6 Months Oral Minoxidil Results

Hi

As you can see i believe im heading to a nor 6 or maybe even 7.

My donor isnt great either. 

It is short in those pics

I am going to Zarev next year but im not too optimistic

I am just very worried about my diffuse hairlossm. My donor isnt great so im very unsure what to do

I have had 2700 gtafts in the frontal third which worked great.

But i cannot take meds due to sides so im not sure another transplant is actually viable atm

Just looking for sone opinions

20220419_163636.jpg

20220419_163711.jpg

20220419_163659.jpg

20220419_163711.jpg

20220419_163732.jpg

48 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

trust your gut. go to Vegas if you want to spend 10k+ and feel skeptical about the ROI, not surgery. 

Very unsure what to do? Not getting surgery is always an option. 

Edited by HappyMan2021

8 minutes ago, HappyMan2021 said:

trust your gut. go to Vegas if you if you want to spend 10k+ and feel skeptical about the ROI, not surgery. 

Very unsure what to do? Not getting surgery is always an option. 

Being bald isnt an option. Maybe with smp

• Administrators

I don’t see you being a Norwood 6/7 at all. Looks more like Norwood 3v at most.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t see you being a Norwood 6/7 at all. Looks more like Norwood 3v at most.

This is where hair length comes into it  

Now im at the early stages but im quite certain i will be a nor 6. Now this is probabky 10 years away at least. 

I will know more after i see Zarev. 

But i have norwood level 6/7 in my mothers side. So im not too optimistic. 

Hairman22,

So what makes you think that you’re going to be a Norwood class 6 or a Norwood class 7?  Based on the photos you presented, I don’t see any evidence of that. Are you basing this on the family history or what you’re seeing in the mirror because the photos you presented translate to a much lower Norwood class.

Also, I apologize if you mentioned this in another post or topic but how old are you and are you taking medication?

Most young men with minimal hair loss are typically not good candidates for hair transplantation.   I’m guessing you’re 22 based on your alias.  If that’s true, I strongly suggest trying medication for at least a year or even longer before undergoing surgery.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hairman22,

Okay, I see that you responded to this topic literally as I was writing my response. So you’re basing the advanced hair loss prediction on your family history rather than your current level of hair loss is that correct?

while family history can and should be used as a guide, it is not definite that you were going to advance to the same level as other members of your family that have advanced hair loss. In addition to using family history as a guide, you need to look at your own hair loss pattern.

At 22 years of age, your pattern may not be fully established yet. I think it’s good that you are planning for the worst case scenario. However, because of this, jumping into surgery is not the way to go. Instead, non-surgical solutions would be your best bet right now.

Finasteride and minoxidil in conjunction with one another would be what I would recommend at this time. But be sure to research and be aware of the potential side effects and make an informed decision.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

4 minutes ago, Rahal Hair Transplant said:

Hairman22,

Okay, I see that you responded to this topic literally as I was writing my response. So you’re basing the advanced hair loss prediction on your family history rather than your current level of hair loss is that correct?

while family history can and should be used as a guide, it is not definite that you were going to advance to the same level as other members of your family that have advanced hair loss. In addition to using family history as a guide, you need to look at your own hair loss pattern.

At 22 years of age, your pattern may not be fully established yet. I think it’s good that you are planning for the worst case scenario. However, because of this, jumping into surgery is not the way to go. Instead, non-surgical solutions would be your best bet right now.

Finasteride and minoxidil in conjunction with one another would be what I would recommend at this time. But be sure to research and be aware of the potential side effects and make an informed decision.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant 

Thanks. I am 31. One of my uncles was way worse at my age.

I just cannot take DHT blocking anything. I took it for 2 years no issues until the last 2 months & I then developed mild PFS.

I recovered but im too sensitive to them.

I just want to get a transplant to get my hair better at the crown but Im juts looking for opinions would that be a good idea.

I know my donor isnt the best although it is very short in those photos. But my temples are receded a long time & woukd really like them done too to frame my face better.

My hairline is very good. Not too low

19 hours ago, hairman22 said:

Thanks. I am 31. One of my uncles was way worse at my age.

I just cannot take DHT blocking anything. I took it for 2 years no issues until the last 2 months & I then developed mild PFS.

I recovered but im too sensitive to them.

I just want to get a transplant to get my hair better at the crown but Im juts looking for opinions would that be a good idea.

I know my donor isnt the best although it is very short in those photos. But my temples are receded a long time & woukd really like them done too to frame my face better.

My hairline is very good. Not too low

How many grafts was your transplant in 2017? Is your goal now to prevent further loss or improve anything?

Call me crazy, but if you’re 31 looking like that while not on meds at all, I think it is safe to assume you will most likely never be a Norwood 6+, at least not for a very long time

Check out my journey here:

3 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

How many grafts was your transplant in 2017? Is your goal now to prevent further loss or improve anything?

2700 grafts in frontal third mostly in mid scalp & in crown.

I would like to improve my crown & temporal peaks. But i am unsure whether to proceed atm. Im going to Zarev next year see what he says.

Hairman22,

When did you start losing your hair?  Also, when did you stop taking finasteride?  Have you lost any additional hair after you stopped taking it? 

At 31 years of age with a lot of remaining hair on top, I can't imagine that you'll ever experience hair loss as advanced as a Norwood class 6.   However, it's hard to advise you without knowing when you started losing hair and whether or not you've continued losing hair after you stopped taking finasteride.  

I know you decided on a clinic.  But generally speaking, just make sure you've done your research and are satisfied that the clinic you've selected has a proven track record of producing outstanding results.  You may also want to consult with a few additional clinics recommended by this community to garner their input on a strategic short and long term hair restoration plan.

Note that I'm not familiar with the clinic you mentioned nor is any of my advice specific to the clinic you mentioned.  The above is advice I'd give anyone considering a hair transplant.  Ultimately, it's far better to get it done right the first time because if you select the wrong clinic, you'll end up spending a lot more money and wasting precious donor hair.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

• Like 1

Can you try oral minoxidil? 

If you have a face-to-face consultation with Dr Zarev he will be able to let you know what is achievable based on the exact amount of donor you have left and how much of your recipient needs filling in. 

He's extremely ethical. 

6 hours ago, hairman22 said:

I started losing hair at 17. 

Was on propecia for 2 years at 25-27 still lost some hair on it but had to stop.

I just grafually lose hair every year. 

Its relatively slow but not isnt stable sadly 

I hear what you're saying. Some people get advanced baldness in a way where everything just slowly keeps thinning rather than increasing bald zones as per NW Scale. In low lighting they can give the illusion of full hair for quite some time.

Billy Joel for example had a 'full' head of hear even at 40 yet still became a NW6

Either way, I think most would agree you need an in person consultation with an expert. One might say there's a trade off to be had on whether you get a fuller crown or better frontal zone but that just speculation.

Meanwhile, it's worth looking at oral minoxidil and PRP, and even laser and ketoconazole shampoo to get you some form of stability as least for now

3 hours ago, BurnieBurns said:

I hear what you're saying. Some people get advanced baldness in a way where everything just slowly keeps thinning rather than increasing bald zones as per NW Scale. In low lighting they can give the illusion of full hair for quite some time.

Billy Joel for example had a 'full' head of hear even at 40 yet still became a NW6

Either way, I think most would agree you need an in person consultation with an expert. One might say there's a trade off to be had on whether you get a fuller crown or better frontal zone but that just speculation.

Meanwhile, it's worth looking at oral minoxidil and PRP, and even laser and ketoconazole shampoo to get you some form of stability as least for now

I have no problem with my frontal third.  Thats been transplanted 

More so crown and future loss 

Hairman, have you tried topical DHT blockers?  They are getting more popular now and the side effects are less common than the orals.  Both topical finasteride and dutasteride are available now.

Edited by Lightmare

On 4/19/2022 at 4:46 PM, hairman22 said:

Hi

As you can see i believe im heading to a nor 6 or maybe even 7.

My donor isnt great either. 

It is short in those pics

I am just very worried about my diffuse hairlossm. My donor isnt great so im very unsure what to do

I have had 2700 gtafts in the frontal third which worked great.

But i cannot take meds due to sides so im not sure another transplant is actually viable atm

Just looking for sone opinions

20220419_163636.jpg

20220419_163711.jpg

20220419_163659.jpg

20220419_163711.jpg

20220419_163732.jpg

It’s a pain trying to contact dr Zarev, his consultation form isn’t working and his phone lines do to seem to work.

Any idea on how to get in contact with him?

• 1 year later...