Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

Hello guys, this is my late review, i am giving back to this community, because without hairrestorationnetwork i wouldn't decide to take this crazy journey to India ;) 

At the beginning of 2021 i had an awakeking. At age of 30 years I realised that im fu*king bald 🤣. I learned about Norwood scale and i estimated  that im Norwood 4/5. I heard about finasteride 8 years earlier, but i was early Norwood 2 and decided that taking medications that can cause side effects is not for me.

So because of  my youthful recklessness, in february 2021 i started all-in therapy - finasteride, minoxidil and dermapen. I started to see great results, i was happy. After 6 months i thought that baldness regressed to Norwood 3V, but now i think it regressed more likely to Norwood 4. 

I started doing research about hair transplantation. At first i was considering HT in my own country - Poland. On Polish forum, Dr Przybylski was the most popular. But i was learning more and more about HT, hairlines, importance of temples, single hairs etc. and by loooking at the reviews i understood that level of HT in Poland is poor so i decided to search clinic abroad.  

I found on youtube Dr Couto and i was amazed by his results, especially by his temples work. But he had so many people on waiting list that booking was closed.

And when i typed i youtube "temple hair" or something similar i found video "Is this the Best Hairline Ever recreated? - By Dr Sethi and Dr Bansal". I started to watch all the videos, i was shocked that they provide so much detailed information about HT. Most clinics dont want to educate their patients about correct way of doing HT so they won't complain afterwards 😂 

Finally, i found hairrestorationnetwork.com and by reading reviews learned that results presented by Eugenix are real. At this time Dr Priyadarshini was promoted to Senior, she had few reviews but positive and was gaining popularity and was in my budget. After videochat with her i decided to chose her as lead Surgeon. 

I landed in India week before my procedure, so i could tour for a while, safely see Taj Mahal, Qutb Minar, Red Fort and other tourist attractions. Second day of stay, i visited Eugenix for consultation with Dr Priyadarshini. Dr Das said that she thinks it's not good idea to implant hair on the crown, because it can hurt native hair. Then we talked little about hairline project and i had my first photoshoot (without drawing hairline). 

Then i went back to touring in India and had time to think about upcoming HT. When i got pictures from photoshoot I thought that bottom of the crown looks the weakest and messaged Dr Priyadarshini about this. We decided that we can implant some grafts there carefully. However, today i think that crown had a lot more weaker spots, especially left side. 

On May 3, at the day of the procedure i was in the clinic maybe 10 minutes late, Dr Das was already waiting, but she was chill and gave me a snack bar. Then she started to draw a hairline based on our earlier talks. It was little lower then i expected and i was happy about it. It was little above forehead muscles, perfect. Top line curvature was exactly that i wanted. I only asked about little smoothening of the curvature of the temples, so Dr Priyadarshini made little adjustments. We made photos, saw them on TV screen and decided to start the procedure. 

Procedure lasted for 9 hours including the lunch break, Anil ordered for me some pasta, thanks ;) Dr Das has good sense of humour, so everyhing was chill. At some moment i had my eyes covered to protect from light and i heard somebody entering the room and making weird noises... This mysterious men took of the band from my eyes and it was Dr Sethi himself, he is such a troll 🤣 He had some look on the procedure and disscussed something with the crew. 

First day ended with 2160 grafts implanted, 655 slits for the temples ready for the implantation on the next day and 300 slits for the crown. 

Anil explained to me every important informations, how to sleep, use of saline etc. Then Satyam who was responsible for the logistics, called for the transport to Hilton Hotel. He also helped me too book 2 extra nights at the Hilton with corporate disscount, it was a lot cheaper then standard price. So i stayed total 4 nights after the procedure.

At the Hilton Hotel i had time to look into the mirror and what i figured out? That one temple is little higher then the other. But you can ask @MazAB, You can always add more grafts to the temples 😂 And so Dr Das did, she added 65 more slits for the temples on the second day and i was relieved. "Crazy guy" - she must have thought 😅

She added 51 more slits to the crown, it was her idea 😅, so it was 351 total. Two people were impanting the temples, one man for each, it was finished within hour, all 720 grafts. 

This time, Rajat Sharma was my consigliere, and he is very fast-acting men. I asked him about photos, i got them 2 minutes later, asked him about some locations nearby, he provided detailed information. He has very good vibe and best hairline at the Eugenix 😄 

I am first guy from Poland reviewieng Eugenix, asked them in the clinic about polish patients, they remembered only some women, interesting. 

3514 grafts implanted, let's look at the photos: 

1.1.thumb.JPG.e47926214ccf7811a0ebfd17aa

1.2.thumb.JPG.6e7dcf4e4c5abb935e4f90178c

1.3.thumb.JPG.bc5f968a0eec505145f72b20061.4.thumb.JPG.2a6dd9be2e2623968e439d8814

1.5.thumb.JPG.9af315f578b40917474f5b8be4

1.6.thumb.JPG.52c3e31d76fa7539a27f55f20f

1.7.thumb.JPG.c6cc7f54f749e60a4585a7b2c2

1.9.thumb.JPG.0c245b282f422c0f587d66d4f3

1.thumb.JPG.5f0ae961a9d41550a2c168b2db63

2.thumb.JPG.24da585661a787ab994a82c7a61f

3.thumb.JPG.3224dd9954557d45f060fc280a4b

4.thumb.JPG.9a5e0d11e00c5c7cf0da26b8a390

5.thumb.jpg.c2b11506f77844ead71e1e62574d

6.thumb.JPG.5d8e8608f1e9aceb3e0b07294acb

2.5 months after procedure: 

200.thumb.jpeg.85f05b9fa14dde529b5c9cdd3

201.thumb.jpeg.392a7cc3e81ea4eb9dc3dddc1

202.thumb.jpeg.8bc65348fd55cd599f3ebcdd6

4 months after procedure :

1.thumb.jpeg.fcf83f167107c686656817b1715

4.thumb.jpeg.26a6402e0a54bc0f94e418da68d

5.thumb.jpeg.ffac499843e02969b093c8c5756

6.thumb.jpeg.0747e5856c44ef58dca8e028576

7.thumb.jpeg.9d36716098d684b8eb681cc83c5

8.thumb.jpeg.f6ff241358b783211b203c4f216

5 months :

IMG_8425.thumb.jpg.e69e4f5a35d4a5d1dff3b

IMG_8233.thumb.jpg.be049521969f3c7d8556c

6 months

image3.thumb.jpeg.5afb7a3045d1b97047b4b2

image4.thumb.jpeg.824017f90126deeef27d32

image5.thumb.jpeg.abcdf0bd9988773e3b54bd

image1.thumb.jpeg.aec950e348ea25ad47f6e2

image2.thumb.jpeg.10659d6ac39739e5f42271

image4.thumb.jpeg.ae06648312cffa81e434e0

image3.thumb.jpeg.9c96c6b3e22ecb4fcdc5b3

image2.thumb.jpeg.7077ecc8dc39c30dd546dc

image1.thumb.jpeg.be9bc845d8d23f6770a577

image0.thumb.jpeg.1ecd3e144057f8adc70d58

image5.thumb.jpeg.75c4a62ec26024fdd3d83bimage6.thumb.jpeg.ab21fc1c19ad9ea151928a

jatez.thumb.png.fe5f0c678e178a790bec1dcd

So i am happy about the front. The temples, hairline, it looks amazing. However, I am worried about the sides, specially left side, somehow didn't see this coming.

Now when i look at pretransplant photos it is obvious hat left side was a lot weaker andi think we should'v implanted there some hair too...  

Anyway - my current regime - Minoxidil 5% daily, dutasteride daily (i switched from fin to dutasteride 3 months ago), dermapen 1.5 mm once a week. 

Waiting for your honest insights guys ;) 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
edit
  • Like 2

• Administrators

The temples look amazing. The framing of your face is excellent.

I would’ve preferred the grafts placed more in the midscalp and perhaps a more conservative hairline. Regardless, though, you were always gonna require at least two surgeries to address the front and back. The second procedure should focus solely in the midscalp and crown. 
0ADD945A-A570-4677-8734-18E106753047.jpeg

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
  • Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is a ball-sy restoration for someone with your level of hairloss and your balding pattern. I would have recommended something much more conservative to keep it looking natural. From the side view you can see there is a gap between where you existing hair stops and where the hair transplant begins. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing your journey @GeneralNorwood, looks like switching to Dutasteride has defenitely helped a lot, and perhaps will help restore the mid-scalp, and crown as well since your are on minoxidil and derma-pen! As long as you do not recede in the mid-scalp and crown, you are all set. What is the advise from Eugenix at this stage? Are they advising you to go for round #2?

Edited by ZeeMan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The temples look amazing. The framing of your face is excellent. Do you plan on doing the mid and crown soon? 

26 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

This is a ball-sy restoration for someone with your level of hairloss and your balding pattern. I would have recommended something much more conservative to keep it looking natural. From the side view you can see there is a gap between where you existing hair stops and where the hair transplant begins. 

13 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

Thanks for sharing your journey @GeneralNorwood, looks like switching to Dutasteride has defenitely helped a lot, any perhaps will help restore the mid-scalp, and crown as well since your are on minoxidil and derma-pen! As long as you do not recede in the mid-scalp and crown, you are all set. What is the advise from Eugenix at this stage? Are they advising you to go for round #2?

Yes guys, i know that it is agressive approach, i went full YOLO 😂

However this procedure wasn't so big, keep in mind that 720 grafts were for the temples, and that are thin hair from the neck and above the ear. So i have a lot of grafts in backup and a lot of beard grafts too. And i took into account before procedure that taking dutasteride daily would be necessary and it's not a problem for me. In 2021 i tried dutasteride for few months and it was fine. 

Dr Das is advising to wait couple more months and then we will worry. 

Personally,i think that second procedure will be necessary. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1
  • Well Done 1

6 minutes ago, hockeyman said:

Your temples and hairline look great. Your donor area looks in good shape as well. Did the doctors tell you how many grafts you have left for future procedures?

At least 3000 grafts. And extra grafts from beard.

• Administrators

I had a similar thin area on the sides near the crown area. This last HT definitely addressed that area. It’s definitely necessary. 
6E361CE9-89F1-4B79-AC03-188808B58997.jpeg

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

0ADD945A-A570-4677-8734-18E106753047.jpeg

This is very good comparision that shows it could'v forseen that sides wouldnt keep up with the powerfull transplant on the front, especially left side. 

However at the day of procedure i didn't see this possibility. One can speculate if adding more grafts on the sides in the 1st procedure would be better then adding more grafts in extra procedure. 

Anyway, here are some photos from 2020, when i wasn't taking any medications and didn't care about my baldness 😄

start.png.00368b38491627e68637a3282704d36b.png

baldmen.thumb.png.53bf98b972825d5bc139386c1ccb4aa1.png

And here is comparision between February 2021 when i started finasteride and minoxidil and August 2021 

febaugust.thumb.png.1788669f8f83c4615cd2c2fe33abf2e0.png

536919562_august2021.png.1da1cdf0fc2363de5f7623b20fb092f7.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

wow you are a super responder, hopefully dutasteride will help you further. I have to say those temples look immaculate and Dr Das smashed this case tbh, credit where it's due! You must be so pleased with your new hairline.

• Like 1

My hair transplant Journey with Dr. Freitas

10 hours ago, shiba1985 said:

From the side view you can see there is a gap between where you existing hair stops and where the hair transplant begins. 

True, this is clearly visible on the left side. 

However even if i did more conservative approach, left side would still stand out from the rest 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

7 hours ago, drawdownfx said:

wow you are a super responder, hopefully dutasteride will help you further.

I don't think that there will be much improvement on the crown, mid-scalp and sides. 

Just look at the this comparision, this is not greates quality because it's mirror picture, but photos are in exactly same lighting conditions and angle. 

IMG_9744.jpg.b86362b1266328c15b408e421869788f.jpg

Photo on the left is taken on January 2022 and on the right on December 2022. For me it looks like crown and sides is the same and only visible improvement is transplanted hair. I switched to dutasteride only 3 months ago, so maybe there will be some little changes. There are a lot light, thin hair on the crown, on the sides - vellus hair.  

Edited by GeneralNorwood

Congratulations on the procedure and you're looking pretty fantastic at 6 months. 

Dare i even say, your temple points are looking quite a bit ahead of my own at the 6 months mark lol. 

I agree with others, that the design may seem aggressive but this is a first past and gives a great framing to your face with the temple points. 

You are still using Minoxidil right? Do you also happen to use it on the transplanted hair as well or just on the native areas? 

• Like 1

Very aggressive, but then again you were already committed to a bald look prior. So I think with time you will adjust your needs and wants. Tackle these operations slower while you get more results from Dutasteride. It may save you a few hundred grafts in certain areas. 

Have you ever considered oral minox? It might help your beard and scalp a bit more. That way you can have some stronger beard hairs if you used them on the scalp.

I actually never recommend someone to work on their hairline this aggressive. But im not going to lie it looks nice so far. So thanks for sharing and good luck with your future ops!

• Thanks 1

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

Congratulations on the procedure and you're looking pretty fantastic at 6 months. 

Dare i even say, your temple points are looking quite a bit ahead of my own at the 6 months mark lol. 

I agree with others, that the design may seem aggressive but this is a first past and gives a great framing to your face with the temple points. 

You are still using Minoxidil right? Do you also happen to use it on the transplanted hair as well or just on the native areas? 

Yes, the temples are top notch, Dr Das nailed it.

I am back on minoxidil since 3 months. I am using it mostly at weaker areas, but sometimes maybe some drop falls into transplanted hair. Anyways minoxidil goes into blood system so it should affect all hair in some level. I am using it on beard also. 

I only wish that i was better informed by Eugenix that i will need second procedure. I was so happy about 1 year regrowth on finasteride and minoxidil that i was delusional about real state of my baldness and thought that it will be 1 and done procedure. Now looking at preoperation photos with this aggresive design, i am laughing that i was so blind 🤣

57 minutes ago, Vann said:

Very aggressive, but then again you were already committed to a bald look prior. So I think with time you will adjust your needs and wants

Have you ever considered oral minox? It might help your beard and scalp a bit more. That way you can have some stronger beard hairs if you used them on the scalp.

My needs and wants is that i want to finish what i have started 😂

What dose of oral minox and is it better then topical minox + dermapen? 

The thing i am considering is adding some extra medicine that will cursh even more DHT in the scalp. Maybe pyrilutamide. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

54 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

I am back on minoxidil since 3 months. I am using it mostly at weaker areas, but sometimes maybe some drop falls into transplanted hair. Anyways minoxidil goes into blood system so it should affect all hair in some level. I am using it on beard also. 

I only wish that i was better informed by Eugenix that i will need second procedure. I was so happy about 1 year regrowth on finasteride and minoxidil that i was delusional about real state of my baldness and thought that it will be 1 and done procedure. Now looking at preoperation photos with this aggresive design, i am laughing that i was so blind 🤣

The thing i am considering is adding some extra medicine that will cursh even more DHT in the scalp. Maybe pyrilutamide. 

Honestly, we're sometimes our worst critics and sometimes on hair loss etc. i think we become a little blind and ignore the problem. It's usually why most guys end up losing like 50% of the hair before they realise the issue. 

Personally i said it before, that if i had my temple points, i wouldn't probably have gone for the hair transplant. However, if i could go back in time to 2018, i'd have started medication like Finasteride back then as soon as i could to preserve as much hair as possible and keep what i think is a slight loss in density in my crown area and maybe have been able to hang a little more towards the temple point/sideburn hair. Then i guess if Eugenix came across my radar, i would have gone for the HT for the temple points. 

Well, as i like to say. We don't have time machines lol. Therefore it's on us to do the best we can. That's why i went super aggressive with Dutasteride and also hope it will continue to help. I'm not even 2 years in and through the 10 year Finasteride study, we can tell it continues working for years in responders and i do think you genuinely will keep seeing improvements yourself too. So definitely give it 12-18 months imo before you loom towards going for that 2nd procedure. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

So definitely give it 12-18 months imo before you loom towards going for that 2nd procedure. 

Yes, i won't rush things, dutasteride is my new friend now. Maybe i will wait till this "anagen desynchronisation" on 15 months,  this video scares me 😆

72z580.jpg

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Yes, i won't rush things, dutasteride is my new friend now. Maybe i will wait till this "anagen desynchronisation" on 15 months,  this video scares me 😆

Yeah, the decrease in density for that example wasn't confidence inspiring imo and tbh, whilst i respect Dr Bansal and i am confident the science behind it has merit, i do genuinely question whether maybe a big part of that comes from where the donor hair is extracted from in their phases and then again, i also feel like most hair that's healthy can grow for a long time, and the catagen and telogen phases should only take months, so density shouldn't be severely affected. 

That said, i still wish we get unlimited and cheap clone grafts sooner rather than later. I would rather not deplete a finite donor area and when i do have a chance, i'd actually want to get my donor restocked with all the hair that was extracted and bulk out my density everywhere to match native. I pretty much think that's also everybody else :D

That said, good luck with the journey, looking forwards to seeing the rest and looks like you are on track for a stellar result.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Theres a few different dosages of oral minox which I am not too familiar with. To my understanding majority of people start off with 2.5mg and sometimes go higher but face unwanted side effects as they go higher. Its best to ask your doctor tbh.

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022