Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

Yes Melvin, I saw that. It's because of the combover that I think extra photos, with the hair brushed back, would be useful. 

To back to OPs original example, Robert Downey Jr's hairline has crept back significantly over the years. It's recessed quite evenly by the looks of it so he doesn't have the classic Norwood 2 look with the low middle and high corners, giving an M shape, but rather just looks like a high hairline with a big forehead. Matured, but still looks nice. 

Greg has a more curved and undulating hairline, but more aggressive and youthful/juvenile tuna current RDJ. Youthful hairlines don't always to straight across. They can have widows peaks and curves. 

Screenshot_20230308-162954_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-162909_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1

Yes that is fine. Not looking for a 'straight across' or razor line. Honestly most of what I want is the side/temple. I get pretty decent visually with what I've got so I'm sure the line you drew would be great too.  Mostly it is bringing the side/temples forward and I could just do the hairline where the bottom most of my existing/thinning one is

And it is this temple/side vs this. Which I guess is more about density then height.

At this point funny enough I'd go back to 4 years ago (Covid was tough) when I was considering HT.

me4.png

hair2.png

20230222_184811.jpg

temple.png

2018.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

1_asdqaweqwe.pngI guess Doctors and clinics are trying to avoid the many examples of people who end up looking weird although their goal was to look younger. 

We know this has happened across such vanity operations (like HTs). We all know countless examples I'm sure - traditionally of women like Madonna, Cher and whoever else. And in recent year men are also starting along the same.

For example Cowell, who may have smoother skin, and a socalled juvenile hairline.... but to quote Bill Burr "why do these people prefer to look like a 25 year old lizard, rather than a 50 year old human?".

I guess a counter argument to how these doctors see it might be that HTs do not have the same risks as other plastic operations etc. 

I don't think Cowell's hairline is the issue as much as the cut, the weirder thing is the glass smooth skin.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Yes Melvin, I saw that. It's because of the combover that I think extra photos, with the hair brushed back, would be useful. 

To back to OPs original example, Robert Downey Jr's hairline has crept back significantly over the years. It's recessed quite evenly by the looks of it so he doesn't have the classic Norwood 2 look with the low middle and high corners, giving an M shape, but rather just looks like a high hairline with a big forehead. Matured, but still looks nice. 

Greg has a more curved and undulating hairline, but more aggressive and youthful/juvenile tuna current RDJ. Youthful hairlines don't always to straight across. They can have widows peaks and curves. 

Screenshot_20230308-162954_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-162909_DuckDuckGo.jpg

What downey has maintained are the side/temples. I've seen lots of hts with perfect/amazing straight across density but the temples are receded and they look bad.

The convo sort of degenerated to straight vs convex/concave, something I hadn't really been considering or locked into. Higher convex/irregular is fine with me as lone as I can bring the side/temples in which is really what drives me craziest.

Either of the higher concave/convex which sit significantly above eugenix are fine as long as they maintain the temple/side additions.

Front_Mark_Up_Hairline.jpg

21 minutes ago, Xanadu said:

Interesting topic about hairlines. Personally I think juvenile hairlines (before the onset of puberty and testosterone) look like that to me. Like there is a lack of testosterone. Usually in an 8 year old we know what the reason is, but in an older person it just looks weird with a concave hairline. 

I guess tastes vary. But do some people actually like these concave hairlines? Sure, they look cute in kids, but in a grown up? Here is an example of a guy with somewhat of a concave hairline and it might be natural (?) but it looks anything but good to me. Brolin above has an extremely low hairline, but still very convex with clear male temples. Although Brolin's hairline is extremely low it still looks good.

What do you think of this man's hairline? It is concave. I do wonder how he'd look if he brought down the centre point a few millimetres. But I think most of us would love to have his hair anyway. 

Interested in what OP thinks of this too. 

1 minute ago, ready4Hair said:

What downey has maintained are the side/temples. I've seen lots of hts with perfect/amazing straight across density but the temples are receded and they look bad.

The convo sort of degenerated to straight vs convex/concave, something I hadn't really been considering or locked into. Higher convex/irregular is fine with me as lone as I can bring the side/temples in which is really what drives me craziest.

Either of the higher concave/convex which sit significantly above eugenix are fine as long as they maintain the temple/side additions.

Front_Mark_Up_Hairline.jpg

The good thing is temples give you the most bang for your buck of any area. You would only need a few hundred grafts for them. A high hairline with strong temples can look great. 

1 minute ago, Rafael Manelli said:

What do you think of this man's hairline? It is concave. I do wonder how he'd look if he brought down the centre point a few millimetres. But I think most of us would love to have his hair anyway. 

Well no one here would reject this hair :)  But it would still look amazing even it it were a little concave no? Why? Because a) temples and be the midline and crown are full too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

He has a handsome face and everything going for him. His hairline is not one of these things. Of course it looks quite good and young, but I certainly think it could be better by being more convex. It would send a (subconscious) message "adult male", and from an evolutionary psychology point of view that would be a good thing. However, he is still young and could be 20-30 years old, so it's still not weird. If someone wants an extremely low hairline as an adult (which I'm not sure always looks good - for one thing because many have forehead muscles that would make it impossible) that also looks good 40/50 and above and not look too androgynous, then I think Brolin's hairline is just about the optimum. 

This discussion reminds me of how men think that women want in men what men want in women - and women also think that men want in women what women want in men. Both are mostly wrong. 

Edited by Xanadu

11 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

I'm betting the density of red line would generate a better result than a less dense blue hairline.

It might do, just depends on your donor. It is the safer and cheaper option and may still give you a great look. 

3 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

How about this? 

Screenshot_20230308-185026_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That works too :)

I'm  betting my old hairline was right where my current one ends. Which again puts a lot of stock in temple/side construction and front density vs lowering it. Never had a straight across convex one anyway :)

20230222_184811.jpg

Just now, Rafael Manelli said:

I'm not here to recommend this Dr because I don't know him, but I like his hairline and style. It's high, but the temples are closed in making it narrow and not look huge. 

Alvi Armani, there's a blast from the past. I first got interested in HTs (which I always thought prior were pluggy jokes) when Armani took an ad out in the NY Times and showed some exceptional work. No idea what happened to him. Yes it is nice. I really think my Hasson visit idea the best so far.

Unless anyone can suggest a good HT doc in NY who might be willing to meet me, do in depth donor assessment and hairline assessment, even for a fee?

12 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Feller and Bloxham. Great Neck, New York.

They are a FUT clinic but they will do donor assessment and all that jazz. Highly recommend. Excellent YouTube channel too. 

Contacted them but Holy F $10 a graft for FUE???

• Haha 1

@Rafael Manelli @NegativeNorwood @Melvin- Moderator

Ok, I got my report from Dr. Feriduni (based on pics):

Reconstruction of zone 1 + 2 + 3 + 5v Technique(s):

FUE Number of follicular units: 2800 — 3400 FU in a single day session (FUE)

Dr. Feriduni always takes facial proportions into account when he creates a hairline so the new hairline will harmonize with the facial features of the patient and will be well positioned in the face. (see information 'rule of thirds')

Dr. Feriduni creates micro- and macro irregularities in the hairline to attain a natural aspect. He also follows the natural angle and implantation of the hair.

The importance of frontal hair volume is essential in order to achieve a natural aspect and to reframe the patient's face.

The density zone requires the highest amount of FU/cm².

Due to the dilution of your crown area it is recommended to opt for a conservative hairline design. We would need too many follicular units to create an aggressive hairline design. Follicular units that we might need to restore your crown area. 

Using 3,400 as the baseline, his cost is ~$15k USD with the VAT.  Dr. Hasson is $24k USD. Eugenixs is ~$16k with taxes/etc.

So of course question 1 is Dr. Hasson worth the extra 50% ($9k, and his quoted costs don't include taxes/etc).

As for Eugenixs, since I can get a top European Dr. for the same price, the question becomes a) is there a reason to choose them over Dr. Feriduni b) do I trust their hairline since now Lorenzo, Feriduni and Hasson all agree the hairline they drew is too aggressive.  And I agree with Dr. Feriduni that density is more important then height.

Dr. F suggests an in person so now to me the choice seems to be to fly NY>Vancouver to see Hasson or NY>Belgium to see Feriduni and use the in-person evaluation for either.

But Eugenix seems out since there doesn't seem to be a benefit, and at the end of the day I don't know them or Dr. Bansal well, but in fact had Dr. F on my shortlist 8 years back or so. 

And not so sure I can make a good case for close to $10k extra for Dr. Hasson/Wong.

Time to research Dr. Feriduni a little more it looks like :)

• Like 1

• Administrators

Those are all great names. I think it comes down to who’s hairline you like better. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What you need is an in person consultation. You need to narrow down the variables and speculation, and get a firm grip on exactly how much balding you have, how many grafts would be needed for X hairline or Y hairline, and most importantly how thick your donor is and how many grafts you have available and the caliber of those hairs in microns.