Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

I'm speaking with Eugenix as they seem to be a good balance between quality and cost. Given my druthers I'd probably go to Dr. Hasson but given I need likely 4k grafts the cost gets out of hand ($28k+). Eugenix seems to have good results, a good reputation, a good end to end experience, and skilled at temple points which are important to me for about 1/2 the price.

I'm trying to review as many posts as I can to get an idea if it makes sense to go with the highest package wtih Dr. Sethi if he is available, but wondered if anyone who has done the research already could let me know if it is worth even trying to do so and if Dr. Bansai is as skilled. I'm trying to see in fact if I can get a package where she does all the insertions, not just the 400 the package calls for.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

I'm speaking with Eugenix as they seem to be a good balance between quality and cost. Given my druthers I'd probably go to Dr. Hasson but given I need likely 4k grafts the cost gets out of hand ($28k+). Eugenix seems to have good results, a good reputation, a good end to end experience, and skilled at temple points which are important to me for about 1/2 the price.

I'm trying to review as many posts as I can to get an idea if it makes sense to go with the highest package wtih Dr. Sethi if he is available, but wondered if anyone who has done the research already could let me know if it is worth even trying to do so and if Dr. Bansai is as skilled. I'm trying to see in fact if I can get a package where she does all the insertions, not just the 400 the package calls for.

Yeh you can go with dr bansal....she is as skilled as dr sethi...

Bdw at tht price point you can also consider zarev, munib ahmad ,bisanga,Pittella ,mawamba 

• Like 3

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

Agree with @Archan, with that budget you can pay for Feriduni or Mwamba (both very skilled at temples and with high quality pictures to show their work) to name a few.

I don't see the point of travelling to India unless you live there already or really, really want to have your HT done by Dr Sethi or Dr Bansai (both great professionals btw).

Edited by NegativeNorwood
  • Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

@NegativeNorwoodI looked into Feriduni awhile back, I was on the fence about his results (some great some not so for me) but also that is a trip to Belgium. Which I'd love for leisure but not so different from India in terms of travel. So far don't love Mwamba, to my eye he does a lot of the 'Frankenstein' hairlines as I call them.

Bansai looks very good, I'll add her to shortlist with Hasson, Vories for now. What is Rahal's rep these days? He was softa King of the FUT for awhile with great hairlines, not sure if his rep kept up with FUE.

4 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@NegativeNorwoodI looked into Feriduni awhile back, I was on the fence about his results (some great some not so for me) but also that is a trip to Belgium. Which I'd love for leisure but not so different from India in terms of travel. So far don't love Mwamba, to my eye he does a lot of the 'Frankenstein' hairlines as I call them.

Bansai looks very good, I'll add her to shortlist with Hasson, Vories for now. What is Rahal's rep these days? He was softa King of the FUT for awhile with great hairlines, not sure if his rep kept up with FUE.

Mind explaining the "frankestein hairlines"?

I think both have great results for temples (which is my main interest too + eyebrows) and hairlines, and their pictures are of great quality, so their work can be appreciated correctly.

I've also looked at Rahal but couldn't find pictures of high enough quality to make an informed judgement, I know he has a great reputation, but I need high quality pictures like the ones Konior, Feriduni, Mwamba or Munib Ahmad use to be able to tell if he's that good or not. Otherwise, is a gamble.

@NegativeNorwoodFrankenstein harilines are the ones that go straight across, often with no nod to softening or temples. I really am looking for hairline expert, one who does irregular hairlines, uses finer hair up front, created new temple points, etc. I'm 60, planning on being aggressive as this is my first HT and put it off for a few years now due to family issues which Covid made worse. Eugenix said I need 2700, I think that was for hairline, so likely will end up with  4k if I a) want temple points b) want some crown and c) want front to be as aggressive as possible. If I can swing a loan I might just end up with Hasson as he hits all of the above and it is just a hop up to the west coast vs around the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

@NegativeNorwoodFrankenstein harilines are the ones that go straight across, often with no nod to softening or temples. I really am looking for hairline expert, one who does irregular hairlines, uses finer hair up front, created new temple points, etc. I'm 60, planning on being aggressive as this is my first HT and put it off for a few years now due to family issues which Covid made worse. Eugenix said I need 2700, I think that was for hairline, so likely will end up with  4k if I a) want temple points b) want some crown and c) want front to be as aggressive as possible. If I can swing a loan I might just end up with Hasson as he hits all of the above and it is just a hop up to the west coast vs around the world.

Understood. I've seen a few very good cases from Feriduni and Mwamba tho (at least to my eye), but have to admit I haven't looked into Hasson due to me living in Europe.

You should go to one you consider the best, if that's Hasson, then go for that loan and be happy with your decision and no regrets ("what if I went to x instead?"). You deserve to enjoy your new hairline to the fullest, so go for the surgeon who's work you like the most 👍

38 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

I took a little time to see Hasson pictures and compare it to some Mwamba and Feriduni cases...Hasson doesn't show the hair combed back, nor the hair wet or combed, like Feriduni or Mwamba do, so you can't really compare his work to them. Also the Feriduni and Mwamba hairlines I've seen are have nape hairs and are irregular. Are you sure we are talking about the same doctors?

That's a pretty stark difference in presentation. Notice how Hasson doesn't even show the hair slicked back (let alone combed or wet). IMO that presentation is not enough to judge hairline work.

Not shilling or anything like that, just my observation. In real life, you'll have to comb your hair back and it will be wet after you shower, so that's what you have to look for before making a decision. The transplant will be even more evident if you like to wear your hair short, which is also an important factor.

I think Feriduni, Mwamba, Couto (or Konior in the US), Zarev and Munib Ahmad have the best hairlines tbh. In the US, Nadimi is also great but haven't seen temple work from her yet.

If you are a hard case and never had HT before, I will go with dr Bansal, very skilled and a lovely person. I have done the super premium package with her and for now I am already happy with the result at month 3 (considering my starting point). 

If your case is easier than mine, I would probably just go with Dr Feriduni. He was my number one choice for some years but would not have been able to assess my case the way I wanted to, that's why I picked Dr Bansal after seeing some amazing results she did get for similar case than me. 

You should take an appointment with both and judge for yourself. They are both lovely person and perfectionist in their work. (Feriduni even knowing he would not take my case, helped me make some important decision concerning my hair transplant when I asked him in our email conversation some insights about my hair surgeon short list) 

• Like 1

@NegativeNorwood Those are really good points re Hasson. Though I do know his reputation remains stellar. Perhaps given the time gap other doctors have caught up to him making the $6 a graft not necessary.  Any idea what Feriduni charges?  If I can do this for $15k or so it starts to look reasonable. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the time and assistance.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

@NegativeNorwood Those are really good points re Hasson. Though I do know his reputation remains stellar. Perhaps given the time gap other doctors have caught up to him making the $6 a graft not necessary.  Any idea what Feriduni charges?  If I can do this for $15k or so it starts to look reasonable. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow. Thanks for the time and assistance.

You're welcome sir, happy to help when I can.

Feriduni charges 4 to 5€ euros per graft according to this website, I assume VAT is already included (normally, EU prices tend to always have VAT included, but lately I've seen some hair transplant doctors that don't include it in the price, like Mwamba, who AFAIK reportedly charges 3€, but without VAT):

https://www.best-hair-clinics.com/clinics/dr-bijan-feriduni-hasselt-belgium.html

Get dr. sethi/bansal (both same) or dr. Zarev/Feriduni. 
Speak your way out with the counsellors and the doctors. Do what your heart tells you and never let location be the barrier to a HT
Cheers, keep us updated! 

10 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

have you considered hattingen? they have results posted on their youtube channel and it looks super natural to me

Zarev is the best for high Norwoods, no question.

I think Sethi > Bansal, but it's more because Sethi seems more meticulous in planning, imo. I've heard many complaints about the planning being rushed with Bansal, whereas Sethi seemingly takes on less and more bespoke cases.

6 minutes ago, Z-- said:

Zarev is the best for high Norwoods, no question.

I think Sethi > Bansal, but it's more because Sethi seems more meticulous in planning, imo. I've heard many complaints about the planning being rushed with Bansal, whereas Sethi seemingly takes on less and more bespoke cases.

I would agree with the fact that dr. sethi nature and the way of performing surgery is truly amazing. dr. Zarev doesnt like to share his work with others, he is quite in his own world. still both are star surgeons for higher norwood. 

@NegativeNorwood @Rafael Manelli Thank you. My dad was total NW7, apparently my mother's father died with a full-head of hair so I split the differnce. I also get naturally decent illusion of density since when wet or not styled clearly thinner. The back donor area is totally lush/full.

I'm hoping to get 4,000 grafts for dense front, temple points, aread behind the front and if anything left over some crown. If I leave a small thin/bald spot in back I'm ok at 60 :)

• Like 2