Why is doctor Demirsoy not recommended here?

Schahin

The title is the question, many posts agree on Demirsoy being a good doctor I dont know yet if the vad reviews outweigh the good ones. 

But all in all what is the reason he is not being recommended here?

Best regards

• Administrators

We haven’t reached out to Dr. Demirsoy, to be frank, I hear his name thrown around, but I haven’t seen many reviews. I have seen more from Dr. Turan. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Schahin said:

It's Dr Turan recommendable as by the reviews?

He’s not officially recommended, but he’s someone we’re considering. We recommend Dr. Bicer in Turkey, she’s very good. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

It's anecdotal but I'm a huge fan of Dr. Demirsoy - I almost went with him over Eugenix for my second HT. In the end due to case-specifics I chose Eugenix, but Demirsoy was very high on my list.

There's been some fantastic results of his on HRN - @JST07 and @GLHF to name a couple. His single-patient approach coupled with a very reasonable price are why many people like him. Personally I think he undercharges.

The thing about subpar results is every clinic has them from time to time. Your best bet is researching patient-journeys on forums like HRN and, if you see enough of them (especially results with similar hair characteristics to yours), base your decision off that.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

While I'm not familiar with this Dr, several Dr's not listed as recommended are actually really good Dr's that plenty of people in this forum recommend quite a bit. 

I believe that recommended Dr's have to pay a fee to be recommended by this forum. That's not to say that any Dr with money gets recommended though as I'd think that they still have to meet and maintain some standard of high quality results. So I'm sure it's a mutual agreement. If a Dr has enough business and doesn't want to pay to advertise, then he will never be recommended here no matter how good he is. 

In the end, base your decision on research and real patent reviews as the recommend list is a good guide and starting point but doesn't include every top Dr. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JoeMan said:

While I'm not familiar with this Dr, several Dr's not listed as recommended are actually really good Dr's that plenty of people in this forum recommend quite a bit. 

I believe that recommended Dr's have to pay a fee to be recommended by this forum. That's not to say that any Dr with money gets recommended though as I'd think that they still have to meet and maintain some standard of high quality results. So I'm sure it's a mutual agreement. If a Dr has enough business and doesn't want to pay to advertise, then he will never be recommended here no matter how good he is. 

In the end, base your decision on research and real patent reviews as the recommend list is a good guide and starting point but doesn't include every top Dr. 

this^^

doctors are paying to get recommended here so you should investigate and do research on real patients everywhere. Spanish doctors are one of the best such as Dr.couto and dr.villa

• Like 1

@SchahinDr Demirsoy is a solid, proven choice. The forum recommended list Isn’t a exhaustive one, it’s a very good start, but if you spend some time here then you will see plenty of other Clinics/Drs names regularly crop up as equally as good options. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JoeMan said:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians

I actually didn't realise that the list was run off a monthly fee collection and that does i guess in some ways show why its even more important to do your research. 

Like you said, a great Dr that doesn't feel the need to advertise themselves will not bother applying and the forum doesn't sound like they're going to be approaching the doctor either. 

Whilst there's many positive aspects to this site, the very idea that an income (undisclosed sum?) is derived from the recommended clinics/doctors makes it all the more likely that if a patient does show poor results from that list, these are potentially why they've been glossed over a touch in their seriousness for the outcomes shared. 

Well, as always. Caveat Emptor i guess. 

• Like 2

True but more important is how is the ratio of good to bad results with Dr Demirsoy.

Dr Bicer is being recommended and there is no case of unhappiness with her until now.

But how is the history of Dr Demirsoy regarding that? 

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, NARMAK said:

https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians

I actually didn't realise that the list was run off a monthly fee collection and that does i guess in some ways show why its even more important to do your research. 

Like you said, a great Dr that doesn't feel the need to advertise themselves will not bother applying and the forum doesn't sound like they're going to be approaching the doctor either. 

Whilst there's many positive aspects to this site, the very idea that an income (undisclosed sum?) is derived from the recommended clinics/doctors makes it all the more likely that if a patient does show poor results from that list, these are potentially why they've been glossed over a touch in their seriousness for the outcomes shared. 

Well, as always. Caveat Emptor i guess. 

You do raise a good point @NARMAK. Whenever money is involved the risk for a conflict of interest can always arise. I think those who have heard me or know me well realize that I am a huge believer of full transparency in this industry with nothing to hide. I love this forum and see this as an excellent community. However when it comes to fees being paid by doctors and on what basis doctors are being recommended on then it’s important that this is disclosed to all. I’ve always based my research and opinions on patient’s results posted here (not just for myself but for everyone). However their is no doubt there are some excellent surgeons outside of this forum. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

You do raise a good point @NARMAK. Whenever money is involved the risk for a conflict of interest can always arise. I think those who have heard me or know me well realize that I am a huge believer of full transparency in this industry with nothing to hide. I love this forum and see this as an excellent community. However when it comes to fees being paid by doctors and on what basis doctors are being recommended on then it’s important that this is disclosed to all. I’ve always based my research and opinions on patient’s results posted here (not just for myself but for everyone). However their is no doubt there are some excellent surgeons outside of this forum. 

To me, i feel like there's almost a difficulty in showing yourself as being unbiased and on the side of patients if your entire site and income is being derived from the recommend doctors paying you a fee. That's why there has been some previous examples cited and i do think even perhaps recent examples in how volatile that balance can become. 

I do think the patient results part are probably a key point of research for me and what made me want to choose a particular clinic over others, alongside the fact that the specific area of temple point restoration is being shown off regularly and the right things were being said. However thanks to this site, it was also raised when the same places maybe don't have the best results for somebody else and it honestly made me realise, i was perhaps still a bit too naive and maybe that i do need to be significantly more vocal and communicate things further on exactly what i'm looking for when it comes closer to the day before and day of surgery. Also, i think i have as much as it would hurt, decided i'd rather walk away from the entire thing and save my hair and money if the concerns are bot addressed than go through things with a regret. 

I do feel that so far that the clinic i have chosen more often than not seem to get it right based on the patient results posted here, but i am more wary now in making sure that i organise everything and get it in writing so both parties have a clear documented understanding of what's being paid for and the plan is clearly defined. 

I think the difficulty of right now is that if a loss of income from that fee of a recommend doctor will hurt the website, then removal of that individual from the recommended list could be a little longer and protracted and thereby hurt other genuine patients. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t disagree with what anyone is saying. We don’t pretend to have a definitive list, and we have ALWAYS been transparent about monthly sponsorship fees. In fact, we’ve even listed this ourselves in our site. 

I work full time, do you guys think my time is free? I deserve to be compensated for my time, as does our webmaster Hans. Which Patrick Hennessey, the owner of the forum does directly. That’s the cost of operating an online community. 
7FE572C6-3F8E-4B27-B0D7-7BA6899C0656.png

However, one thing I want to make crystal clear. We have never, nor will we ever recommend anyone solely on a monthly fee. Before transitioning into our new site, we removed some surgeons discreetly, whom we felt no longer met our criteria. In fact, we are the only organization to publicly remove surgeons who no longer meet our criteria based on feedback from the community. As we did with Erdogan and Bhatti, whom both are still recommended by other “patient-advocates.” 

We are also the ONLY community who recommends physicians based on a collective vote. If the community says no, the physician isn’t approved. Even if I strongly believe the physician should be voted in, they still aren’t approved. This is called checks and balances. 

Now, having said all that, are there some physicians who don’t want to join? Yes, the vast majority don’t want to go through a public approval process. There have been times where some community members have started mud slinging and being classless, so I admit, the system isn’t perfect. But to date, it’s the only way we know truly, if the surgeon can be held up to scrutiny. 

• Like 2

View my thread

10 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I don’t disagree with what anyone is saying. We don’t pretend to have a definitive list, and we have ALWAYS been transparent about monthly sponsorship fees. In fact, we’ve even listed this ourselves in our site. 

I work full time, do you guys think my time is free? I deserve to be compensated for my time, as does our webmaster Hans. Which Patrick Hennessey, the owner of the forum does directly. That’s the cost of operating an online community. 
7FE572C6-3F8E-4B27-B0D7-7BA6899C0656.png

However, one thing I want to make crystal clear. We have never, nor will we ever recommend anyone solely on a monthly fee. Before transitioning into our new site, we removed some surgeons discreetly, whom we felt no longer met our criteria. In fact, we are the only organization to publicly remove surgeons who no longer meet our criteria based on feedback from the community. As we did with Erdogan and Bhatti, whom both are still recommended by other “patient-advocates.” 

We are also the ONLY community who recommends physicians based on a collective vote. If the community says no, the physician isn’t approved. Even if I strongly believe the physician should be voted in, they still aren’t approved. This is called checks and balances. 

Now, having said all that, are there some physicians who don’t want to join? Yes, the vast majority don’t want to go through a public approval process. There have been times where some community members have started mud slinging and being classless, so I admit, the system isn’t perfect. But to date, it’s the only way we know truly, if the surgeon can be held up to scrutiny. 

Hi @Melvin- Moderator, how do you arrange the community vote? I haven't yet been involved in one when a new surgeon is being considered.

How does that process work and which community members are involved?

Thanks

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, mrmane85 said:

Hi @Melvin- Moderator, how do you arrange the community vote? I haven't yet been involved in one when a new surgeon is being considered.

How does that process work and which community members are involved?

Thanks

Anyone can add their vote. Of course, I’m wary of new members adding input good or bad. I will take senior members who’ve participated on the forum’s input more to heart, and other physicians.  I will create a thread with the reasons why I believe a doctor should be recommended. Then I ask for feedback from the community. I also send two newsletters out asking for additional input.

Here’s a recent thread 

• Like 3

View my thread

How is the comparison between Dr Demirsoy and Dr Turan? I had an HR with Resul Yaman that I am not satisfied with but he is recommended here so I am searching for doctors that have few bad results or none but are still affordable with1.5 euro per graft. I might post this exact same question into a better thread

2 minutes ago, Schahin said:

How is the comparison between Dr Demirsoy and Dr Turan? I had an HR with Resul Yaman that I am not satisfied with but he is recommended here so I am searching for doctors that have few bad results or none but are still affordable with1.5 euro per graft. I might post this exact same question into a better thread

Search enough and you will find that every single Dr/Clinic worldwide will have a poor result, even the most elite. I like what I’m seeing from Dr Turan, just that there are more Demirsoy results to find, he has been doing Hts a lot longer. 

• Like 1