB or insane stress has taken its toll. Hoping bodes well for the oral minox and possible xyon additions.

20230224_151858.jpg

Me_Old_Hairline.jpg

20230316_165036.jpg

2018.jpg

1 minute ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Slightly more aggressive version. I don't think the temple points could get any more enclosed than this, without it looking weird. I left the front line fairly high. 

20230316_214328.jpg

I love it BUT that is my hairline at 30 or so. It is way higher now and temples receded. That looks great but is prob way to low from current hairline. The one I did side by side seems more realistic as it starts right where I currently end. Interested to see what Dr. Freitas says. I am liking his work and reviews AND price.

So far I think Dr. Hasson off the radar, a couple not so good results/experiences and at his rate seems not worth the risk.

I'll report back on what Dr. Freitas says about my pics, mock-up and donor video.

@Rafael Manelli @Melvin- Moderator
Man, any thoughts on Dr. Juan Couto? His results are out. of. this. world. Best I've ever seen even taking into account the bests from Feriduni, Hasson, Asmed, Lorenzo, Freitas, etc.

Not much on him on this board I can find other than a discussion on why he is not a listed Dr.

His site says 'coming soon' is there some way to get a consultation with him?

5 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli @Melvin- Moderator
Man, any thoughts on Dr. Juan Couto? His results are out. of. this. world. Best I've ever seen even taking into account the bests from Feriduni, Hasson, Asmed, Lorenzo, Freitas, etc.

Not much on him on this board I can find other than a discussion on why he is not a listed Dr.

His site says 'coming soon' is there some way to get a consultation with him?

3 years wait list for surgery, 2 years for in person consult. It has been like this for years. Also stopped accepting consults for several months to keep up with demand (and did this more than once, look at his Instagram comments where he replies to people that ask him for prices). No idea if he accepts consults currently, ask him on Instagram, despite the demand, his clinic stuff is responsive to dms.

Prices are 4,5€ per graft, VAT included for non repair patients, and 5€ per graft, VAT included for repair patients IIRC.

Has been without a website for years, the demand from the Youtube videos alone is so big that he doesn't need forums or even a website.

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

Just now, NegativeNorwood said:

3 years wait list for surgery, 2 years for in person consult. It has been like this for years. Also stopped accepting consults for several months to keep up with demand (and did this more than once, look at his Instagram comments where he replies to people that ask him for prices). No idea if he accepts consults currently, ask him on Instagram, despite the demand, his clinic stuff is responsive to dms.

Prices are 4,5€ per graft, VAT included for non repair patients, and 5€ per graft, VAT included for repair patients IIRC.

Has been without a website for years, the demand from the Youtube videos alone is so big that he doesn't need forums or even a website.

That is impressive. No way I'm waiting for 2 years for a consult, 3 years for HT, 4 years for results.

If I had the bucks to spare I'd see about 'special pricing' to jump the list but I don't so... looks like short list is still Eugenix/Bansal, Bisanga, Freitas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Couto has great YouTube videos. Great presentation. I think he tends to showcase patients with a high hair:graft ratio, which partially explains why they look so good.

Dr Freitas is similar in his YouTube presence, I believe. 

Amazing videos and hairlines. I think like Dr. Lorenzo and other Drs in spain he ends up working with a population with great hair quality too. Just not waiting until mid 2025 for an HT.

Yes, I think you are right that Spanish people tend to have thicker donor. But they (Couto et al) do showcase patients with hair they describe as finer as well, also with great results. Hence I attribute Couto's superior results a little more to the groupings than the caliber and texture. 

Wait and see what your consultation shows, regardless. 

This video I just posted of the Italian Freitas patient for example, had 3.63 hairs per graft on average. That is terrifically high, well above the average which is about 2.1 hairs per graft.

I've come to believe we're better able to judge a transplant if we know the number of hairs rather than the number of grafts, but graft count is just the industry standard these days and there is  a lot of inertia behind it. 

2 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

This video I just posted of the Italian Freitas patient for example, had 3.63 hairs per graft on average. That is terrifically high, well above the average which is about 2.1 hairs per graft.

I've come to believe we're better able to judge a transplant if we know the number of hairs rather than the number of grafts, but graft count is just the industry standard these days and there is  a lot of inertia behind it. 

When the docs (like upcoming Feller apt) do donor analysis, can they tell then (prior to extraction) what the per graft average is?

I might push my appt out 2-3 months. Just started oral minox, likely adding Xyon (topical dutasteride) and then Nutrafol.

There is one possible way it could go wrong however which is if you have miniaturisation in the hair, dutasteride and minoxidil might reverse some of that, masking the true extent of it. So it might be better to go to the consultation sooner rather than later. If you go later and they tell you your hair is stable, you may not know how much of that is due to the meds.