Learn from the Mistakes of Others - Model Has a FUE Disaster!

This young man, full of life and energy, a model and instagram favourite full of confidence and the world at his feet, like many, took the decision to have a hair transplant at a very young age.

The problem is not only that he was not able to tolerate medication, but actually also other factors here that are not expounded upon on most videos, that really need to be noted and discussed.

On a weekly basis we receive interest and enquiry at the clinic from individuals in their early 20s that detail their perceived stabilisation sometimes with medication and sometimes without.
The truth is that I have seen many patients who felt their hair was stable at 25, to then be in a very different situation at 30 and there are factors that present the risk of surgery at such a young age such as detailed in this video.

For those of us who are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, we will continue to lose hair due to the progressive condition into our late years. Whilst medication can be essential and extremely effective, it does not mean that our loss will not progress at any stage.

With that being said, a patient who presents perceived stabilisation at 25, does not mean decline will not occur between 25-30, 30-35 etc and this is the key to having an appropriate approach with the long term in mind, as opposed to a short term fix that may leave you compromised in the future just like the guy in the video.

Loss from 18 - 25 for example represents a period of only 7 years. This timeframe represents less than 1/5 of the timeframe between 25 and 60 years and so this must be considered and in this case surgery was performed at an even younger age and the result and consequences are for all to see.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

If only more people could see/read this kind of invaluable information before proceeding to just jumping on a plane to Turkey… 

As we all see all to often people seem to do the research after and not before, and subsequently arrive here on the forum too late. 

• Like 5

Hair loss from 14 so it will be aggressive,  low and unnatural hair line that is already stand-alone and not connected and an occipital that has been extensively scarred and all by the time he hits 19...Diffused loss and the crown also dropping at the time of video..

• Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Administrators

Great content 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Derek from More Plates More Dates on YouTube covered this before and this guy definitely shouldn't have been given a hair transplant at such a young age and i think had he definitely been able to see his medication response, he may have been able to try topical and wait. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, J-C said:

If only more people could see/read this kind of invaluable information before proceeding to just jumping on a plane to Turkey… 

As we all see all to often people seem to do the research after and not before, and subsequently arrive here on the forum too late. 

I quit counting the number of guys that contacted me post-op, uniformed and angry.

• Like 5

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

7 hours ago, NARMAK said:

Derek from More Plates More Dates on YouTube covered this before and this guy definitely shouldn't have been given a hair transplant at such a young age and i think had he definitely been able to see his medication response, he may have been able to try topical and wait. 

If you have loss at 14, you're not meant to have hair.  Probably regardless of meds...  I liked Derek's breakdown.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John1991 said:

If you have loss at 14, you're not meant to have hair.  Probably regardless of meds...  I liked Derek's breakdown.

I'm going to be honest, without having a proper diagnosis at that age going through blood work etc. it's hard to know for sure if it's telogen effluvium or aggressive onset of Androgenic Alopecia at a very early age. 

Also, there's some exceptions to these sorts of cases. I'm kind of a perfect example. My temple points from 15/16 maybe even as early as 14 receded and i wasn't really aware of it properly but by the time i was 17/18, they were largely gone and washed out with trace points. They also continued to wash out a bit behind the side burn. Some people  like Ewan McGregor, Chris Evans etc. have lost the triangle points mostly but the side burn area remains strong whereas mine went behind. However, this temple point loss is usually said to be mostly something that is supposed to occur with very high Norwood cases. My frontal hairline at that point was practically the same as a Norwood 0/1 not taking those temple points into account. 

Hair loss generally however does follow a pattern and i think you are right that if its hitting somebody that early, its a big red flag to do anything such as a HT without trying other things. 

• Like 2

I've watched videos about this guy too. Until there's a 'cure,' addressing hair loss will always be a dice roll, with better odds the longer you can strategically wait. And if you are able to take the studied approved medications like finasteride and minoxidil without side effects, they are still no guarantees, but you are at least maximizing your odds of achieve good coverage throughout your lifetime with minimal transplants.

To all those younger guys reading this, I know its hard when hormones are raging to let this time pass while your loss patterns emerge enough to be addressed in the best way possible, but it's going to give you the best overall return Try to spend these furious years developing your career/financial/emotional maturity aspects until at least your early 30s. Contrary to popular belief, there's still so much vitality and life to enjoy throughout your 40s,50s, etc. I'm in my mid 40s and still feel pretty much the same mentally and physically as I did in my 20s.

• Like 4

On 5/24/2022 at 6:27 PM, ciaus said:

I'm in my mid 40s and still feel pretty much the same mentally and physically as I did in my 20s.

I'm in my early 30s and even 25 seems like a lifetime ago haha 🤣

Edited by HappyMan2021
  • Like 1

When I was a student way back in 1990, I recall thinking, anyone over 40 won't be worried about hair -loss, it is that age where you just won't care about it. My tutor was 40 and a nw5 and I felt he was old and he probably doesn't even care and carries it well also. The truth is from experience, I was wrong, and in my early 50s now talk from experience and not just theory.  It is so vital that the younger generations see this and plan accordingly. You will care in your 30s,40s and 50s and probably beyond.

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I would probably just to chime in say that a friend of mine said how "Oh, i won't care when i'm older, married and got kids" and whilst i kind of got what he meant, i also felt he couldn't be more wrong and he's begin to feel differently as he aged. 

I knew from my late teens/early 20s i would need a hair transplant to restore my temple points, but i feel very strongly about my appearance in my now early 30s and i think i will continue to do so to my 50s and beyond. Perhaps the priority of hair, appearance etc. changes as your life situation does. Once you no longer have to say look for relationships and are more settled into that next phase of your life with a partner, kids etc. appearance takes a mild back seat. 

However, it's folly to say any person particularly that grew up with the social media advent will not be impacted much more than ever before around their appearance and that's going to include hair. That's why we need to think long term but your 20s, 30s and even 40s can be crucial years for relationships and find a partner, and that's why i think a LOT of young guys into their early 20s feel so pressured to try and get there with their hair for their careers, relationships etc. 

• Like 3

Even in my 60s, I still want my hair! 

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

The biggest issue here is the skill of surgeon that did this surgery, not the decision to go with it. If a top tier surgeon operated on him, this trasnplanted hairline would look much more natural, it could even be salvageable with 1 more transplant. Ultimately some people shouldnt have a HT ever if they are meant to be NW7 with bad donor, but being young doesnt really matter here IMO. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:21 PM, sl said:

You look great in the photo for that age, hair also!

Thank you my friend for the kind words…that’s what 7,000 grafts did.

• Like 1

Gillenator