is david beckham norwood 5?

1 hour ago, J.A.C said:

He’s nothing like a Norwood 5. He may have experienced some loss but this pic is pretty misleading. Worst possible conditions to take a pic, most guys would look the same ! 

It's pretty bad hairloss, and it's going to get worse.  If that is native hair on the top of his head, then I'd say that's about 10% left.

The same lighting condition is not making his sides look see through.  NW5.

If he ever goes with a transplant his beard and neck have a copious amount to make use of.

2 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

It's pretty bad hairloss, and it's going to get worse.  If that is native hair on the top of his head, then I'd say that's about 10% left.

The same lighting condition is not making his sides look see through.  NW5.

If he ever goes with a transplant his beard and neck have a copious amount to make use of.

It’s not though, other pics taken around the same time show it totally different. Look at him in 2022 and it’s clear that he may have some loss, but it’s not a Norwood 5. 

3 minutes ago, Egy said:

That photo,  if I'm not mistaken refers to the bad duckling period of the post transplant.

It would but he hasn’t had a Ht, some reported he “may” have had one nearly 2 years before that pic. I don’t believe he has had one at all, and looking at his hair in 2022 and since that particular pic he still has decent hair, especially when it’s grown out. 

Edited by J.A.C

11 minutes ago, J.A.C said:

It would but he hasn’t had a Ht, some reported he “may” have had one nearly 2 years before that pic. I don’t believe he has had one at all, and looking at his hair in 2022 and since that particular he still has decent hair, especially when it’s grown out. 

I had read somewhere that he had a hair transplant. 
difficult to say, but in this photo you can see the typical redness of the post-transplant scalp.

0B052E13-0990-432F-9E73-1E68E44E9B67.png

1C04D77F-DE06-40B4-9059-26E94062F04D.jpeg

Edited by Egy

13 hours ago, J.A.C said:

He’s nothing like a Norwood 5. He may have experienced some loss but this pic is pretty misleading. Worst possible conditions to take a pic, most guys would look the same ! 

Idk. Even in worst possible conditions, your hair shouldn't look like that unless you're dealing with MPB

• Valued Contributor
15 hours ago, J.A.C said:

This is 2022. 

3AB39881-F640-46A0-B3FA-A51921FFE39E.jpeg

Out of interest, does anybody know what sort of hair product achieves that look where there's some moisture in the hair but not like a full-on wet look/gel thing? I'm getting to the point where I need something like that but I'm a fish out of water after all these years buzzing down! :D

• Administrators

The picture is misleading, he’s got fine blondish/grey hair. That’s why it looks so thin under the bright sun. But sideways, you see he has a lot of hair. No where near a Norwood 5. But he’s definitely starting to thin. He uses concealer a lot, so that’s why they claim he had an HT, but really its just concealer. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Berba11 said:

Out of interest, does anybody know what sort of hair product achieves that look where there's some moisture in the hair but not like a full-on wet look/gel thing? I'm getting to the point where I need something like that but I'm a fish out of water after all these years buzzing down! :D

Yep! Shower, towel dry, blow dry into desired shape,water based mud/paste for texture, then spray or light gel for hold. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The picture is misleading, he’s got fine blondish/grey hair. That’s why it looks so thin under the bright sun. But sideways, you see he has a lot of hair. No where near a Norwood 5. But he’s definitely starting to thin. He uses concealer a lot, so that’s why they claim he had an HT, but really its just concealer. 

For me it is a transplant instead.

• Like 1

So for comparison here

image.png.8aab70aef560045f02749bd8d0d77bc9.png

I highlighted the previous hairline curve going backwards (left and right side),  while his modern hairline goes downwards (also both sides)

image.png.7643ddd421ad2cdbc3e09a23fd5faa77.png

Hair transplant 

Edited by Ryan Daniel

• Administrators

I’m not sure that photo is correct, a recent post on his IG shows his hairline looking much different

AE358C4E-FDE8-4716-B70A-8A8E65E01FFC.png

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, Ryan Daniel said:

So for comparison here

image.png.8aab70aef560045f02749bd8d0d77bc9.png

I highlighted the previous hairline curve going backwards (left and right side),  while his modern hairline goes downwards (also both sides)

image.png.7643ddd421ad2cdbc3e09a23fd5faa77.png

Hair transplant 

This is the smoking gun. Instagram pics prove the pic on the right is most recent, so it's definitely a HT

Congrats on your result Becks. 

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon