Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

4 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What you need is an in person consultation. You need to narrow down the variables and speculation, and get a firm grip on exactly how much balding you have, how many grafts would be needed for X hairline or Y hairline, and most importantly how thick your donor is and how many grafts you have available and the caliber of those hairs in microns. 

Yes that is exactly what I want to get from the consult, so whomever I decide to go with I have that data to share with them.

I am contacting Dr. F to see what he thinks about increasing the 2800-3400 to 4,000/4,200 but of course that depends on donor. Eugenixs said they'd get part of it from beard, that just does not appeal to me, but  maybe for crown makes sense. Maybe I'll ask Dr. F about beard? 

Right now given flight/cost I am leaning towards a consult with Dr. Hasson, so far no reply from Dr. Feller who is in my city.

4 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

And if you're looking at Feriduni you might also want to look at Lupanzula, Bisanga or Mwamba who are in the same area. 

I did in fact do an online with Dr. Bisanga, so far no reply.

Of course one advantage with Dr. F is being able to spend a few days in Belguim...

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Yes that is exactly what I want to get from the consult, so whomever I decide to go with I have that data to share with them.

I am contacting Dr. F to see what he thinks about increasing the 2800-3400 to 4,000/4,200 but of course that depends on donor. Eugenixs said they'd get part of it from beard, that just does not appeal to me, but  maybe for crown makes sense. Maybe I'll ask Dr. F about beard? 

Right now given flight/cost I am leaning towards a consult with Dr. Hasson, so far no reply from Dr. Feller who is in my city.

I don’t think Feller does surgery anymore, if he does it’s definitely not FUE

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

11 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t think Feller does surgery anymore, if he does it’s definitely not FUE

Yes, I wasn't considering him for surgery. But I did write to ask if they can do a detailed assessment of donor area (microns, # of available grafts, etc.) so I can share that with Dr. Feller/Hasson/Bisanga/Eugenix which seems a much smarter way of approaching this vs scheduling surgery based on some selfies I took. 

Dr. Feller just in fact got back in touch with me and said they do in fact do these.

He is 1/2 hour away from me vs cross-country to Vancouver or cross-world to Belguim :)

• Like 1

@Melvin- Moderator Hi Melvin, quick aside question. Since each doc has recommended drugs to maintain, I guess I'm looking to jump back on that bandwagon again (been many years, none really worked so well).

I'm considering Xyon, but would do drug panel first and after.

Also considering oral minox.

Just wondered your thoughts on these.

Thanks!

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Melvin- Moderator Hi Melvin, quick aside question. Since each doc has recommended drugs to maintain, I guess I'm looking to jump back on that bandwagon again (been many years, none really worked so well).

I'm considering Xyon, but would do drug panel first and after.

Also considering oral minox.

Just wondered your thoughts on these.

Thanks!

I would suggest their topical dutasteride. It doesn’t go as systemic and it’s stronger. I’m working on getting the forum a discount code very soon. I’m on 2.5 my of oral minoxidil 4x per week and 5 mg 3x per week. No sides. But definitely check your blood pressure. Id start on 1 mg and slowly build up. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

46 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli @NegativeNorwood @Melvin- Moderator

Ok, I got my report from Dr. Feriduni (based on pics):

Reconstruction of zone 1 + 2 + 3 + 5v Technique(s):

FUE Number of follicular units: 2800 — 3400 FU in a single day session (FUE)

Dr. Feriduni always takes facial proportions into account when he creates a hairline so the new hairline will harmonize with the facial features of the patient and will be well positioned in the face. (see information 'rule of thirds')

Dr. Feriduni creates micro- and macro irregularities in the hairline to attain a natural aspect. He also follows the natural angle and implantation of the hair.

The importance of frontal hair volume is essential in order to achieve a natural aspect and to reframe the patient's face.

The density zone requires the highest amount of FU/cm².

Due to the dilution of your crown area it is recommended to opt for a conservative hairline design. We would need too many follicular units to create an aggressive hairline design. Follicular units that we might need to restore your crown area. 

Using 3,400 as the baseline, his cost is ~$15k USD with the VAT.  Dr. Hasson is $24k USD. Eugenixs is ~$16k with taxes/etc.

So of course question 1 is Dr. Hasson worth the extra 50% ($9k, and his quoted costs don't include taxes/etc).

As for Eugenixs, since I can get a top European Dr. for the same price, the question becomes a) is there a reason to choose them over Dr. Feriduni b) do I trust their hairline since now Lorenzo, Feriduni and Hasson all agree the hairline they drew is too aggressive.  And I agree with Dr. Feriduni that density is more important then height.

Dr. F suggests an in person so now to me the choice seems to be to fly NY>Vancouver to see Hasson or NY>Belgium to see Feriduni and use the in-person evaluation for either.

But Eugenix seems out since there doesn't seem to be a benefit, and at the end of the day I don't know them or Dr. Bansal well, but in fact had Dr. F on my shortlist 8 years back or so. 

And not so sure I can make a good case for close to $10k extra for Dr. Hasson/Wong.

Time to research Dr. Feriduni a little more it looks like :)

I really like Dr Feriduni's work, he presents very good and honest pictures, and his results are always very natural.

Just out of curiosity, the price Eugenix quoted you is with Dr Sethi as the lead surgeon, or with Dr Bansal?

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

51 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

I really like Dr Feriduni's work, he presents very good and honest pictures, and his results are always very natural.

Just out of curiosity, the price Eugenix quoted you is with Dr Sethi as the lead surgeon, or with Dr Bansal?

It was for Dr. Bansal doing planning, extraction and then placement of 400 grafts.
I like Ferudini as well and he seems to understand the importance of temples.

Edited by ready4Hair
  • Like 1

Ok Dr. Bisanga replied but only to say he need in-person consult to determine hair density, grouping, miniaturization, caliber of hair, etc.

I wrote to ask him if I used Dr. Feller, local reputed HT Surgeon to do that analysis (which he offers and I'm in the process of setting up a consult for) he would accept that as travelling to Belgium is a cost/time investment I don't have right now.

But having a real donor assessment to share with Eugenix, Hasson, Feriduni, Bisanga would be very helpful.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I would suggest their topical dutasteride. It doesn’t go as systemic and it’s stronger. I’m working on getting the forum a discount code very soon. I’m on 2.5 my of oral minoxidil 4x per week and 5 mg 3x per week. No sides. But definitely check your blood pressure. Id start on 1 mg and slowly build up. 

I was thinking of the topical dut, since it is more potent and has larger molecular size as far as I can understand.

I'm looking for a lab that will do the suggested hormones, so far labcorp says they do not.

Question: Do I need to wait until say 3-4 months on those to then go get my donor checked? Or is my donor as is w/o drugs more important (i.e. who wants to transplant hair that needs drugs to survive)?

Ok so Dr. Feller's consult for density, grouping, miniturizatrion, caliber of donor is $75. I'm going to schedule a consult with him.  Also cause my selfie ability is so lacking I'm going to have my GF film me with comb through my donor area too.

That should be enough to get really accurate assessment and realistic hairline from all those (and other) doctors.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

I was thinking of the topical dut, since it is more potent and has larger molecular size as far as I can understand.

I'm looking for a lab that will do the suggested hormones, so far labcorp says they do not.

Question: Do I need to wait until say 3-4 months on those to then go get my donor checked? Or is my donor as is w/o drugs more important (i.e. who wants to transplant hair that needs drugs to survive)?

I would give the drugs around 6 months before getting surgery. You might have considerable crown regrowth, which means less grafts and money. 

Check out this guy’s journey, he’s only been using it 5 months, and he’s on finasteride not dutasteride. My speculation is that dut will be much better.

View my thread

1 hour ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Agree with Melvin, dutasteride is the strongest drug we have against balding, period. The topical version seems like more hassle to use but also fewer side effects.

I'm in but only if I can get lab tests first and then following month. I don't want to guess if it's going to create sexual side effects or not.

Definitely doing the Oral Minoxidil though.

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I placed order for Oral Minoxidil 2.5mg so will start with that. I'm going to do home BP first for that as well.

LabCorp seems to say they can't help, I emailed a local Urgent Care outlet (CityMD) that does Labs, to see if they can do custom for me.

Good point on crown and HT

I went through all the topicals years ago, the Dr. Proctor stuff, the Copper Peptides, all the shampoos. Never had enough response to make the bother worth it. So I'll be interested to see how Oral Minox and Xylon affect the hair in the next 1/2 year.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ready4Hair said:

I placed order for Oral Minoxidil 2.5mg so will start with that. I'm going to do home BP first for that as well.

LabCorp seems to say they can't help, I emailed a local Urgent Care outlet (CityMD) that does Labs, to see if they can do custom for me.

Good point on crown and HT

I went through all the topicals years ago, the Dr. Proctor stuff, the Copper Peptides, all the shampoos. Never had enough response to make the bother worth it. So I'll be interested to see how Oral Minox and Xylon affect the hair in the next 1/2 year.

When you get the Topical dut you should document your journey. I feel a difference at one month, using it 3x per week. I have had zero sides. Very happy to have led in the pencil. Getting your labs checked is important. I got mine checked before I started any of the topicals. I'm going to get them rechecked next month. Let's see if my serum DHT has changed at all. I don't feel a difference physically, but we shall see.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin- Moderator said:

When you get the Topical dut you should document your journey. I feel a difference at one month, using it 3x per week. I have had zero sides. Very happy to have led in the pencil. Getting your labs checked is important. I got mine checked before I started any of the topicals. I'm going to get them rechecked next month. Let's see if my serum DHT has changed at all. I don't feel a difference physically, but we shall see.

Did you try oral dut? I am assuming no, because you had sides from fin. Topical seems like a great plan B for those who get sides from the oral medicine.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Did you try oral dut? I am assuming no, because you had sides from fin. Topical seems like a great plan B for those who get sides from the oral medicine.

I never took oral dut. Oral fin was bad enough. I got all of the sides after a month of using it. I think topical dut is the best option for those of us who can't tolerate oral fin.

• Like 1

View my thread

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I never took oral dut. Oral fin was bad enough. I got all of the sides after a month of using it. I think topical dut is the best option for those of us who can't tolerate oral fin.

I think anyone who gets sides from fin will get sides from dut. 

(orally) 

Edited by Rafael Manelli

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Still looking for a cooperative lab, trying CityMD again tomorrow. About what should I expect to pay for labs like that?

On 2/23/2023 at 5:48 PM, ready4Hair said:

I'm speaking with Eugenix as they seem to be a good balance between quality and cost. Given my druthers I'd probably go to Dr. Hasson but given I need likely 4k grafts the cost gets out of hand ($28k+). Eugenix seems to have good results, a good reputation, a good end to end experience, and skilled at temple points which are important to me for about 1/2 the price.

I'm trying to review as many posts as I can to get an idea if it makes sense to go with the highest package wtih Dr. Sethi if he is available, but wondered if anyone who has done the research already could let me know if it is worth even trying to do so and if Dr. Bansai is as skilled. I'm trying to see in fact if I can get a package where she does all the insertions, not just the 400 the package calls for.

I had both Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi for my hair design and I can tell you that both are very different. You can see in my post hairline drawn by Dr Bansal and Dr Sethi...day and night difference. 

With regards to Eugenix, tell them exactly which doctor you want to do what bit of procedure and they will quote you a price for it. Dr Sethi is available I am sure but there is a price to it.

• Like 1