Dr. Bruno Ferreira | 1288 grafts | Jan 2023 | Hairline and temple points | Norwood 2

Anthropos

On 3/18/2023 at 6:14 AM, Syn187 said:

@AnthroposDo you know how much Dr. Ferreira charges per graft these days?

From what I remember reading, he increased his price yet again this year, now to 3.5 euro 😩 

Previously he was at 3 euro per graft in 2022 and 2.5 in 2021.

Edited by ML488
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm 2 month and 5 days post surgery.

Here are pictures of the temples and temples points.

Nothing much is happening. Shedding has stopped and redness is slightly vanishing as well as the little purple dots on the temple points. I still have some pimples sometimes.

I started using a laser cap but they say results are visible after 16 weeks of use.

Have a nice week-end!

4.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,
Thanks for your input. I understand the concerns. That's why I chose Dr. Ferreira, because he was the most conservative in his proposal and was the only one who mentioned the age question and warned me to stay on Finasteride. My hairloss was really affecting me and I could not wait much longer.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Anthropos said:

Hi,
Thanks for your input. I understand the concerns. That's why I chose Dr. Ferreira, because he was the most conservative in his proposal and was the only one who mentioned the age question and warned me to stay on Finasteride. My hairloss was really affecting me and I could not wait much longer.

IMO you made a smart decision and are on track for a great result.

Addressing the issue of age. We judge ourselves by guys of a similar age. A 50+ guy with a NW2/NW3 will feel they are ahead of the pack, yet a 25yo will feel they have aged prematurely. It's not that hair loss is unimportant to older guys, it's just an accepted part of the ageing process.

Your approach to top up the weak areas while maintaining existing areas(meds) is spot on. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm at 3 months post-op now.

I feel like it's starting to grow. Redness is still fading. My skin always takes some time to heal so I'm not worried about that.

I'm happy about my donor. I went to the hairdresser yesterday and she was amazed because she couldn't see anything. Keep in mind that my camera make things a little more dramatic, I don't see the big white spot in the middle of my donor, I think it's just the light (and also my hair is very straight so with the angle it can appear like that).

It's funny to see that the transplanted hair takes the characteristics of the hair in the recipient area. You can see some hair with very dark endings then, when they grow, they have a softer color. You can see that on picture "Left 1".

I can't wait to see the final result.

Donor.jpg

Right2.jpg

Right1.jpg

Left2.jpg

Left1.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update. 

Please find my update at 6 month.

I really saw an improvement between month 5 and 6.

All images, except one, are taken with wet hair and direct light on to have the best idea of the progress so far.

It always looks worse on camera than in real life

I'm still waiting for the 12-months results but I feel that I will need a touch-up. For example, the bottom of the left side temple point has not been implanted I and I would like it to go lower like on the right side.

But so far I'm quite pleased with the improvement and I definitely think less about my hair than before, which is a huge relief.

Have a nice week-end !

Front-dry-resized.jpg

Front-wet-resized.jpg

Right-down-resized.jpg

Left-down-resized.jpg

Left-up-resized.jpg

Right-up-resized.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

9 hours ago, Anthropos said:

All images, except one, are taken with wet hair and direct light on to have the best idea of the progress so far.

I'm still waiting for the 12-months results but I feel that I will need a touch-up. For example, the bottom of the left side temple point has not been implanted I and I would like it to go lower like on the right side.

But so far I'm quite pleased with the improvement and I definitely think less about my hair than before, which is a huge relief.

Have a nice week-end !

Front-dry-resized.jpg

Front-wet-resized.jpg

Right-down-resized.jpg

Left-down-resized.jpg

Left-up-resized.jpg

Right-up-resized.jpg

This looks stunning!!! Naturalness at its finest!
I understand your concern regarding the left temple point, but I can also see little vellus hairs at the lower angle where the doctor did not implant grafts. I don’t know if your are on minoxidil at the moment (I read you stopped it), but I surely think they may thicken up with minoxidil. Think about it.

I’m excited to see your result at 12 months, since I’m kinda in the same situation as you: Norwood 2, 24 years old, on finasteride since when I was 20 and at the moment Dr Ferreira is my number 1 choice.

I love Dr Ferreira’s work, especially the hairline framing he usually gives with the added natural temple points, and I think he’s second to anyone in this industry, especially in Europe. 

I’m sure you will be satisfied at 1 year mark. Hope you’ll se a lot more growth in the coming months 😉

It looks very good and dense / natural already.

Looking at this photo:
0023.thumb.jpg.4f12bcce9c1795baf2cf288fb

I wonder if part of the reason it looks so good is because the transplanted hair sections aren't completely bald?
They have thinned a lot, but there is natural hair still growing there also.

• Valued Contributor

@Anthropos

Coming in nicely ..it is looking super natural imo...it is almost matching the naturalness of the hairs you already had in the center...both the transplanted sides are in sync with the centre....we and you will be thrilled after seeing the full result ...keep updating brother ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

• Administrators
On 8/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, Anthropos said:

Have a nice week-end !

Front-dry-resized.jpg

Front-wet-resized.jpg

Right-down-resized.jpg

Left-down-resized.jpg

Left-up-resized.jpg

Right-up-resized.jpg

It looks fantastic. The one minor critique would be the temple points. They could be staggered a little more. But overall it looks fantastic 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Anthropos said:

I guess I definitely will need a touch-up :(

You shouldn't feel bad. It looks good overall. This is just a minor nitpick. I'm sure Dr. Ferreria will take care of that for you. It's not very difficult. It shouldn't take a long time or take up many grafts.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.