Eugenix 3514 grafts (720 on the temples) May 2022 Dr Priyadarshini Das

@GeneralNorwood looking fantastic buddy! I was counting down the days until you would finally post and get to see your results, which are amazing by the way!

Super happy for you and well deserved. Dr Das has really established a name for herself. Love the design, and could not agree more on the temple points and hairline. Absolutely elite all around!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 6:57 PM, MazAB said:

@GeneralNorwood looking fantastic buddy! I was counting down the days until you would finally post and get to see your results, which are amazing by the way!

Super happy for you and well deserved. Dr Das has really established a name for herself. Love the design, and could not agree more on the temple points and hairline. Absolutely elite all around!

Thank you mate, your 1st HT was one of the reasons that i chose Eugenix. 

Now we have pretty similar hairline + temples, of course with some differences ;) 

However it looks like i will have to follow your route and do second HT  in 2023, but in my case on the midscalp+ crown, which now are obviously falling behind the front.

So propably at the end i will have 5000+ grafts done, just like you. 

• Haha 1
  • Well Done 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, MazAB said:

@GeneralNorwood, any more improvements for you buddy? Just curious, because month 7 to 9 was huge difference for me. 

Would love to see updated pics if you can.😉

Yes, there are some improvents in recipient area and i am going to post new pictures in 2 weeks (9 months update). There is no big change in midscalp, where there was not transplantation.

In March, Dr Bisanga is coming to Warsaw, so i scheduled consultation with him. I think it's great oportunity to talk with such experienced doctor like Bisanga and get advice regarding further steps. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

On 1/19/2023 at 5:27 PM, MazAB said:

Would love to see updated pics if you can.😉

Ok @MazAB, i did today some pictures in bathroom lighting so im posting it. Previously to show progress i only used pictures in daylight, so now maybe some with artificial light. I have 3 lights in bathroom, so it's well-litt. In 2 weeks im posting 9 monhts pictures in daylight, as promised. 

image0.thumb.jpeg.46833703088fd860ad48da4b185cb7d2.jpeg

Surprise, I got curls again like in highschool 😂

image1.thumb.jpeg.668cab3798ce97b9506298ffd7226eb0.jpeg

image2.thumb.jpeg.c09ed2fcc5c02524a5f5fa1b38bad062.jpeg

Midscalp and crown are not able to compete with powerful frontal curly hair. (i suggest to right click on the picture and open it in  new tab to see it in best resolution)

image3.thumb.jpeg.46fcb9b2ca62155db9f545a0d596a910.jpegimage4.thumb.jpeg.5d1b62807dcb5608c279ce3b2870b3ce.jpeg

Left profile contrast between frontal hair and midscalp hair is the worst issue for me. 

IMG_4298.thumb.jpg.cc7583be23108adf3ef2629476aed6e7.jpg

Yeah, i know that some of you think that this hairline is to aggressive. But i like it 😄

image5.thumb.jpeg.dd58660026d3a2d014d1d6f50c73b49f.jpeg

Donor at the back looks like is ready for another HT 😅

I think second HT will be more difficult, because on midscalp and crown i have a lot of miniaturised hair that are not so much pigmented as hair in the donor or freshly created frontal hairline. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 2

My gosh ..you’ve got a “knock yourself out Doctor “ donor …the only obstacle in the way now is time …..and a surgeon you’re comfy with .

Everything else is in place 

Good luck 

Edited by Zoomster
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting @GeneralNorwood. Great shots that perfectly put on display the close to end results for you!

Such a great result here and as good as anyone could expect after their 1st procedure. Your temple points and hairline are definitely elite bro! Perfectly framed and balanced to your face with incredible naturalism. 

I had wavy curly hair back when I was in High School as well, but I found the curls and directional growth after the 1st procedure was far more extreme than what I had back in my mid teens. I have been taming it with hair product to control the wild hair. However, now after the 2nd procedure I'm starting to find that with the added density the hair is far better supported with more weight and volume, and the wavy, kinkiness is very quickly fading away and becoming a lot more controllable for me. It looks, feels almost 100% of the texture and wavy flow my hair had when I was a kid.

I loved the results of my 1st procedure, but trust me when I tell you that a 2nd one will be worth ever dime spent for you.

You look like a million bucks now, but with a second procedure you'll be a billionaire bro. Congrats! 😉💪

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Ok @MazAB, i did today some pictures in bathroom lighting so im posting it. Previously to show progress i only used pictures in daylight, so now maybe some with artificial light. I have 3 lights in bathroom, so it's well-litt. In 2 weeks im posting 9 monhts pictures in daylight, as promised. 

image0.thumb.jpeg.46833703088fd860ad48da4b185cb7d2.jpeg

Surprise, I got curls again like in highschool 😂

image1.thumb.jpeg.668cab3798ce97b9506298ffd7226eb0.jpeg

image2.thumb.jpeg.c09ed2fcc5c02524a5f5fa1b38bad062.jpeg

Midscalp and crown are not able to compete with powerful frontal curly hair. (i suggest to right click on the picture and open it in  new tab to see it in best resolution)

image3.thumb.jpeg.46fcb9b2ca62155db9f545a0d596a910.jpegimage4.thumb.jpeg.5d1b62807dcb5608c279ce3b2870b3ce.jpeg

Left profile contrast between frontal hair and midscalp hair is the worst issue for me. 

IMG_4298.thumb.jpg.cc7583be23108adf3ef2629476aed6e7.jpg

Yeah, i know that some of you think that this hairline is to aggressive. But i like it 😄

image5.thumb.jpeg.dd58660026d3a2d014d1d6f50c73b49f.jpeg

Donor at the back looks like is ready for another HT 😅

I think second HT will be more difficult, because on midscalp and crown i have a lot of miniaturised hair that are not so much pigmented as hair in the donor or freshly created frontal hairline. 

Wow Awesome results congratulations mate🍾🥂 ..btw when did you started noticing hair thickening?!

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, MazAB said:

Thanks for posting @GeneralNorwood. Great shots that perfectly put on display the close to end results for you!

Such a great result here and as good as anyone could expect after their 1st procedure. Your temple points and hairline are definitely elite bro! Perfectly framed and balanced to your face with incredible naturalism. 

I had wavy curly hair back when I was in High School as well, but I found the curls and directional growth after the 1st procedure was far more extreme than what I had back in my mid teens. I have been taming it with hair product to control the wild hair. However, now after the 2nd procedure I'm starting to find that with the added density the hair is far better supported with more weight and volume, and the wavy, kinkiness is very quickly fading away and becoming a lot more controllable for me. It looks, feels almost 100% of the texture and wavy flow my hair had when I was a kid.

I loved the results of my 1st procedure, but trust me when I tell you that a 2nd one will be worth ever dime spent for you.

You look like a million bucks now, but with a second procedure you'll be a billionaire bro. Congrats! 😉💪

Yeah, in High school everybody in my class had long hair and nobody cared about styling it, hair products, shampoos, it was wild. 

Now i noticed that i have some control over my curls. I can wash my hear, then slick back wet hair and use hair dryer while combing back with brush. In this way i can achieve straight hair. Though messing with hair, being chaotic with them while drying will provide curly look. I wonder how my hair will behave after 2 HT.  

On 1/22/2023 at 7:07 PM, Madhur Vansil said:

Wow Awesome results congratulations mate🍾🥂 ..btw when did you started noticing hair thickening?!

I think biggest thickening started around month 5. Now i think it's maximal level, but i don't know scientific studies that show when hair achieves maximal diameter. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood

• 2 weeks later...

Superb design and result, this is just about the best hairline you could have asked for. Personally I think it makes sense to prioritise the front aesthetically, but you clearly have enough donor for another procedure anyway. Temple points are strong and fierce, I notice one has more of a concave angle and one is more convex, which is interesting. Eugenix is known for less symmetrical designs, which mimic nature.

And nice to see a result with blond hair. Just a great result overall. Did you learn your hair caliber in microns? 

Also do you think you'll post HD closeups of the hairline and temples?

Edited by Rafael Manelli
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Rafael Manelli said:

Superb design and result, this is just about the best hairline you could have asked for. Personally I think it makes sense to prioritise the front aesthetically, but you clearly have enough donor for another procedure anyway. Temple points are strong and fierce, I notice one has more of a concave angle and one is more convex, which is interesting. Eugenix is known for less symmetrical designs, which mimic nature.

And nice to see a result with blond hair. Just a great result overall. Did you learn your hair caliber in microns? 

Also do you think you'll post HD closeups of the hairline and temples?

Dr Arika said in one of the newest videos something like "If you want to go aggressive in the front, do it in first procedure". It makes total sense.

Yes, the temples have different angles and i never disputed it. Assymetry is on purpose to give natural effect, i think it's good idea. I only changed temporal points to be on the same level, because in first design they were on different levels. 

I dont know my hair calibre and yes i will post soon more photos in different lighting, closeups too. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

I think it makes sense to go aggressive in the first procedure instead of going conservative and then bringing the hairline down later, because if you do the latter you've effectively wasted all those fine singles and graduation in a region that's not the final hairline. I don't know if that's her explanation but I'll see if I can find the video. 

Edit: can't find the video. Can you please link it? 

Edited by Rafael Manelli

I believe she said it in the video they did on me, LOL! If I could go back and do it again, I'd go a lot more aggressive on the 1st go. I do definitely agree that too many rows of fine singles is never a good idea. It ended up working out for me, but much better off just nailing it on the 1st design and building of that later with added density. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I think it makes sense to go aggressive in the first procedure instead of going conservative and then bringing the hairline down later, because if you do the latter you've effectively wasted all those fine singles and graduation in a region that's not the final hairline. I don't know if that's her explanation but I'll see if I can find the video. 

True, being economical in using grafts is good argument. Another point is if you go agressive in 1st procedure with density around 40 grafts/cm2 , you can decide to improve density in second procedure to 50-55 grafts/cm2(for example)  withouth changing level of hairline. But if you go conservative and in second procedure you will lower hairline and in this lower hairline you will implant 40 grafts/cm2, then after second procedure it's possible that you think that you need third procedure to improve this new hairline which has 40 grafts/cm2. 

20 minutes ago, MazAB said:

I believe she said it in the video they did on me, LOL! If I could go back and do it again, I'd definitely go a lot more aggressive on the 1st go. I do definitely agree that too many rows of fine singles is never a good idea. It ended up working out for me, but much better off just nailing it on the 1st design and building of that later with added density. 

Yes, thats video. Maybe for your design you will be  fully satisfied after 2nd procedure. Because on the sides hairline is not much lowered, you lowered it the most in mid frontal point.

The question is always what we are aiming for. Do we want the result that has 0% scalp visibility when our hair are combed straight like Johnny Bravo and we are using excessive light in front the mirror to check the hairline? 😅 We never checked hair like this when we were teenagers, so we don't have benchmark point. And do we want to be like teenagers? That's the questions 😂

Edited by GeneralNorwood

19 minutes ago, MazAB said:

I believe she said it in the video they did on me, LOL! If I could go back and do it again, I'd go a lot more aggressive on the 1st go. I do definitely agree that too many rows of fine singles is never a good idea. It ended up working out for me, but much better off just nailing it on the 1st design and building of that later with added density. 

Sometimes you need to go a bit more conservative to start before you figure out exactly what you want refined and changed. Easy to bring down a hairline. Hard to take it back up. 

Yours is looking good by the way 

2 minutes ago, GeneralNorwood said:

True, being economical in using grafts is good argument. Another point is if you go agressive in 1st procedure with density around 40 grafts/cm2 , you can decide to improve density in second procedure to 50-55 grafts/cm2(for example)  withouth changing level of hairline. But if you go conservative and in second procedure you will lower hairline and in this lower hairline you will implant 40 grafts/cm2, then after second procedure it's possible that you think that you need third procedure to improve this new hairline which has 40 grafts/cm2. 

Yes, thats video. Maybe for your design you will be  fully satisfied after 2nd procedure. Because on the sides hairline is not much lowered, you lowered it the most in mid frontal point.

The questions is always what we are aiming for. Do we want the result that has 0% scalp visibility when our hair are combed straight like Johnny Bravo and we are using excessive light in front the mirror to check the hairline? 😅 We never checked hair like this when we were teenagers, so we don't have benchmark point. And do we want to be like teenagers? That's the questions 😂

"Do we want the hairline of teenagers?" 

Yes. 😂 I'm sorry but I almost feel like people who disagree are mostly just coping with their limited donor supply. A Norwood 1 looks good on Ronald Reagan, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Bill Clinton, JFK and Tom Cruise and they are/were not exactly spring chickens. 

I think you make a great point about density. But I think you should be able to get good density in one go. 55/cm² can be done in one go, I believe. 

Some people have done 80 or even 100/cm² in one go. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I think you make a great point about density. But I think you should be able to get good density in one go. 55/cm² can be done in one go, I believe. 

Some people have done 80 or even 100/cm² in one go. 

From my information, standard density in Eugenix is around 40 grafts/cm2. I don't know the details, if they use this kind density equally or they tend to pack grafts more dense in the front, rather then in the back. This is safe approach, which provides high succes rate, when they are using their HT method. 

Implanting with 80 grafts/cm2 is very risky and can cause necrosis. And it's not definetly for Norwood 3 and above patients, because of donor managment. 

I remember that in one of Eugenix articles i saw that they can maixmally implant 45-65 grafts/cm2. I belive this 65 grafts/cm2 is only for some individual cases. 

Edited by GeneralNorwood
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rafael Manelli said:

I think donor management is the main reason clinics avoid implanting super high density, not inability.

Unless you have very fine, straight hair, and you want the thick look, I reckon most people can get satisfactory density in one pass with a good doctor 

Well, there other factors too, check out this video

• Like 1