Do you think it would be okay for me to get a small FUE transplant

Ant763

Hello all. My temples are the main problem. They have been receding for a few years. I have been using rogaine for a few years. I was wonder if I can get a small FUE to bring back my temple area and corners of Hairline. If so how many grafts do you think I would need? I am 31 years old and my father and his brothers are all bald. Do you also think I’m losing any density at the top of my hair. I posted a pic of where my temples used to be in high school. Lol thanks

7897852E-6D93-4050-B47B-A5369487C284.jpeg

A8B5E210-D822-446B-A682-761714C70F8F.jpeg

E60A4F02-1BAC-4E03-AEAB-C8496E4E53A3.jpeg

4CAFE340-18E6-498F-96E4-9A0FF083CCC0.jpeg

8C3324A0-BEFC-4640-881A-26C882E63344.png

2B11548D-A2A9-456F-87FD-770EF15BDE65.jpeg

I see a 31 yr old NW 1.5 giving himself anxiety because his mature hairline does not look like it did when he was 16. 

I feel like you are going to get declined by a lot of doctors. There is barely any work to be done. 

In your case the risks of a poor outcome infinitely outweight any miniscule benefit. 

Edited by SadMan2021
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

I see a 31 yr old NW 1.5 giving himself anxiety because his mature hairline does not look like it did when he was 16. 

I feel like you are going to get declined by a lot of doctors. There is barely any work to be done. 

In your case the risks of a poor outcome infinitely outweight any miniscule benefit. 

This, I am 27 and you dont want to know how bad my degree of baldness is. Needless to say I would "kill" to be at the estage that you are. 

If fighting MPB is what your're after then Finasteride should be started ASAP, you might even regrow in the process, and if you feel like you need more you call also commit to Minoxidil but a hair transplant at your stage is something I wouldn't recomend. 

You could even grow the hair longer to get that covered and that would be it. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender
Age.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SadMan2021 said:

Lol you are right I do get anxious. I am just starting to see the temples deepen over the years and wanted to do something before it trends to progressing

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

You could it wouldn’t be many grafts tho if your genes have baldness you should probably get on finasteride if no symptoms occur continue use you probably only need a few hundred grafts itd be a very minor procedure 

The side effects of fin from reading is what scares me

42 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

This, I am 25 and you dont want to know how bad my degree of baldness is. Needless to say I would "kill" to be at the estage that you are. 

If fighting MPB is what your're after then Finasteride should be started ASAP, you might even regrow in the process, and if you feel like you need more you call also commit to Minoxidil but a hair transplant at your stage is something I wouldn't recomend. 

You could even grow the hair longer to get that covered and that would be it. 

I am trying to fight that and there is family history , I was just worried about potential side effects of fun, mainly Ed happening if used 

Just stop using if that happens it won’t don’t they’re overblown I was just like u afraid to take it so is started by taking it every other day and eventually everyday now I have no issues you could get a small fue transplant to define the temples more maybe 500 grafts if you wish

• Like 1

I think the problem is how short your hair is. Transplanted hair will not be as dense as your native hair. It is really hard to do. With long hair, it isn't so much an issue. With very short hair, every imperfection will show.

• Thanks 1

If you want to compare to how yours would look Kanye west had a hair transplant to cover his hairline he didn’t have hair loss just a crooked hairline and he got a minor hair transplant you can see the disparity in thickness where the hair transplant was placed it’s only suppose to give the illusion of density so growing it longer is best 

2 hours ago, MachoVato said:

I think the problem is how short your hair is. Transplanted hair will not be as dense as your native hair. It is really hard to do. With long hair, it isn't so much an issue. With very short hair, every imperfection will show.

That’s true I didn’t think of that thanks

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

If you chose to do this you will be chasing your small transplant for the rest of your life. Personally I would leave your great head of hair as it is. 👌

Appreciate that mate ! I just get anxious about it and it runs in family lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillpickle123 said:

If you want to compare to how yours would look Kanye west had a hair transplant to cover his hairline he didn’t have hair loss just a crooked hairline and he got a minor hair transplant you can see the disparity in thickness where the hair transplant was placed it’s only suppose to give the illusion of density so growing it longer is best 

Yeaaa I was thinking Kanye he did it but wasn’t really balding tooo tooo bad. But can tell he did it and keeps his hair really short. But noticed someone like Tory laneZ grows it longer 

15 hours ago, Ant763 said:

I am trying to fight that and there is family history , I was just worried about potential side effects of fun, mainly Ed happening if used 

Very unlikely. 

You can stop if you feel them or even decrease dosage (3x a week .025mg) but usually it's very tolerable for more than 90% of who uses it. 

Bear in mind that for MPB (1mg) the dosage is far less than used for Prostate issues (5mg). 

Keep yourself active in the meantime and do some exercise which could help you counter them anyway. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender

If you get the temples done and you recede further you would be chasing and worrying about hair transplants over and over.  
it is way too risky and if something goes wrong, it may not match angulation and density.  Right now, your natural ones look great and natural.  Just giving you a heads up as i went to well known doc and i an struggling to get repaired still.  It has been the most painful experience and nightmare.  Would never want you to go through something similar.  If your in NJ/NY area, I can actually show it in Person.

16 hours ago, Sean said:

If you get the temples done and you recede further you would be chasing and worrying about hair transplants over and over.  
it is way too risky and if something goes wrong, it may not match angulation and density.  Right now, your natural ones look great and natural.  Just giving you a heads up as i went to well known doc and i an struggling to get repaired still.  It has been the most painful experience and nightmare.  Would never want you to go through something similar.  If your in NJ/NY area, I can actually show it in Person.

I’m not in that area but I appreciate it I actually emailed a doc bisang before this and he just responded he said the same. That he won’t do it 

Ant,

I certainly don’t want to minimize anybody’s concern however, just about every other man on this form including me it would kill to have your beautiful thick head of hair.  At this point in time, I don’t think getting a hair transplant would be in your best interest.

Best wishes,

Rahal Hair Transplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

On 3/13/2022 at 3:17 PM, Ant763 said:

Hello all. My temples are the main problem. They have been receding for a few years. I have been using rogaine for a few years. I was wonder if I can get a small FUE to bring back my temple area and corners of Hairline. If so how many grafts do you think I would need? I am 31 years old and my father and his brothers are all bald. Do you also think I’m losing any density at the top of my hair. I posted a pic of where my temples used to be in high school. Lol thanks

7897852E-6D93-4050-B47B-A5369487C284.jpeg

A8B5E210-D822-446B-A682-761714C70F8F.jpeg

E60A4F02-1BAC-4E03-AEAB-C8496E4E53A3.jpeg

4CAFE340-18E6-498F-96E4-9A0FF083CCC0.jpeg

8C3324A0-BEFC-4640-881A-26C882E63344.png

2B11548D-A2A9-456F-87FD-770EF15BDE65.jpeg

It seems you truly understand what's coming down the pike.  The temporal areas should be the least of your concerns.  Rogaine, in my view, is like using a band-aid.  I would consider adding Propecia, PRP and Laser.  The mechanism of action of each of these is totally different and are thus synergistic when used simultaneously.  And once started, do not stop.

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

You're a young guy, save your money and monitor any hair loss over the next several years.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.