Podcast This Friday with Dr. Felipe Pittella 3 PM PST COME JOIN!

• Administrators

Hey Guys,

I have some very exciting news, this Friday I'll be interviewing @Dr. Felipe Pittella during the live podcast, he's gonna be discussing the case listed below. A Norwood 7 full restoration. There have been a lot of questions about his cases lately, this will be a great opportunity to get those questions answered. 

It's gonna be streamed on Instagram you can find it through @dr.felipepittella or @thehairtransplantnetwork instagram handle. 

Pittella Podcast.png

Teaser video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CePmrTrjv-9/?hl=en

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Aslitarcan sucks said:

Loving the podcasts with the doctors, please keep it going

I would like to see Dr Pinto speak

I would too, I reached out but didn’t get a response. Would be great if any of you who have his contact could ask him.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Great stuff Melvin. I'll be tuning in for sure and especially as a fellow Norwood 7! 😉

Thanks Adrian, look forward to your questions.

• Thanks 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Correction guys, the podcast will start at 3:30

Pittella Podcast.png

• Like 2

View my thread

19 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I'd love to hear his opinions on the state of hair transplants in Brazil, in general (not just his own practice).  Very few people talk about Brazil as a place to get a HT, but I've seen quite good results from multiple surgeons, not just Pittella.  

Also, don't know if it would be rude to ask, but if he was to answer positively about the above, I'd love to hear who else (other than himself) he would consider to be good in Brazil.  Wonder if he'd name the same clinics that I considered.  

Edited by Fue3361

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

I'd love to hear his opinions on the state of hair transplants in Brazil, in general (not just his own practice).  Very few people talk about Brazil as a place to get a HT, but I've seen quite good results from multiple surgeons, not just Pittella.  

Also, don't know if it would be rude to ask, but if he was to answer positively about the above, I'd love to hear who else (other than himself) he would consider to be good in Brazil.  Wonder if he'd name the same clinics that I considered.  

Some good questions. I know there’s a few good surgeons as well in Brazil. 

View my thread

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I love Dr Pittella and he is my no.1 choice at the moment but I have few questions.

1. I'd love to see some of the smaller cases he do with an aggressive hairline. I've seen plenty of mega session but less in the small cases. 

2. What's is the max density/ cm² the doctor can perform for hairlines?

Also I would love to know how he approach the temporal peaks. I've seen some and honestly Dr. Pittella seems like he don't make them stronger intentionally for his own reasons. Would love to know more about temporal peaks 

Thanks!

I got one question for Dr.Pitella

How good of an indicator of graft survival is the fact that transplanted hairs have reached a certain length before the shedding phase that occurs generally 3 weeks after surgery ? 

From my experience it's not a guarantee of graft survival but would like to hear his insight. 

Thanks 

Is the live podcast happening now? I went to the Instagram and am following both the HRN and Dr. Pittella, but don't see the livestream circle to access. Just want to be sure I am not doing something incorrectly.

• Administrators

Sorry guys miscommunication on my side. It will start in 45 minutes! I messed up the time difference from Brazil. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Unfortunately the live cut out after an hour and all I got was the last 15 minutes 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ce7Vfm9J_yj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 1

View my thread

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Unfortunately the live cut out after an hour and all I got was the last 15 minutes 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ce7Vfm9J_yj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Oh that's really sad :( Would have loved to see the whole thing.

Did you end up asking him about the state of HTs in Brazil and his thoughts?

Check out my journey here:

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Fue3361 said:

Oh that's really sad :( Would have loved to see the whole thing.

Did you end up asking him about the state of HTs in Brazil and his thoughts?

I didn’t get to ask him, we talked about his technique, how he approaches high Norwoods. He went through some of his cases. Real shame it’s lost now. 

View my thread

Agreed. Really love the ethics behind his position, which is that he wouldn't prescribe a drug that he wouldn't use on himself (hence the refusal to prescribe). Fantastic interview.

• Administrators

Yea I think that ends the argument for me, I can totally respect that. If he wouldn’t take it for himself, the ethical thing is to not prescribe it. At the end of the day, fin is a personal choice, one must weigh the pros and cons. I’m neither pro not anti-fin. I’m of the thought that you should try it, if it works great, if it doesn’t back to the drawing board. 

View my thread

No worries @Melvin- Moderator- tech issues happen.

while it is fresh in the mind, it would be great if anyone who was on the podcast could list some more of the points Dr Pittella made in regards to his approach, especially in how he obtains excellent results and full coverage in higher Norwoods with non optimal donor.

was there anything revolutionary about his approach or what he said?

• Administrators

For those who missed the first hour, here's the podcast. 

• Like 3

View my thread

Ah...I see, you were actually able to get 1 hour worth of content recorded.

@Melvin- Moderator-- you have done it again. Superb interview with @Dr. Felipe Pittella.

I learned so much including about graft placement and optimal strategies to maximize coverage for high Norwoods.

Dr. Pittella- You are not only extremely knowledgeable and a masterful surgeon, but are likeable, compassionate and have a strong sense of ethics. 

Thanks for sharing everything and look forward to seeing more results.