Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

15 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

If he can’t or won’t do good temple point work then I would write him off. Not worth getting a good deal on the hairline and then going to another doc just for temples. And then someone else for the crown - dr Wong, perhaps? And then to dr Umar for some body hair grafting, and then Dr Rahal for a hairline touch up - don’t you know he is “the hairline king”? ;) And finally to Eugenix for beard because why not?

You seem a patient man in no rush though. To be honest, I feel like after all this discussion, I’m more eager to see you get on with it than even you are!

Here is an interesting thread on another forum from a patient with the exact concern of mine from Dr. F (who told him he can and will do temples).

https://www.recuperarelpelo.com/foro/viewtopic.php?p=836881

Summary is people on the thread mainly suggest a) he not do temples as they almost never look natural (?) or b) go to Coutas.

And yes on the crown, IF I go to Dr. F and just do front I'd likely go somewhere else for the crown. He is talking about doing mid-scalp however so I might end up just passing and being a young 60 yo :) with an amazing hairline and a thinning crown.

Someone took pics of me out last night so took the opportunity to do a mock-up of hairline which basically starts at the very bottom of my existing one.

me99.png

I would go to someone else who can do temples and front simultaneously. And crown if possible. 

Mockup looks good but also about a centimeter lower than current hairline. I think it's feasible though. Personally I'd go for slightly steeper temple points. 

Weird:

"I have consulted with the Doctor and it is not possible to perform the temporal peaks in this first surgery, only the frontal, central and the receding hairline areas can be performed.

If you wish to do the temporal peaks and the crown, you will be able to do them in a second surgery to be done after the first year of the first one."

• Administrators
Just now, ready4Hair said:

Weird:

"I have consulted with the Doctor and it is not possible to perform the temporal peaks in this first surgery, only the frontal, central and the receding hairline areas can be performed.

If you wish to do the temporal peaks and the crown, you will be able to do them in a second surgery to be done after the first year of the first one."

It’s not uncommon. Many surgeons don’t perform megasessions. There’s a higher chance that things could go wrong. They’d rather do it in sessions. You need a large staff that are trained in doing megasessions. Only Eugenix, Dr. Pittella, and Dr. Zarev, regularly do large megasessions.

Like I said the smart thing to do is address the hairline and temporal peaks first, then address the crown. If you want to do it all, you have to select a clinic equipped to carry that out. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

15 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

It’s not uncommon. Many surgeons don’t perform megasessions. There’s a higher chance that things could go wrong. They’d rather do it in sessions. You need a large staff that are trained in doing megasessions. Only Eugenix, Dr. Pittella, and Dr. Zarev, regularly do large megasessions.

Like I said the smart thing to do is address the hairline and temporal peaks first, then address the crown. If you want to do it all, you have to select a clinic equipped to carry that out. 

What can we define as a mega session nowadays?

I remember reading that 4000-5000 grafts was considered a megasession and many docs have many cases of around this range.

I will say that Eugenix, Pitella and Zarev do 6000+ sessions more frequently than others, is that the new mega session range?

Edited by mister_25
Typo
  • Like 1

12+ Months Finasteride + Minoxidil

3872 FUE w/ Dr Hasson | November 2022

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Right, I got the part about doing the crown a year later. But the temples? That is what, 200-300 grafts per side.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, mister_25 said:

What can we define as a mega session nowadays?

I remember reading that 4000-5000 grafts was considered a megasession and many docs have many cases of around this range.

I will say that Eugenia, Pitella and Zarev do 6000+ sessions more frequently than others, is that the new mega session range?

Good call out, the definition has changed. Megasession is still 3,500+ but you’re right. The aforementioned clinics perform gigasessions. 5,000+.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, ready4Hair said:

Right, I got the part about doing the crown a year later. But the temples? That is what, 200-300 grafts per side.

I see no reason why you can’t do the hairline and temporal peaks at once. 

View my thread

Well it is really too bad as I love his work and he is way less expensive than Eugenix somehow.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I see no reason why you can’t do the hairline and temporal peaks at once. 

Yeah and while getting the crown added after makes sense visually, doing the temples a year later seems just... weird.

17 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Temple points only take a few hundred grafts. Really weird he would not want to do them for this reason…

Maybe he draws a hard line at 3,000 grafts as I have never seen one posted with more (3,027 is clearly a 3,000 graft procedure).

4 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

His YouTube has larger cases

I think when he goes to 3,100 or so it is just that it presented itself.  The larger ones are all two interventions. In other words I don't think he plans more than 3,000 for single sessions so likely won't promise it either. Really disappointing, no way I want to wait two years for grow in.

43 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Who are your top considerations now ?

Not a big pool really. Dr. Ferudini is a possibility but requires a trip to him. Dr. Freitas seems out of contention as I don't want to do front, temples, crown over 3 years. Eugenix is best bet but the full on HT is super expensive with Dr. Basal. The $10k was sounding perfect with Freitas.

Just now, ready4Hair said:

Hmm, how would that address the issue (Dr. F not doing temples).

I'm just suggesting more options if you don't want to go to Dr F. 

If you are intent on him, you might as well insist he does the temples in one surgery. Ask nicely if he will do it. Tell him you really want a few hundred grafts there. Perhaps he will change his mind. 

I spoke to the Eugenia team And voice might concern about the price. The three thousand grafts which doctor freitas Quotes under ten k for is almost fifteen k with doctor basal. Going for the fall forty five hundred is almost twenty five k.

They suggest I go with doctor das which put the cost right around doctor freitas.

I will take a further look at her work and simultaneously reach out to doctor freitas and see if he can reconsider doing the temples otherwise I will have to be writing him off.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rafael Manelli @Melvin- Moderator 

Well, good news. Dr. F wrote back and said they could add 200 grafts per temple with commensurate increase in price.  Great news since otherwise I was looking at "downgrading" to Dr. Das with Eugenix which doesn't fill me with great hope (I mean vs Dr. F at least) and is still more expensive.  Is 200 sufficient for temples?

• Administrators

200 grafts should suffice for the temples. Dr. De Freitas is excellent. 

View my thread

18 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

200 grafts should suffice for the temples. Dr. De Freitas is excellent. 

Yes, agreed. Just didn't want to do the front in one session and temples later. So for now it would be 3,400 with 400 for temples and 3000 for hairline/density. Crown later.  I'm hoping in a couple months to assess the Oral Minox and once I get around to the blood panel 3 months of Xyon. Hoping the combo gives me decent enough crown improvement to make it a choice moving forward.

Speaking of which, not sure if this exactly apples to apples but this is pre-minox and about 7 weeks in:

20230310_121726.jpg

20230425_180442.jpg

• Administrators

3,400 is a good plan now, the crown you can focus on later. The crown needs full attention. In the meantime, you can use fibers and pass off a really good look. 

• Like 1

View my thread