Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

2 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

3,400 is a good plan now, the crown you can focus on later. The crown needs full attention. In the meantime, you can use fibers and pass off a really good look. 

Cool thank you.

Since I'd be doing Crown later on too. Many suggestions for low cost but good crown works since it does not seem to be as difficult or critical as airlines and maybe I can keep that in budget

6 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

3,400 is a good plan now, the crown you can focus on later. The crown needs full attention. In the meantime, you can use fibers and pass off a really good look. 

Ok so it seems the pricing for Dr. Das at Eugenix and Dr. Freitas is nearly identical. Dr. Bansal was out of reach. The difference is Eugenix will do front/temples/crown in one pass and Dr. Freitas requires two separate a year apart. 

So the question/decision becomes is Dr. Freitas superior enough to Dr Das/Eugenix to 'suffer' through two years of this and two HTs are just get a one and done.

You need to go with the one you have most confidence in giving you the best possible outcome.  Yes, waiting 2 years for the final result when you could have it in 1 year is a bummer. But you know what's worse? Have the procedure done in 1 pass, then not being happy with the result and thinking that in hindsight you should have gone to a different surgeon for a 2 pass approach.

I am not saying one doctor is better than the other (I haven't research any of them). What I am saying is that the timeframe is irrelevant. You need to maximize the chances of you having the greatest possible outcome. Money and time should be completely irrelevant of your decision.

2500 FUE by Dr. Victor Hasson, June 2023

5 hours ago, Chrisno said:

You need to go with the one you have most confidence in giving you the best possible outcome.  Yes, waiting 2 years for the final result when you could have it in 1 year is a bummer. But you know what's worse? Have the procedure done in 1 pass, then not being happy with the result and thinking that in hindsight you should have gone to a different surgeon for a 2 pass approach.

I am not saying one doctor is better than the other (I haven't research any of them). What I am saying is that the timeframe is irrelevant. You need to maximize the chances of you having the greatest possible outcome. Money and time should be completely irrelevant of your decision.

I think it is good advice but in moderation. Like most people I cannot disregard money (e.g. Dr. Bansal would have cost over $24k vs the $11-$13k for Dr. Das or Dr. Freitas). Likewise I'd love to go to Dr. Cotas (if I remember his name correctly) but has has a two year waiting period for a *consult*.  Which puts an HT out 3-4 years and results 5 years. Just not worth it to me even if I was 30.

Dr. Das seems to have very positive results here and not just that, the narratives about the care her and her team bring to the surgery are very encouraging.  Dr. Freitas also does superb work, though I've seen less temple work from him.

So at the end of the day the costs are almost identical, the results seem almost identical, so the ability to do it all in one shot is very appealing. I have time to make a decision so I'll continue researching Dr. Das.

All else being equal (e.g. cost and skill) instead of judging by plan, a critical factor in determining which clinic to select is to see how they handle their unsuccessful cases. Not one doctor has 100% success, so look at whether and how they’d stand behind you via patient testimonials for when the transplant is not up to par. 

Does the clinic offer a refund, repair or nothing? Does the clinic take immediate action or do they make you wait until the “magical” 12 month mark? Does the clinic accept responsibility or will they look for excuses to put the failure on the patient? 

In short, if skill and costs are equal, look at the doctor’s ethics. 

2 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

I think it is good advice but in moderation. Like most people I cannot disregard money (e.g. Dr. Bansal would have cost over $24k vs the $11-$13k for Dr. Das or Dr. Freitas). Likewise I'd love to go to Dr. Cotas (if I remember his name correctly) but has has a two year waiting period for a *consult*.  Which puts an HT out 3-4 years and results 5 years. Just not worth it to me even if I was 30.

Dr. Das seems to have very positive results here and not just that, the narratives about the care her and her team bring to the surgery are very encouraging.  Dr. Freitas also does superb work, though I've seen less temple work from him.

So at the end of the day the costs are almost identical, the results seem almost identical, so the ability to do it all in one shot is very appealing. I have time to make a decision so I'll continue researching Dr. Das.

Your pattern seems similar to mine aswell, I am going to De Freitas this June so I will have at least the frontal portion, entrances and center sorted.

I do still have some hair on the crown so its not receeded as much as yours so I have told them to place a couple of grafts in there if feasible because it would help to bridge the frontal hairline to the back, especially with long hair since mine do grow a lot in a short span of time.

I was told that they wouldnt likely be able to fill it all but if possible the doctor would extract more towards that area, to be honest I think my hair improved a bit in the last year from the crown and I certanly feel one of the sides being a bit stronger then what it was a year ago, so I think that will help the final results aswell. Mind you I am not planning to go above and beyond but maybe try and see if I can get at least 200 to 300 grafts in there, even if I have to pay a bit more in the end I think it will be worth it considering my hair goals in the long term. Then if necessary after a year or another I can come back and get the rest done.

I am not worried about the temples since I am planning to wear my hair long, I dont think mine are too bad so my focus will be mostly rebuilding my diffused hairline.

I will say though that I would prefer to have to plan two steps and get the glory then have everything in a go and end up with nothing. From my understanding the risk of going beyond 3500 ~ 4000 would be the blood supply competition in the scalp for your grafts and it would always be higher in comparisson to have a smaller surgery done. 

16 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Your pattern seems similar to mine aswell, I am going to De Freitas this June so I will have at least the frontal portion, entrances and center sorted.

I do still have some hair on the crown so its not receeded as much as yours so I have told them to place a couple of grafts in there if feasible because it would help to bridge the frontal hairline to the back, especially with long hair since mine do grow a lot in a short span of time.

I was told that they wouldnt likely be able to fill it all but if possible the doctor would extract more towards that area, to be honest I think my hair improved a bit in the last year from the crown and I certanly feel one of the sides being a bit stronger then what it was a year ago, so I think that will help the final results aswell. Mind you I am not planning to go above and beyond but maybe try and see if I can get at least 200 to 300 grafts in there, even if I have to pay a bit more in the end I think it will be worth it considering my hair goals in the long term. Then if necessary after a year or another I can come back and get the rest done.

I am not worried about the temples since I am planning to wear my hair long, I dont think mine are too bad so my focus will be mostly rebuilding my diffused hairline.

I will say though that I would prefer to have to plan two steps and get the glory then have everything in a go and end up with nothing. From my understanding the risk of going beyond 3500 ~ 4000 would be the blood supply competition in the scalp for your grafts and it would always be higher in comparisson to have a smaller surgery done. 

In an ideal world yeah I'd do Dr. F in one shot if it was available.

I also agree >4k is not a great idea, they were discussing 4800, with 3k front, 400 temples, 1200-1400 crown. I'm really not so super worried about crown and hoping that the recent addition of oral minox and soon topical dut (Xyon) will make it possible to just do a small amount in the crown (e.g. 600 or so). Not so super worried if people see a thinning top and as long as I have mid-scalp built up then that will enhance the front. I'll follow you so I can see your progress, good luck.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

In an ideal world yeah I'd do Dr. F in one shot if it was available.

I also agree >4k is not a great idea, they were discussing 4800, with 3k front, 400 temples, 1200-1400 crown. I'm really not so super worried about crown and hoping that the recent addition of oral minox and soon topical dut (Xyon) will make it possible to just do a small amount in the crown (e.g. 600 or so). Not so super worried if people see a thinning top and as long as I have mid-scalp built up then that will enhance the front. I'll follow you so I can see your progress, good luck.

Thanks, feel free to drop me a PM if you're curious as usually I just don't feel comfortable posting pictures on the forum. I would actually be curious for any opinions you may have.

I honestly wasn't really considering oral minox but I am slowly thinking about the idea. The numbers for your case seem to hit right though, 3k for the front, 400 spread throughout the temples separetely from the 3k and then the 1200 to 1400 on the crown.

See the thing about me is that I want my hair to go all the way down so donor preservation is a priority for my case since I really want to be able to wear long ponytails or make hairstyles with a bow. 

If the crown is just a little thin with some good thick long hairs then odds are it should go 90% of the times unnoticed, if I wear a ponytail then it will hardly be noticed considering the long thick hairs from the front and of course there's medication to help enhance the previous results.

• 1 month later...