Dr. Sethi vs Dr. Bansai

59 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Well, got my answer back. Remember first assessment for just the front with the new hairline they recommended based on dry pics was 2700 grafts. New assessment with wet hair shots, request for top/crown as well and temple points is 4800.  

Which makes total sense given the addition of the crown/temple, the reassessment from NW III to IIIV and my mock-ups which make me look like a Boy Band member :)

What concerns me is they are discussing proposed harvest of 1300 from beard which I really don't want to do. Don't know much about it but the back is luxuious/full and not so in to beard harvesting. I guess for temples?

Certainly getting up there in cost for a transplant in India but still 50% more for Hasson or Vorhies.

No reply from Feriduni yet.

Asked Eugenix if a) we can do w/o beard and b) if in fact the mock-ups were realistic with 4800. I've seen stellar results iwth NW6 and NW7 with that many grafts...

"the reassessment from NW III to IIIV and" 

IIIV..... what is this? NW8? This roman number doesn't exist mate, but I guess you mean NW IV?

1 hour ago, ready4Hair said:

Well, got my answer back. Remember first assessment for just the front with the new hairline they recommended based on dry pics was 2700 grafts. New assessment with wet hair shots, request for top/crown as well and temple points is 4800.  

Which makes total sense given the addition of the crown/temple, the reassessment from NW III to IIIV and my mock-ups which make me look like a Boy Band member :)

What concerns me is they are discussing proposed harvest of 1300 from beard which I really don't want to do. Don't know much about it but the back is luxuious/full and not so in to beard harvesting. I guess for temples?

Certainly getting up there in cost for a transplant in India but still 50% more for Hasson or Vorhies.

No reply from Feriduni yet.

Asked Eugenix if a) we can do w/o beard and b) if in fact the mock-ups were realistic with 4800. I've seen stellar results iwth NW6 and NW7 with that many grafts...

Beard should never be used for temple points 

id be surprised if you needed beard.

Hey how do you add quote to a reply?

I said I'd prefer no beard, he said it is only for crown, mixed in, they have good experience doing that. Said ok but if we do it my preference is as much as possible from scalp. He said they like to preserve donor hair said this is a one-shot deal for me.

At the bottom of my post there should be a button that says quote.

I think beard would work fine but also be unnecessary for you, but an in person evaluation would be best to decide.

I see no reason you should need more than one surgery, unless you keep losing hair after it

11 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

At the bottom of my post there should be a button that says quote.

I think beard would work fine but also be unnecessary for you, but an in person evaluation would be best to decide.

I see no reason you should need more than one surgery, unless you keep losing hair after it

Yeah I saw the button, didn't realize it added a Quote box to select on the bottom right.

So question for you and @NegativeNorwood and I guess @Melvin- Moderator and anyone else:

Since $24k is getting bit rich for my blood, how bad would it be to just do the temples and front as shown and leave out the crown for now (maybe second HT a year from now). Does anyone just do front/temple in III Vertex?

Just now, ready4Hair said:

Yeah I saw the button, didn't realize it added a Quote box to select on the bottom right.

So question for you and @NegativeNorwood and I guess @Melvin- Moderator and anyone else:

Since $24k is getting bit rich for my blood, how bad would it be to just do the temples and front as shown and leave out the crown for now (maybe second HT a year from now). Does anyone just do front/temple in III Vertex?

Any good surgeon will be able to do jusr front and temples. You could simply tell eugenix you don't want to do the crown. They will respect it. 

• Administrators

I think you should be conservative, I get you got a younger lady, but the truth is your never gonna look the same age. I think the corners recessed back would look better and save you money.

77845EE5-3189-4BF8-973E-0AFCB5B8D21C.jpeg

10DAD170-963D-49A6-A7C9-E0600B84E11A.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

25 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Dr Das from Eugenix is really good and would be much less $. Maybe something for you to consider?

22 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think you should be conservative, I get you got a younger lady, but the truth is your never gonna look the same age. I think the corners recessed back would look better and save you money.

Definitely would look better imo.

You should do the temples too, because they are always the first to receede. So recreating your hairline without taking the temples into account would look unnatural.

Here's a post by Juan Couto, one of the world's best hair transplant surgeons, explaining it in detail:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgUForkKoM1/

"Rebuilding the temples with absolute NATURALNESS,
MAKES the difference between a good procedure and an EXTRAORDINARY one.

Dr. COUTO considers it MANDATORY to rebuild the temples
when they are receded by more than 25% if the hairline is advanced,
because both (temples and hairline) naturally recede simultaneously.

The TEMPLE PEAKS define the lateral frame of the forehead,
and are essential to return the hairline to its most NATURAL appearance.

Temple peaks NEVER recede WITHOUT receding THE HAIRLINE FIRST, so restoring
the hairline and not the temple peaks definitely provides an unnatural result.

In MOST MEN, the right corner advances more than the left corner,
and of course this also happens in temples, which generates
an ASYMMETRY in the lateral frame of the forehead that
the doctor recommends to be restored."

Even if you get a hairline that is higher set than the one Eugenix suggested (like the one @Melvin- Moderator drew), you have to get temples done too for it to look 100% natural.

• Like 1

"Mature hairline" is euphemism for balding.

47 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Hmm, mocked that up too. Don't like as much, I guess the benefit is denser. FYI not doing it for the younger girl per se, she doesn't care one way or another. In fact sine she is taller she said if anything do the crown since it is what i se most often ;) (she is a hoot that one).

Here are side by side mock-ups, I MUCH prefer the more aggressive side one at least. But since I touched up mid and crown on that...front2.jpg.3b28247fc8ea2922d8d26720de9ed69f.jpg

temple2.png

Side_Mock-Up.png

touchiup.png

Edited by ready4Hair

19 minutes ago, NegativeNorwood said:

You should do the temples too, because they are always the first to receede. So recreating your hairline without taking the temples into account would look unnatural.

Here's a post by Juan Couto, one of the world's best hair transplant surgeons, explaining it in detail:

Even if you get a hairline that is higher set than the one Eugenix suggested (like the one @Melvin- Moderator drew), you have to get temples done too for it to look 100% natural.

Totally agree, I always was 100% on temples, I hate most HTs I see without them.

Heree is @Melvin- Moderator front hairline with temples. Man too bad can't use photoshop to do hair transplants.

• Like 1

I don’t think you need temple work. Just focus on the front part and save grafts and money. Your temples look fine for your age and if you make them too they will look aggressive. Think that temples are also a bit difficult to look natural..so they may need a touch up again 

You could also consider dr Das from Eugenix for your case. She is more a budget option but still a good and safe one that will save you a lot money in order to fill your crown next year or do it at the same time with the front. 

Edited by Belve

11 minutes ago, Belve said:

I don’t think you need temple work. Just focus on the front part and save grafts and money. Your temples look fine for your age and if you make them too they will look aggressive. Think that temples are also a bit difficult to look natural..so they may need a touch up again 

You could also consider dr Das from Eugenix for your case. She is more a budget option but still a good and safe one that will save you a lot money in order to fill your crown next year or do it at the same time with the front. 

I definitely want temples, 'age' aside. I look young for my age and live a very young lifestyle (starting a new business I've worked on for years, hiring people, travel, enjoying NYC nightlife and theater and such with dynamic active friends, fit and getting fitter in fact most gyms outperform 30somethings) so not looking for a white picket fence retiring anytime soon look :) I think temples are key.

But Dr. Das huh? Dr. Das allows me to get the entire 4800 shebang tax and fees for under $15k which becomes immenintley doable. I'll have to look up his (her?) work. Any examples you care to share? Thanks for the heads up.

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

Hmm, mocked that up too. Don't like as much, I guess the benefit is denser. FYI not doing it for the younger girl per se, she doesn't care one way or another. In fact sine she is taller she said if anything do the crown since it is what i se most often ;) (she is a hoot that one).

Here are side by side mock-ups, I MUCH prefer the more aggressive side one at least. But since I touched up mid and crown on that...front2.jpg.3b28247fc8ea2922d8d26720de9ed69f.jpg

temple2.png

Side_Mock-Up.png

touchiup.png

The aggressive one will look silly with a thin crown. No one has that low of a hairline and has a thinning crown. You have to do what’s best for what you can afford and your donor supply. If there was infinite donor and money, sure go more aggressive. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The aggressive one will look silly with a thin crown. No one has that low of a hairline and has a thinning crown. You have to do what’s best for what you can afford and your donor supply. If there was infinite donor and money, sure go more aggressive. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case. 

One reason Dr. Das seems like a good alternative if their results warrant it. That puts me back at reasonable/expected cost for the full 4800 aggressive/temples/crown.

Edited by ready4Hair

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, ready4Hair said:

One reason Dr. Das seems like a good alternative if their results warrant it. That puts me back at reasonable/expected cost for the full 4800 aggressive/temples/crown.

Look up her results on here, one popular case is @NARMAK

View my thread

2 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

But Dr. Das huh? Dr. Das allows me to get the entire 4800 shebang tax and fees for under $15k which becomes immenintley doable. I'll have to look up his (her?) work. Any examples you care to share? Thanks for the heads up.

you can find results of Dr Das on the link below:

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/search/?q=das&quick=1

3 hours ago, NegativeNorwood said:

He doesn't absolutely need to do temples, because he already has them. Here's how he'd look with receded, highly receded and super receded temple points:

Anyway, I think he should still get the temple points done because it would look nice. But your own quote from Couto says they only need to be done if receded more than 25%. Are they? I'm not convinced. 

20230303_000112.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ready4Hair said:

temple2.png

Side_Mock-Up.png

touchiup.png

The benefit of increased density on a more conservative hairline is only if there is insufficient donor to get high density on the aggressive line. 

I think you have enough donor to get high density even with the aggressive lines. 

24 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

He doesn't absolutely need to do temples, because he already has them. Here's how he'd look with receded, highly receded and super receded temple points:

Anyway, I think he should still get the temple points done because it would look nice. But your own quote from Couto says they only need to be done if receded more than 25%. Are they? I'm not convinced. 

20230303_000112.jpg

It isn't the vertical per se it is the angle that works so nicely.