Unhappy with Eugenix transplant

AJ_HT

7 hours ago, civic said:

As i mentioned earlier, my strong opinion is surgens need to be more selective in cases they can confidently perform. I have yet to see a post where eugenix rejected a candidate. There is another thread by someone currently who underwent 3k grafts with them, which clinic itslef was hesitant on, but proceeded. I am trully concerned for his outcome. 

They were not hesitant but confident on outcome of transplanted area. They gave me a choice since crown and lower hairline can't be done as proposed over online consultation. 

• Like 1

I recently had a hair transplant at Eugenix. Checkout and let me know your feedback.

https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/63068-eugenix-3000-grafts-grade-67-my-first-hair-transplant-february-28-2022/

3 hours ago, Egy said:

@shiba1985 Have you just signed up on the forum to just give an opinion on this topic?  🤔 🤔

Wow, that's a sharp spot there lol

Definitely not a great first post to get caught with your pants down on :D

• Haha 2

Hey Melvin, do you have the ''Bat phone connection" direct to Delhi?😆 It's great you are able to get answers  from them so quickly, to assist with these issues.

I'm trying to finalise my HT with Eugenix, and needing a video consult with a Doctor, but finding it hard to get consistent communication with them, [wish i had 'that' phone] so this thread casts some questions relating to complex cases [like mine] and clients expectations, and whether there are obligations to sign specific documents, and if there is some detriment to you if you don't sign. 

It opens up a can of worms that sows seeds of doubts to prospective HT candidates who are already on edge, even after having done due diligence, and have made a decision!

You are never going to forecast the final outcome and know what your reaction is going to be, even when you do the proper research, or, if various issues occur from known or unknown circumstances, so that's concerning. 

I suppose when you also have some financial skin in the game, and it may be a lot to some, admittedly, you are going to be more dissapointed and concerned, as opposed to someone who hasn't spent anything!

• Like 2

Sure did. I lurk, and read. I don't feel the need to post on everything. Being overly active on a forum it starts becoming your life, and you start thinking you are more important than you really are. (some of you here come across like that). 

The topic irked me so I signed up to post. I am not affiliated with eugenix but couldnt care less what your opinion is. 

Edited by shiba1985

6 hours ago, Egy said:

@shiba1985 Have you just signed up on the forum to just give an opinion on this topic?  🤔 🤔

hahaha its usual when someone says some negative feedback about a clinic, suddenly new members join on forum and try to support clinic. 😂

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, shiba1985 said:

The topic irked me so I signed up to post. I am not affiliated with eugenix but couldnt care less what your opinion is. 

🤥

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ANDYMAL said:

and whether there are obligations to sign specific documents, and if there is some detriment to you if you don't sign. 

Very sensible. You may not have followed all of this thread but @Melvin- Moderator discovered the OP declined to sign one of the documents. It transpires it may have been a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

We await Melvin reporting back to the community and to see a copy of the said document.

General advice to anyone, you should always be provided in advance, documents you are required to sign. 
With all the stress and strain of a long haul flight the sights and sounds of a foreign country, you don't want to try to navigate the legalise of documents you have never seen before. In many cases, people travel from around the world, and the document may not be written in your mother tongue.

In summary, if a clinic doesn't automatically send you the documents, request them, check them and make sure you understand what you are signing.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ryan Daniel said:

The 8 month touch up, was a very very big mistake and it was a silly execution to do. Why was it hard to wait?

19 hours ago, AA1989 said:

Given you knew that why didn't you wait a few more months and get a complete assessment?

I think if OP had waited for 4 more months and then went in with the final result, they might have fixed both the front and the mid scalp at the same time and all this back and forth could have been avoided. I believe this happened with  @Looking for HTas well and they were able to fix it for him in the patch up when he showed up after a year. Since OP himself had asked for just the mid scalp to be fixed the second time around, the clinic addressed just that.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2022 at 11:15 PM, AA1989 said:

@Melvin- Moderator can you address this very serious allegation with the clinic and report your finding to the community. I know you take a very dim view of NDA's in the HT industry. It would be a worrying development for a recommended clinic to try and manipulate feedback/reviews.

On 3/6/2022 at 11:25 PM, JoeMan said:

Something seems a miss since the OP signed the original paperwork for his 1st surgery with Eugenix at least thats my take on this. Only on his 2nd procedure was he refusing to sign this. They still seem to have performed the procedure. Now if it was a regular surgery document then why would any Dr perform a procedure without a signature? 

On 3/7/2022 at 1:25 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

I think we’re going back and forth here unnecessarily. I have already said my peace, the facts are here. The text shows that he was discussing the midscalp and not the front. They said “we still have time” to the midscalp, that was not concerning the hairline. So I’m not sure how you’re coming to that conclusion. 

As for NDA’s, I have not seen this document, but yes, I know several clinics who have patients sign a document that will protect them legally, or from a form of extortion. I don’t believe that’s what they presented based on what was said in the document. 

I don’t believe there’s anything left to say, the clinic already offered to do a free touch-up for any hair that hasn’t grown. If the patient doesn’t want to retun that’s his prerogative. This will be my last reply on this subject, it’s run it’s course, the facts are here. You can come to your own conclusion. 

On 3/7/2022 at 1:37 AM, AA1989 said:

You haven't seen it but have you requested the clinic provide you with a copy?

19 hours ago, ANDYMAL said:

Hey Melvin, do you have the ''Bat phone connection" direct to Delhi?😆 It's great you are able to get answers  from them so quickly, to assist with these issues.

I'm trying to finalise my HT with Eugenix, and needing a video consult with a Doctor, but finding it hard to get consistent communication with them, [wish i had 'that' phone] so this thread casts some questions relating to complex cases [like mine] and clients expectations, and whether there are obligations to sign specific documents, and if there is some detriment to you if you don't sign. 

It opens up a can of worms that sows seeds of doubts to prospective HT candidates who are already on edge, even after having done due diligence, and have made a decision!

You are never going to forecast the final outcome and know what your reaction is going to be, even when you do the proper research, or, if various issues occur from known or unknown circumstances, so that's concerning. 

I suppose when you also have some financial skin in the game, and it may be a lot to some, admittedly, you are going to be more dissapointed and concerned, as opposed to someone who hasn't spent anything!

15 hours ago, AA1989 said:

Very sensible. You may not have followed all of this thread but @Melvin- Moderator discovered the OP declined to sign one of the documents. It transpires it may have been a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA).

We await Melvin reporting back to the community and to see a copy of the said document.

General advice to anyone, you should always be provided in advance, documents you are required to sign. 
With all the stress and strain of a long haul flight the sights and sounds of a foreign country, you don't want to try to navigate the legalise of documents you have never seen before. In many cases, people travel from around the world, and the document may not be written in your mother tongue.

In summary, if a clinic doesn't automatically send you the documents, request them, check them and make sure you understand what you are signing.

On 3/7/2022 at 1:13 AM, NARMAK said:

Melvin, the clinic themselves in the very screenshot you posted state "We still have time. The front looks good" and specifically aligns with the OP stating he was at month 8 and had a total of 4 more months to have the frontal hairline mature. A timeframe with which it is unfair to assume a final result as a patient which is exactly what OP has stated in their replies here. The touch up is for the midscalp and the OP has not raised any further complaints regarding that. The OP has simply stated they are now over 12 months and the agreement of offering sufficient density to the frontal hairline as expected after allowing the additional 4 months to get to a final 12 month result has not yielded the desired additional growth, maturity or density OP had expected based on clinical assessment. 

I'm trying to give a fair shake to OP and the clinic here. I'm sure others can also draw their own conclusion. You are certainly right that "He said, she said" is not something that can be really addressed but now i will raise something that has been mentioned. A document amounting to more or less an NDA for OP. Can you please address where you stand on this aspect if it is the case whether for this or any other clinic recommended by this forum as well as generally behaviour that any clinic would try to get a patient to sign. 

Clearly that wasn't a standard patient surgery consent as we know OP had a midscalp procedure which we are calling a touch up but he wouldn't have had it if he didn't sign for surgery. 

Something really strange is happening here now.

I've shared the details of that document with Melvin via DM, assuming he will speak to the clinic. However, now, I am unable to message him, or anybody else, and it says that my messenger has been disabled!

207798817_Messengerdisabled.thumb.PNG.3e3abb92ad491d44cb05d36978a492b5.PNG

May be I'm being paranoid here, but why would this happen suddenly after I share some sensitive details with the moderator?

Any way, now since there are so many questions on the document, I will talk about the story behind it.

I had gone to Eugenix because I had seen a lot of videos and reviews, but more importantly, because I had seen the videos of a patient like me, who had undergone a failed transplant. He went to Eugenix and was very happy. I spoke to him at length and then decided to opt for Eugenix.

Now, after 7 months, since I was not happy with my results, and Dr Priyadarshini just kept asking me to wait for the mid-scalp to get better, I reached out to this individual again and told him that I am not happy with the result, and that maybe he should not recommend all packages of Eugenix, because I have not been happy with the base package.

Now, if I have gone to a clinic via someone's reference and am not happy with what they recommended, I don't see anything wrong in going back to that person and telling them that I'm unhappy. Because it was on his recommendation that I went to Eugenix in the first place. However, the fact that I reached out to him was probably not taken well by the clinic, and before my touch-up, I was asked to sign the document which said that I am happy with my first transplant, and will restrain myself from putting up any pictures on social media which could damage the reputation of Eugenix. I truly believe that irrespective of how the results are, we should be able to share anything (that is not confidential) on any platform, as long as it is true. Hence I did not sign that document because it seemed to restrict me to upload any pictures.

I didn't even want to bring up the point about this document, until Melvin spoke about the consent form which I didn't sign. I had actually signed everything I was asked to sign, except this document. (Honestly, I didn't even know that anything like this is frowned upon and not encouraged by the community here)

So why am I talking about this now? So that the members here know exactly what had happened, and there is no twisting of the facts. And because suddenly I'm being restricted on this forum to send any messages, for reasons I don't know.

I know that Eugenix is a highly recommended clinic here, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong or illegal by posting my honest review on this forum with pictures - something that this platform is meant for.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor

Mate you are the one who continually keeps going on about 'I'm not happy!' After all the bullshit you have created in this thread, at the end of the day, what do you want so that you can begin your new slogan 'I am happy!??????' I state this because I really don't believe anything will make you happy! As I have stated many times on this forum and reply to several posts' not everyone is a 'candidate' for a hair transplant. Often this does not come down to the donor supply/demand ratio, DUPA, Lichen Planus, Foliculitis or  Seborrheic Dermatitis. It more often than not comes down to psychology. I've looked at the photos. I've read that you went to a butcher's clinic in India. You then went for a repair. Still not happy you were given a free repair. Still not happy. What do you want to be happy because I truly don't believe it exists in hair restoration that's for sure. Make an effort to contact Eugenix and have a conversation with them about EXACTLY what will make you HAPPY? You obviously have done zero research to get butchered by your first surgery. But there's an old saying that the first time it's a mistake. The second time it's a choice. Your whole thread bleeds of making everyone else responsible for you not being happy! Rant over!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Mate you are the one who continually keeps going on about 'I'm not happy!' After all the bullshit you have created in this thread, at the end of the day, what do you want so that you can begin your new slogan 'I am happy!??????' I state this because I really don't believe anything will make you happy! As I have stated many times on this forum and reply to several posts' not everyone is a 'candidate' for a hair transplant. Often this does not come down to the donor supply/demand ratio, DUPA, Lichen Planus, Foliculitis or  Seborrheic Dermatitis. It more often than not comes down to psychology. I've looked at the photos. I've read that you went to a butcher's clinic in India. You then went for a repair. Still not happy you were given a free repair. Still not happy. What do you want to be happy because I truly don't believe it exists in hair restoration that's for sure. Make an effort to contact Eugenix and have a conversation with them about EXACTLY what will make you HAPPY? You obviously have done zero research to get butchered by your first surgery. But there's an old saying that the first time it's a mistake. The second time it's a choice. Your whole thread bleeds of making everyone else responsible for you not being happy! Rant over!

I think that's a bit harsh bud, but hopefully @AJ_HThimself can post what resolution he's looking for.

That said, i think there's enough information in this thread for people to form a picture of events. 

I think this thread does have some learning points both from a patient and clinic perspective. I've talked about not trying to blame anybody here but as a person who went through previous bad experiences i'm sure in a small way you can relate to the emotional hesitancy OP may be having felt he did his research and that his expectations were realistic for an adequate illusion of density based on the clinic quoted grafts for the frontal hairline. Giving it the full 12 months to fairly assess and now fully confirming the end results fell short of perhaps the expectations set. 

Perhaps i think OP can share more details of their before photos from when the first procedure happened that required repair. If the frontal area was all transplanted hair, then as we all agree generally, this hair won't fall out and be affected by DHT and so any repair would slot in between. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Wow. So you're saying posting about my experience on the forum is "bullshit"? Why then do they have a "patient experiences and reviews" section here?

I honestly expected better from folks like you. But guess honest reviews don't mean much to some people.

My intent of putting up this post was to make people aware of what can go wrong. And I've said it multiple times:

1) I don't want a touch-up, whether paid or free. I don't have the faith to go to the same place for another touch-up, when they should have got it right the first or at least the second time. How is that so difficult to understand?

2) And I'm pretty sure clinics don't do refunds, else I would have asked for it.

So what's the third option here that you think can make me "happy"? Nothing. What's done is done. But people deserve to know.

I say I'm not happy because I'm not happy. And I fail to understand why it's pissing people like you off. I also don't know what my first surgery has anything to do with this, unless you want to criticize me just because I put up an honest but negative review of a recommended clinic where you got your surgery done.

I know you had a great experience with Eugenix, but I didn't. And I will call it like I see it.

Having said that, I don't really care what you think of this, and will abstain from replying to your comments from hereon. But for the folks who are not smitten by the clinic and would want to thoroughly evaluate and see patient experiences, I think I did good by putting this up.

Edited by AJ_HT
  • Like 10

13 minutes ago, AJ_HT said:

But for the folks who are not smitten by the clinic and would want to thoroughly evaluate and see patient experiences, I think I did good by putting this up.

You did. And the majority will agree with this. 

• Like 11

@AJ_HT I do find this weird that I can not message you either. I'd like to understand the logic behind what appears to be limiting access for the OP to communicate with others. I'd like to believe this is a glitch but it seems extremely unlikely. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AJ_HT said:

Something really strange is happening here now.

I've shared the details of that document with Melvin via DM, assuming he will speak to the clinic. However, now, I am unable to message him, or anybody else, and it says that my messenger has been disabled!

207798817_Messengerdisabled.thumb.PNG.3e3abb92ad491d44cb05d36978a492b5.PNG

May be I'm being paranoid here, but why would this happen suddenly after I share some sensitive details with the moderator?

Any way, now since there are so many questions on the document, I will talk about the story behind it.

I had gone to Eugenix because I had seen a lot of videos and reviews, but more importantly, because I had seen the videos of a patient like me, who had undergone a failed transplant. He went to Eugenix and was very happy. I spoke to him at length and then decided to opt for Eugenix.

Now, after 7 months, since I was not happy with my results, and Dr Priyadarshini just kept asking me to wait for the mid-scalp to get better, I reached out to this individual again and told him that I am not happy with the result, and that maybe he should not recommend all packages of Eugenix, because I have not been happy with the base package.

Now, if I have gone to a clinic via someone's reference and am not happy with what they recommended, I don't see anything wrong in going back to that person and telling them that I'm unhappy. Because it was on his recommendation that I went to Eugenix in the first place. However, the fact that I reached out to him was probably not taken well by the clinic, and before my touch-up, I was asked to sign the document which said that I am happy with my first transplant, and will restrain myself from putting up any pictures on social media which could damage the reputation of Eugenix. I truly believe that irrespective of how the results are, we should be able to share anything (that is not confidential) on any platform, as long as it is true. Hence I did not sign that document because it seemed to restrict me to upload any pictures.

I didn't even want to bring up the point about this document, until Melvin spoke about the consent form which I didn't sign. I had actually signed everything I was asked to sign, except this document. (Honestly, I didn't even know that anything like this is frowned upon and not encouraged by the community here)

So why am I talking about this now? So that the members here know exactly what had happened, and there is no twisting of the facts. And because suddenly I'm being restricted on this forum to send any messages, for reasons I don't know.

I know that Eugenix is a highly recommended clinic here, but I don't think I'm doing anything wrong or illegal by posting my honest review on this forum with pictures - something that this platform is meant for.

Welcome to advertising forum.

No @alexdftI do not agree with you on what you wrote, for some years I have been on the forums that deal with the topic of hair transplantation, and I can guarantee you that ethics like HRN, I have not seen any, but what it is happening here, I find it hard to believe, that HRN is becoming one like many others, I refuse to believe it.

2 hours ago, AJ_HT said:

So what's the third option here that you think can make me "happy"? Nothing. What's done is done. But people deserve to know.

I think this is why you have received such a varied reaction here on the forum.

Most people here view hair restoration as a journey and it is common practice that when someone posts a negative review or a bad experience, forum members usually come together to offer suggestions on how he can move forward and improve his results.

Whereas you seem to want to leave your negative review and not entertain any ideas as to how you can improve your hair further.

You are right to post your review and opinion and I have to agree, I wouldn't be pleased with the hairline either. However, this thread is now six pages long and is becoming more argumentative than constructive.

I'm sure it would take fewer than one thousand grafts, perhaps only five hundred, to give you a denser hairline that would make you happy when you look in the mirror. Just go and get it done or else in six months from now, you are still going to be as bitter as today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, AJ_HT said:

I know you had a great experience with Eugenix, but I didn't. And I will call it like I see it.

I am 6 weeks out. There are no guarantees that I will have a result as good as yours. You know that I too was butchered twice at the age of 18. I'm Norwood 7. Poor scalp donor, depleted scalp donor, average beard and large crown. If however I am not happy about my results at 7 months I will happily call out my lack of results (not at 7 months but at 12 months) on this forum as to why I feel they fell short with Eugenix. But I will certainly not be putting the entire blame on the last clinic for the mistakes I made prior. Anyone who knows me on this forum or on other platforms knows that I am a man of my word. I have always been open and transparent about who I am and I always use my face, etc in avatars, etc. I'm also very critical of unethical clinics and I'm the first one to call out my own mistakes as an example of why I call out other clinics that continue to rip people off and leave them scarred for life like I have been for the past 37 years. But I will exhaust every avenue with the service provider first before I tell the world how unhappy I am and I take responsibility in doing my due diligence from the mistake I made from my first surgery at 18! You have every right to post your dissatisfaction with your first clinic in Mumbai or your next clinic Eugenix. But when they offer to do a repair (and you have every right to refuse as I would) then it begs the question what is that you hope you can do to achieve the results you want? What I am asking is to try and be a bit more constructive in moving forward to what your goals are. Do you want me to ring Eugenix for you and tell them what it is that you would like from them? Because if I was you I would be mad as a cut snake and I wouldn't settle for sitting back because you are waiting to hear from them, etc. You need to be more active in changing your life. If you're 18 - 25 then fair enough I'll look the other way. But their comes a point where you need to be proactive and that can only come from taking responsibility for your life and your choices. There are no guarantees in anything. You've known this from not doing your research in your first surgery as I have. It's great that you have called out your personal experience. Now what do you need to do to get closer to your goals (and not further away from them)? As you have stated that you will from now on abstain from replying to my comments. If you want to hear replies that are what you want to hear then you will always be unhappy. The fate of this I leave to you. All the best!

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
8 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

I think this is why you have received such a varied reaction here on the forum.

Most people here view hair restoration as a journey and it is common practice that when someone posts a negative review or a bad experience, forum members usually come together to offer suggestions on how he can move forward and improve his results.

Whereas you seem to want to leave your negative review and not entertain any ideas as to how you can improve your hair further.

You are right to post your review and opinion and I have to agree, I wouldn't be pleased with the hairline either. However, this thread is now six pages long and is becoming more argumentative than constructive.

I'm sure it would take fewer than one thousand grafts, perhaps only five hundred, to give you a denser hairline that would make you happy when you look in the mirror. Just go and get it done or else in six months from now, you are still going to be as bitter as today.

THIS ^

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

what is that you hope you can do to achieve the results you want

Let me tell you where I'm coming from.

I chose a bad clinic the first time - that was on me. But the second time, I made sure I went to a reputed and recommended clinic and also had a touch-up with them, which also didn't turn out to give the desired density (Now you may say that my expectations weren't realistic or anything else, but that's a topic which I'm sure neither you nor I want to get back to)

Now, 2 surgeries with a reputed clinic not giving results as per your expectation isn't something that will make you want to go to the same place again for a third procedure. So till 2 days ago, I wasn't sure if I would want to go back. However, I wrote this review just so that folks know what to expect. And if you read my original post, I also wrote about what I didn't do, and recommended others to do. That was the idea of writing this review. I wanted to end it there.

This turned into an argument when, Melvin spoke to them and they blamed me for having unrealistic expectations. I'm sure you've read all of that. Now tell me, after all this blame game, would you trust and go back to the same clinic for a third session? I don't think so.

All I'm doing here, is defending my stance. I don't enjoy writing posts on forums when I anyway have a lot of work to do.

57 minutes ago, Hayden87 said:

you seem to want to leave your negative review and not entertain any ideas as to how you can improve your hair further.

The only idea that I didn't entertain was going back to the clinic for another session.

Someone suggested hair fibres, and I anyway use them. I may also consider another procedure with another clinic if and when I'm ready for it mentally and financially, which is what many people have suggested.

Apart from that, I don't see anything else that I can do. I'm still open to suggestions on how to improve the situation that doesn't involve having a second touch-up with Eugenix.

Like I said, this post turned 6 pages long because of the blame game, not because I'm cribbing about what went wrong.

As you have stated that you will from now on abstain from replying to my comments.

Said this because you don't call someone's review bullshit when they're trying to put something they have experienced. I'm more than happy to have a discussion that's not an argument or name-calling.

Edited by AJ_HT
  • Like 3

What concerns me about your presentation is the inconsistencies.

You told the forum at the start(1st post)

because all the doctors I had met, told me that extracting 2500-3000 grafts was not a problem, considering I have dense, thick hair at the back of my head.

Then find out...

image.png.128e73ac82a00dc41528c87809169ee5.png

Then you tell us....

The donor would not support more than 2500 grafts - which is true.

You have done a complete 180. Any donor that will not support any more than 2500 has been significantly depleted and is far from 'dense and thick'. 

You contend that Eugenix miscalculated the number of grafts.

But you told us....

To get a correction, I did extensive research and went to Eugenix after meeting at least 8-9 different doctors in India in 2020.

because all the doctors I had met, told me that extracting 2500-3000 grafts was not a problem

So after your extensive research all the doctors were quoting you a similar number of grafts to the number you received at Eugenix.

Did they all miscalculate? all 8-9 different doctors?

1 minute ago, AA1989 said:

Did they all miscalculate? all 8-9 different doctors?

It's not like they all drew a hairline. Maybe the other clinics wouldn't have gone so far down. We all know these are just estimates. 

I fail to see how any of this adds to anything other than trying to badger the op. People complain about this being 6 pages long but continue to pile on in my opinion. This of course triggers a reply by the OP. 

He told his story. We can all draw our own conclusions.

I believe both sides have some fault which is usually the case in most arguments/disagreements. 

I think he probably should've reached out to the clinic for more support before this post. Melvin reached out for him and he is correct in that this was kinda where many people (Eugenix included) turned against him.

The document he was asked to sign wasn't just any document and most of us wouldn't sign it. 

Some of us still have questions about the NDA document that seems to have been shared with Melvin. I still wonder why he's censored now which seems unwarranted IMO. 

In any event, what's done is done. He's not looking for a repair from them but if I was Eugenix I'd offer it because then at least they put out the olive branch. Once he declines, they can easily close this case out and say that they at least tried. Seems like a quick and easy solution to me. 

5 minutes ago, JoeMan said:

I fail to see how any of this adds to anything other than trying to badger the op. People complain about this being 6 pages long but continue to pile on in my opinion. This of course triggers a reply by the OP. 

It's important because it is what he told us in his own word We only have the information provided as we weren't present during the consultation/pre-procedure.

I believe in his own words it debunks the idea that there was some miscalculation. The clinic were working within the constraints of the donor. No doubt this was a factor in the other doctors all estimating a similar number of grafts.

Maybe the other clinics wouldn't have gone so far down.

Lets remember this is a repair. I previously detailed (see below), during a repair a clinic may/will need to reconstruct a new hairline. If we are to be balanced it would be disrespectful to accuse an experience doctor/clinic of just wasting grafts lowering a hairline for no reason.  They were the one looking at the hairline, in person and making their judgement based on difficult case.

I'm prepared to give the clinic the benefit of the doubt on re-establishing a new hairline, given it was a repair job. The repair is not to lower the hairline. Rather it is by-product of creating a new natural hairline. A poor hairline from a previous procedure often has multiples, mis-angled grafts, incorrect design.