Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

3 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

There is one possible way it could go wrong however which is if you have miniaturisation in the hair, dutasteride and minoxidil might reverse some of that, masking the true extent of it. So it might be better to go to the consultation sooner rather than later. If you go later and they tell you your hair is stable, you may not know how much of that is due to the meds. 

Ooooh excellent point! Don't want to transplant drug dependent donor...

• Like 1

Here is a fairly relevant hairline/temple wise from Dr. Bansal

I really like Dr. Freitas but have yet to find a real temple job to reference. He reminds me of Lorenzo from a few years back with those straight hairlines w/o temples coming in to balance them. No knock on him but damn temples give you a lot of bang for the buck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

Here is a fairly relevant hairline/temple wise from Dr. Bansal

I really like Dr. Freitas but have yet to find a real temple job to reference. He reminds me of Lorenzo from a few years back with those straight hairlines w/o temples coming in to balance them. No knock on him but damn temples give you a lot of bang for the buck.

You can follow my journey as I just had temples done by freitas alongside my hairline 

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

10 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

You can follow my journey as I just had temples done by freitas alongside my hairline 

Thank you, followed. Looks great so far. I'm awaiting feedback from him on my submission last week.  Right now def down to him or Dr. Basal from Eugenix (or Dr. Sethi if things improve this year and I can swing the extra $$$).

20 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

That Eugenix example is very similar to you. He started off with strong sides and they were brought in even further, while the front line was left relatively high but strong.

What do you think of this?

Looks amazing, though he does look like a Lorenzo/Couta 'wet dream' type of patient.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

That Eugenix example is very similar to you. He started off with strong sides and they were brought in even further, while the front line was left relatively high but strong.

What do you think of this?

Oh this appears to be Dr. Lupanzula not Eugenix

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Just another option to consider

I've seen at least one really bad result and experience which puts him out of contention right now. I know I know not a home run with every doc but the way it was handled seems piss-poor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Rafael Manelli @Melvin- Moderator @NegativeNorwood

Ok Dr. Freitas got back to me.

He recommends 3k but not for crown (second operation a year later)? He says for "he frontal area, the mid scalp and the receding hairline, with an extraction of 3.000 follicles". Not sure difference between frontal area and the receding hairline.

Price super reasonable. I need to follow up and see if he has ideas about the actual hairline or my mock-ups.

It's unusual for most clinics to do more than 3500 grafts in a single session. They need a large staff to do true megasessions. If doing it in two sessions appeals to you, I would rate Freitas highly. 

You had extremely strong temple points when you were younger. Probably about 3cm from the eyebrow, maybe less. 

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@Rafael Manelli @Melvin- Moderator @NegativeNorwood

Ok Dr. Freitas got back to me.

He recommends 3k but not for crown (second operation a year later)? He says for "he frontal area, the mid scalp and the receding hairline, with an extraction of 3.000 follicles". Not sure difference between frontal area and the receding hairline.

Price super reasonable. I need to follow up and see if he has ideas about the actual hairline or my mock-ups.

I think the best plan is one broken up by sessions. It’s better to address the front and crown in two separate sessions. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I’ve drawn way too many hairlines in this thread haha

Don't worry, I'm taking you to whatever surgeon I choose to draw it for them :)

I am really astonished at the price, honestly almost 1/2 Dr. Bansal.

I need to dig a little deeper into him...

• Haha 1

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Well that is my old 'mature' hairline I'd be happy with :)

This is a lot more mature than your initial plan. This is by far a more reasonable hairline. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The price differential is really blowing me away. Even if I asked/insisted on say another 1,500 grafts for density and crown I'd be looking at $10k less for Dr. F.  That makes the premium for Dr. B seem really insupportable. Maybe for Dr. Coutas, which is not to say I don't like her work, but $24k vs $14k for everything or <$10k for the front/mid-scalp it just doesn't seem to me worth the significant increase.  As mentioned I'll keep trying to find Dr. Freitas results here and on other forums (I've heard he is on spanish forums but not sure which) and hopefully can find some temple point work.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Why don't you just ask Freitas if he can show you some temple point work? 

Not a bad idea but he is not a super responsive guy.  I did send him some of my mock-ups and temple lines asking if he was willing/able to do that, we'll see. But I'll follow-up with him with your suggested query. So far the vids I see are all really good but very 'Lorenzo'. Still, getting a top hairline doc for $10k-$15k vs $24k Eugenics is appealing.

If he can’t or won’t do good temple point work then I would write him off. Not worth getting a good deal on the hairline and then going to another doc just for temples. And then someone else for the crown - dr Wong, perhaps? And then to dr Umar for some body hair grafting, and then Dr Rahal for a hairline touch up - don’t you know he is “the hairline king”? ;) And finally to Eugenix for beard because why not?

You seem a patient man in no rush though. To be honest, I feel like after all this discussion, I’m more eager to see you get on with it than even you are!