Final decision for hair transplant, 28 years old, NW6

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. First before explaining my case, I would like to thank hairrestoration.com and @Melvin- Moderator who have allow me to find real experiences from real patients here, which is not always the case on every hairloss website. 

After the greeting, let me explain what is my situation and my expectation.

I am 28 years old from France and living in the United States since 4years. I have been losing my hair since my early 20's and am now already at Norwood 6.  Since the last 2 years not a lot of things have changed.

I have always been skeptical about using finasteride due to lot of bad reviews about side effects (but if you think about it, most people who had good experience with it are not gonna report it, but the few unfortunates will obviously report it on every topic). Anyway I decided I will give it a go and see the results on me (since each person is different, everybody's reaction is different as well). 

I am going to try Zoomster's diet (which is for me, may be the case I could inspired myself the most with my expectations), and report you my evolution.

@Zoomster diet: (hope you did not trademark that treatment ahah)

"My daily regime has been ;

1.25mg proscar 3 times a week MWF

3000 mg MSM

2 x hair bust vits packed with goodies such as biotin,zinc,selenium,iron etc

High protein diet including  2 fruit packed smoothies

Try and get 2 litres of water in each day

and my secret little weapon is a massaging of organic cold pressed avocado oil each night ..I’ve been doing this since day 14 .:.packed with nourishment for hair shaft and scalp". 

Obviously in order to achieve the result I am expecting, I will have to find a top surgeon to undergo a hair transplant (including BHT) with multiple sessions. After 5 years  of research, and talking with lot of top surgeon adapted to my case, this is my final short list:

-Dr Bisanga, Belgium

-Dr Sethi, India

Probably the only guys who would be able to assess my case.

Since I started losing my hair, I shaved my head completely and have done SMP last year (it's all about illusion ahah). Which in my humble opinion is the most cost effective/good looking solution (for me at least). 

But now I want to go for the next step. 

Could something go wrong ? Yes, there is no such things as 0 risk surgery or hair transplant (even more in my case).  That's why it took me so long to establish my short list, I have also waited some years to see a bit of slowing instead of going all in when my hair loss was on its hard way. I wanted to establish a realistic plan for my future and minimizing the risk to get a patchy hair restoration)

What, if something goes wrong ? I will shave my head completely, I know I still look good when having my hair completely shaved. (but the advantage of having hair, is that you have the choice to shave it or not) Hopefully everything will go well and I am gonna be a good case study for some other people in my case. 

When do I plan my hair transplant ? My goal ideally, would be to get my first hair transplant done in September 2022, and stick to the plan I will agree with either Dr Bisanga or Dr Sethi (I think Eugenix would be able to better assess my case but both seems amazing)

Do i want to get my teenager hairs back ? Even though it sounds tempting, you gotta be realistic with what you have + I am soon in my 30's, and I don't feel I really need that much density anyway. I am good with looking like a NW3 and if by chance we can do more this will probably be something to think about after seeing the results of the first/second op.

I am someone who likes to take calculated risk and before doing something I am assesing Pros/cons to see if the outcome overtake the risk. With everything listed above, I feel it is worth a try. 

How many graft will I need ?  Probably at least 10 000 grafts coming from my body + donor area (in hope also that finasteride gonna do its job on my donor miniaturization) in multiple surgeries. (but I am not the surgeon and only him will be able to give an exact number)

Is my beard hair similar to my hair? Not 100%, because of different color pattern in my beard (If it is only that, dying those beard hair could be a solution) ,I have been blessed with a huge beard and when i grew it really long with using good beard shampoo product, it was growing straight (I will attach some picture taken 5 or 6years ago when I had it like this)

To make it more clear for you and avoid you having to figure which picture belong to which. year, I will write 2 other comments, one with my situation in 2019 and one in 2022.

I have ordered the product from zoomster diet, so I will be able to show you every step of the evolution whenever I received it. 

Thank you all.

Finasteride may help you but you might as well do the daily dose, no point to split it up 3 days a week in my opinion.

I would only consider Eugenix for this case it will be a hybrid body hair procedure, your donor area shows signs of miniaturization and you are more a class 7 then a class 6.

However, due to you having so much body hair and a very thick beard I think this can be overcome and you can at least get a buzzcut style hair transplant that will give you a hairline and some coverage on the top. If you prefer this over being bald then it is worth it, but I believe you will be limited to this type of haircut only. 

• Like 1

Yeh it is more a Norwood 7, the scalp hairs are going to be slim pickings, it’s everywhere else you have in abundance. Scalp hairs are needed to create any kind of hairline, this might be a challenge, but if anybody can achieve it then it would be Eugenix or Bisanga. 

• Like 1

i see no point in propecia it just may delay some more thinning of the donor maybe. But it will stop working anyway after a few years in yor case most likley.

Best to just concentrate mostly on body hair to get a buzz cut

• Like 1

@jacThank you for the good words, It would not be unpleasant to get rid of some of those body hair since i feel like having another sweater on me 😂😂

Hi @asterix0  yes, obviously I hope to get the same result than zoomster, but I am willing to get a buzzcut if mine is not as succesful. Very aware that it's not a straight shot.

Also I am attaching pictures when I take care of my shaved head instead of letting every possible hair grows for the surgeon to better review my case. Just to show that even with a final result of a buzzcut I would be pleased.  (By the way SMP did an amazing job to show me how a very thin buzz cut would look like, that's also a reason that pushed me to explore my possibilities).

Not gonna lie I was a bit drunk on that one 🤣

IMG_1987.jpg.1f0635db1787fa51f70857c1a591a323.jpg

Here this is my bead when i was growing it really long (t happened to be longer but I didn't find those pictures yet)

(also I was really taking good care of my beard at this period)

1790873474_beardPM.png.fcaebda6a13a9ef718705de3e621112c.png

IMG_1985.jpg

Edited by garcimore75
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

jacThank you for the good words, It would not be unpleasant to get rid of some of those body hair since i feel like having another sweater on me 😂😂

I get that lol my beard is a bane of my life it’s so thick and grows so quickly! Let alone having that amount of beard + Chest hair 😉 btw it’s @J.A.Cnot the one above 🤓

• Like 1

hi @hairman22,  

Yes I am aware that Propecia has mixed results. I don't want to be a guinea pig for you guys haha, but I've seen some case miniaturization reversal and I am willing to see what the results will be with me. I will stop if i see disturbing side effects, but from my experience, the more you think about the worst, the more it happened (how weird the human brain is ;) )

If the surgeon doesn't see a point in me taking it, I will not take it (for once I will be a good student).

And as I said I am willing to get a buzz cut, I was more into having long hair when i was a teenager but the older I get, the less I am into long hair + I am doing it to have a good outcome, so we will see what fit me the most. Also I feel it's better to get realistic expectations, this way, the rest will only be some bonus.

• Administrators

You look good bald, you are very reminiscent of @Bandit90 your beard is out of this world. You got probably 7,000 grafts in that beard. No joke. Though, you’ll have to sacrifice your beard for hair on top. That’s the reality. 

• Like 5

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

38 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. First before explaining my case, I would like to thank hairrestoration.com and @Melvin- Moderator who have allow me to find real experiences from real patients here, which is not always the case on every hairloss website. 

After the greeting, let me explain what is my situation and my expectation.

I am 28 years old from France and living in the United States since 4years. I have been losing my hair since my early 20's and am now already at Norwood 6.  Since the last 2 years not a lot of things have changed.

I have always been skeptical about using finasteride due to lot of bad reviews about side effects (but if you think about it, most people who had good experience with it are not gonna report it, but the few unfortunates will obviously report it on every topic). Anyway I decided I will give it a go and see the results on me (since each person is different, everybody's reaction is different as well). 

I am going to try Zoomster's diet (which is for me, may be the case I could inspired myself the most with my expectations), and report you my evolution.

@Zoomster diet: (hope you did not trademark that treatment ahah)

"My daily regime has been ;

1.25mg proscar 3 times a week MWF

3000 mg MSM

2 x hair bust vits packed with goodies such as biotin,zinc,selenium,iron etc

High protein diet including  2 fruit packed smoothies

Try and get 2 litres of water in each day

and my secret little weapon is a massaging of organic cold pressed avocado oil each night ..I’ve been doing this since day 14 .:.packed with nourishment for hair shaft and scalp". 

Obviously in order to achieve the result I am expecting, I will have to find a top surgeon to undergo a hair transplant (including BHT) with multiple sessions. After 5 years  of research, and talking with lot of top surgeon adapted to my case, this is my final short list:

-Dr Bisanga, Belgium

-Dr Sethi, India

Probably the only guys who would be able to assess my case.

Since I started losing my hair, I shaved my head completely and have done SMP last year (it's all about illusion ahah). Which in my humble opinion is the most cost effective/good looking solution (for me at least). 

But now I want to go for the next step. 

Could something go wrong ? Yes, there is no such things as 0 risk surgery or hair transplant (even more in my case).  That's why it took me so long to establish my short list, I have also waited some years to see a bit of slowing instead of going all in when my hair loss was on its hard way. I wanted to establish a realistic plan for my future and minimizing the risk to get a patchy hair restoration)

What, if something goes wrong ? I will shave my head completely, I know I still look good when having my hair completely shaved. (but the advantage of having hair, is that you have the choice to shave it or not) Hopefully everything will go well and I am gonna be a good case study for some other people in my case. 

When do I plan my hair transplant ? My goal ideally, would be to get my first hair transplant done in September 2022, and stick to the plan I will agree with either Dr Bisanga or Dr Sethi (I think Eugenix would be able to better assess my case but both seems amazing)

Do i want to get my teenager hairs back ? Even though it sounds tempting, you gotta be realistic with what you have + I am soon in my 30's, and I don't feel I really need that much density anyway. I am good with looking like a NW3 and if by chance we can do more this will probably be something to think about after seeing the results of the first/second op.

I am someone who likes to take calculated risk and before doing something I am assesing Pros/cons to see if the outcome overtake the risk. With everything listed above, I feel it is worth a try. 

How many graft will I need ?  Probably at least 10 000 grafts coming from my body + donor area (in hope also that finasteride gonna do its job on my donor miniaturization) in multiple surgeries. (but I am not the surgeon and only him will be able to give an exact number)

Is my beard hair similar to my hair? Not 100%, because of different color pattern in my beard (If it is only that, dying those beard hair could be a solution) ,I have been blessed with a huge beard and when i grew it really long with using good beard shampoo product, it was growing straight (I will attach some picture taken 5 or 6years ago when I had it like this)

To make it more clear for you and avoid you having to figure which picture belong to which. year, I will write 2 other comments, one with my situation in 2019 and one in 2022.

I have ordered the product from zoomster diet, so I will be able to show you every step of the evolution whenever I received it. 

Thank you all.

Hey man…you’re giving yourself every chance of a very successful outcome ..for your situation your Doctors choice should be a shortlist of approx 1 !!

I believe the weather is nice in Delhi around September time .Enjoy 😉😎🥂

• Haha 2

sorry @J.A.CI'm not gonna mispell your nickname again, I want to put every chances on my side (yes i'm a bit superstitious 😂)

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator, that's why I feel, even if my result doesn't match some great one I have seen, I would be able to rock a buzzcut, + maybe a SMP to add the illusion of density.

@ZoomsterYes eugenix is probably my number one choice, just waiting for their reply that I should have by tomorrow from what they told me today. I hope I will be able to match your results :) . I will take advantage to be in India to go to the Taj mahal as well before the days of surgery, since it is something I always wanted to see. 

A quick question, in the recent years I have noticed my back hair neck growing (which by the way is annoying. Do you guys have heard about the use of those hairs (since they are in the continuity of the donor area I don't really know if they are usable and if it is a great match)1596103630_backhairneck.thumb.jpeg.828869b10fa318b30f76212d2de889bc.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, garcimore75 said:

sorry @J.A.CI'm not gonna mispell your nickname again, I want to put every chances on my side (yes i'm a bit superstitious 😂)

No worries 😉 I’m going to be watching this thread closely and see what @Eugenix Hair Sciencessay 🙏 If you have seen @Zoomsterthread, I’m sure you might have also seen @Gatsbytoo ? They were able to take BHT from all kinds of sources 👍🏽

hey @HappyMan2021, that's a good question for which I cannot give you an exact anwer.

From my own experience, my beard seems to grow really long and when taking care of with good beard shampoo, it is getting similarities with my hair which are originally straight. The only negative point is i have a rainbow beard which goes from blond to ginger to brown. But that's always something that could be dyed.

Concerning my chest, I don't know if it will match well with my scalp (for a buzz cut it will not be noticeable, if grown longer it could probably be used as a filler between my other grafts.

I don't really know why arm hair are not used that much since i feel they have very big similarities with my original hair. My hairs always have been really thin. I will ask it to dr Sethi when I got him on a zoom call.

IMG_0105.thumb.jpg.2e178f73955ff482da83326866b09348.jpg

Edited by garcimore75

• Administrators

Your donor hair has probably very little to give, you could definitely keep a short buzz cut with smp. I think you can get a good frontal zone, the crown will have to be sparse. You have two excellent surgeons, both at the very top. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you @J.A.C, I'm gonna see @AB2000's results. 

Since I am located in Los Angeles area, I have met Dr Umar 2 years ago. His work is pretty impresive, He would have take care of my hair restoration but first, since it is in the US, achieving a great result would have been overbudget for me and my goal is to be able to complete my hair restoration goals. 

Also It is hardly explainable but I didn't feel 100% confident going with him, and I have to 100% trust my surgeon with my hair at stake. And just to be clear of anyone who's gonna read that, Dr Umar had some amazing result so if you feel confident going with him you should listen to yourself. It. was only my perception of things :) 

• Like 1

If you are planning to use Finasteride then let any surgeon who would to body to head transplantation know about this.  My understanding is that the drug causes body hair to thin and fall out, so there's no point in using both if that is the case.

NW6/7, there's probably not much point to using Fin anyway because there isn't much left to hold onto.

• Like 2

@AB2000Of course, I will discuss that with both of the surgeon i picked. I have miniaturization in my donor, so if it can help me thicken those hair and may be help the one invisible i have on top (because even though it is hard to see them on my pictures, I still feel lot of them on top when I pass my hand through my scalp but they don't really grow anymore, in my crown i have almost nothing left)

@ZoomsterI am sorry to disturb you but I would just like to know how exactly you got proscar prescribed ? Should i go to any doctor to get a prescription ? 

Because on internet I only found alternative solution. Thank you for your help.

4 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your donor hair has probably very little to give, you could definitely keep a short buzz cut with smp. I think you can get a good frontal zone, the crown will have to be sparse. You have two excellent surgeons, both at the very top. 

If the whole point of this is to look good, I honestly think this guys best bet is to shave his head, build some muscle and either rock the beard fully or try the handsome stubbly look. I’m just not sure the amount of hair he’s going to be able to get from surgeries will look better than shaving his head. Especially since he’s actually able to pull off the bald look well - especially for a white dude. 

• Like 3