Beard Hair Transplant (scar)

Hi all, I am currently living in Toronto, Canada. I do not have a hair loss problem on my scalp since I have been taking propecia from a long time. I am looking to fill in my beard more since I have a scar on the right side of the face. I have always kept light beard and trimmed mustache but recently due to covid and mask wearing, I was able to grow my mustache and beard. I kept on growing my mustache and found out that it has helped covering the lower end of scar which bothered me the most. I feel if I have more density in that area near the scar, it would help even more and would always keep the area covered without me even styling the mustache by hand all the time. 

The area is small but currently I do not have enough density in that area. Adding more hair follicles in the area and then growing the hairs long, hopefully hide my scar at all time. Please guide me who would be a good doctor for this job? Locally, I found dr. Jones, dr. Asrai and dr. torgerson but not sure about them. Very anxious not to get the wrong person doing this. Please advise.

• Administrators
  • Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

There's a forum search in the top right that you can use to check out topics relating to beards like the ones below, whether to improve the beard or use part of it for the scalp. May help to give you some ideas and questions for your doctor interviews.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, kumardarshan said:

Hi all, I am currently living in Toronto, Canada. I do not have a hair loss problem on my scalp since I have been taking propecia from a long time. I am looking to fill in my beard more since I have a scar on the right side of the face. I have always kept light beard and trimmed mustache but recently due to covid and mask wearing, I was able to grow my mustache and beard. I kept on growing my mustache and found out that it has helped covering the lower end of scar which bothered me the most. I feel if I have more density in that area near the scar, it would help even more and would always keep the area covered without me even styling the mustache by hand all the time. 

The area is small but currently I do not have enough density in that area. Adding more hair follicles in the area and then growing the hairs long, hopefully hide my scar at all time. Please guide me who would be a good doctor for this job? Locally, I found dr. Jones, dr. Asrai and dr. torgerson but not sure about them. Very anxious not to get the wrong person doing this. Please advise.

Thank you for the mention.

Kindly share some photos to evaluate the matter. We do a good number of beards regularly as geographically a beard is quite in demand. Happy to help in anyway. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Kumar,

Posting some photos will give us a better idea of what your current beard looks like (when it’s grown in) and what can be done to meet your goals - both in terms of both your beard and mustache and your scar.

if you’re interested in a consult with Dr. Rahal right here in Toronto, send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

20 hours ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Kumar,

Posting some photos will give us a better idea of what your current beard looks like (when it’s grown in) and what can be done to meet your goals - both in terms of both your beard and mustache and your scar.

if you’re interested in a consult with Dr. Rahal right here in Toronto, send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Dr. Rahal’s office mentioned, they don’t do any beard transplant? Can you please confirm?

21 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thank you for the mention.

Kindly share some photos to evaluate the matter. We do a good number of beards regularly as geographically a beard is quite in demand. Happy to help in anyway. 

Will contact you on WhatsApp 

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone’s help. After reviewing this forum using search bar, and reading many posts, I decided to  contact  Dr. Barghouthi regarding my beard transplant in scar area. He was helpful in answering all my queries. I will be having my procedure with him next week in Jordon.

• 1 year later...
On 7/5/2022 at 7:59 PM, kumardarshan said:

Thanks for everyone’s help. After reviewing this forum using search bar, and reading many posts, I decided to  contact  Dr. Barghouthi regarding my beard transplant in scar area. He was helpful in answering all my queries. I will be having my procedure with him next week in Jordon.

I know this is an older thread but I noticed that you did go through with the beard transplant over your scar and you mentioned that it seemed OK, just it was taking a while for the hairs to grow in. How is that area looking now in your beard? Did it eventually grow in properly?

I also have a scar in my beard that I'm interested in covering up with a transplant so I'd be interested to hear your honest feedback about the process and the end result!