Stop calling hairlines "juvenile", "mature" or "age appropiate"

10 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Yes native Americans seem to be among the only groups 'free from the curse', so to speak. I recognise that man you posted but can't recall his name. Insanely thick hair. If you saw that hair on a white man you'd think it were a wig. 

anyone else noticed people with very low/small foreheads dont seem to bald, see every south american indian and people like ronald reagan or ryan paul?

people with natural taller foreheads seem to bald more with exceptions like michael douglas

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

anyone else noticed people with very low/small foreheads dont seem to bald, see every south american indian and people like ronald reagan or ryan paul?

people with natural taller foreheads seem to bald more with exceptions like michael douglas

I’ve always thought there’s some correlation to how much hair you have as a baby vs. when you get older. Again, a Native American baby full head of hair. Hairline quite low.

image.jpeg

When I was a baby I was a Norwood 4. Hairline looked like Sting, and my forehead you could project a kids TV show on. 

A6407B70-D75E-4A1E-88A9-3FDEE1EE4F1A.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I’ve always thought there’s some correlation to how much hair you have as a baby vs. when you get older. Again, a Native American baby full head of hair. Hairline quite low.

image.jpeg

When I was a baby I was a Norwood 4. Hairline looked like Sting, and my forehead you could project a kids TV show on. 

For some reason I’m getting the mental image of toddlers dressed in suits talking with manly voices on their phones, asking their secretaries to book them in for transplants to fix their Norwood level 😂

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

I have a theory that the pattern we have as newborns is the one after many years we are going to have as adults( after mpb kicks in or not)

In a full circle kind of way

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 minute ago, MattJosh said:

I have a theory that the pattern we have as newborns is the one after many years we are going to have as adults( after mpb kicks in or not)

In a full circle kind of way

I have the same theory. Is there anyone on this board that was born with a full head of hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I think this entire argument is pretty stupid really. What's the difference whether you call it a mature hair line or NW 2. It means the same thing. If a Dr tells you he thinks it's better not to do a hair transplant because he says you have a nice, mature hair line and you tell him "No. I'm a NW 2", he is not going to change his mind. He will just say "Right. a NW 2 is a mature, adult hairline. You don't have any real loss".

16 hours ago, mister_25 said:

To me the term "mature hairline" doesn't mean "not balding". Its more of a point where your hairline is balding but currently not at a point that is working against you aesthetically. Its often used to downplay the sense of urgency that people have for HTs and rightfully so, just not the answer that provides a logical reason as to why they shouldn't have a HT at 25 at NW2.

These arguments have nothing to do with mainstream use of the term. The average person will never visit a hair loss forum let alone consult with a HT surgeon. 

As I’m typing this some balding 19 year old is out there convincing himself he’s growing into a “mature hairline” and he’ll be joining here in 5 years frantically booking a trip to Turkey. 27D60BBD-49CF-4A3B-8551-6A85155740A1.thumb.jpeg.8791fbf747036305b96253c1ec5f38f1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

there is this old youtube video that also theorizes this and it makes sense, some guy basically said when your a baby the hair and shape your born with with be how you look when older

I prefer the terms "aggressive hairline" or "conservative" as a concern to make the best use if the donor has limitations, however some candidates have more than enough and choose conservative hairline over aggressive\"NW0" hairline from a personal choice.

I don't like to determine for others what is "youthful" or what is a beauty, in consultations we always explain what it takes to gain both results, additionally aggressive can be determine by how much the donor is rich and thick, for instance you can achieve NW0 hairline with 40 hairs per sq cm and some candidates can achieve the same hairline style more aggressively with 50 hairs per sq cm, furthermore in some cases you start place double grafts instead single grafts from the 3rd cm behind the hairline to gain more aggressive bold hairline yet natural.

Some grown men at age 40-50 don't have hairloss, but the skin and muscle forehead can change and look bigger so it may look they became NW1 (maybe slightly NW2), but it's a hairloss issue, skin changes over the years, I have experience also with coordinating plastic surgeons, for example if a candidate intrested in a rhinoplasty procedure asking "Will my result will stay forever" I explain that the procedure effect will always stay, but the nose skin and structure will change over the years with our without a surgery.

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.