Dr. Bruno Ferreira | 1288 grafts | Jan 2023 | Hairline and temple points | Norwood 2

Anthropos

On 9/10/2023 at 2:06 PM, hairman4321 said:

I'm surprised by your comment, are you not happy with your hair? looks great to me

I definitely feel much better than before and I'm overall very happy of the surgery. The implanted hair matches the native hair very well. Zero regret. It's just some comments about that made me doubt a little.

Regarding the temple points, Dr. Ferreira says "we can add a few finer hairs if we can find them to make them a bit more irregular, but they are certainly not unnatural-looking".

He also says "I do see a little darker “line” along the hair insertion that may give an illusion of a straight hair insertion. This may be due to the roots of the thicker hair." I guess it's because my skin is pale and thin, which may increase the contrast. But maybe the hair will get a little thinner after some time.

He wants me to wait the final result to take a decision, which is the wise thing to do.

I'll try to post an update at the end of the month for the 8-months mark.

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Anthropos said:

I definitely feel much better than before and I'm overall very happy of the surgery. The implanted hair matches the native hair very well. Zero regret. It's just some comments about that made me doubt a little.

Regarding the temple points, Dr. Ferreira says "we can add a few finer hairs if we can find them to make them a bit more irregular, but they are certainly not unnatural-looking".

He also says "I do see a little darker “line” along the hair insertion that may give an illusion of a straight hair insertion. This may be due to the roots of the thicker hair." I guess it's because my skin is pale and thin, which may increase the contrast. But maybe the hair will get a little thinner after some time.

He wants me to wait the final result to take a decision, which is the wise thing to do.

I'll try to post an update at the end of the month for the 8-months mark.

That’s great, yea, I think a few fine hairs to stagger it and make it more irregular would make a big difference. I agree, it’s not unnatural looking.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Anthropos, I think your results look excellent. I don’t see anything to complain about. Probably you‘re just being too fussy about it. 

Can I please ask you how long did you have to wait for the consultation and then for the actual appointment to get the surgery. I was put on his waiting list for consultation 2 months ago but radio silence since then. 

Thanks a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 7:24 AM, Anthropos said:

Hello everyone, sorry for the late update. 

Please find my update at 6 month.

I really saw an improvement between month 5 and 6.

All images, except one, are taken with wet hair and direct light on to have the best idea of the progress so far.

It always looks worse on camera than in real life

I'm still waiting for the 12-months results but I feel that I will need a touch-up. For example, the bottom of the left side temple point has not been implanted I and I would like it to go lower like on the right side.

But so far I'm quite pleased with the improvement and I definitely think less about my hair than before, which is a huge relief.

Have a nice week-end !

Front-dry-resized.jpg

Front-wet-resized.jpg

Right-down-resized.jpg

Left-down-resized.jpg

Left-up-resized.jpg

Right-up-resized.jpg

Ferreira's patients at 6 months looks like other surgeons at 9 months. 

Also don't feel self conscious about your temples because someone made a comment. Ferreira does like those deeper and more angular temple points, but it's totally within the range of what's normal. Less angular than Eugenix but much more angular than Konior or Couto. There are surgeons like Hasson or de Freitas that usually don't even build temples. Yours look fine. 

I hope you come back and provide an update!

• 2 months later...

This looks good! From my point of view the design is too conservative. but maybe you didnt wanted more or you couldnt afford an agressive hairline. Anyways as procedure looks excellent. If you want now to go more agressive in those temples then cool. im sure Ferreira Will do a great job there.

• 2 months later...

Clean! Awesome to see those single grafts in the hairline the way he has done it. May I ask did he take these from the nape of the neck or disect multi grafts into singles where thinner? 

hoping you post an update with pictures/comb through video. Much appreciated & happy growing 🤝

Greta hairline but temple points could defo be improved (too straight currently). 

IMO a 2nd pass over the whole thing is worth it for an ‘optimal’ result so you can tie that in with the revisit on the temples.