Dr. Kaan Pekiner - 3,009 Grafts FUE 2/25/22

Jarrod

Hello All,

Wanted to pay it forward and share my hair transplant experience here as it's been very helpful in my journey and decision making process, so thank you to everyone involved! Disclaimer that I have zero affiliation with this clinic and was not given any discount or urged to make this post whatsoever. 

Background

• 25 Yrs 
  • Receding hairline for about 7 years stabilized with finasteride but recently switched to dutasteride in lieu of HT

Choice of Surgeon

I had reached out to several clinics over the span of a few months who really stood out to me when it came to reconstructing dense hairlines, Freitas/Feriduni/Pinto. There were a few reasons why I ultimately chose Dr. Pekiner. First and most importantly his results when it came to recreating hairlines was some of the best and most dense I've ever seen (seen them in person as well). Pekiner is very highly regarded on the Italian forums and there are lots of results there. I really liked the way all of his patients looked directly after surgery... the work is always extremely clean and dense this stood out to me. Another very important factor was that the doctor does ALL extractions and implantations by his own hand and spans large sessions over the course of a few days (mine was done in 2 days).

Experience

Overall the experience was great! I stayed across the street at the hotel the clinic suggests and had my SO with me which helped ease some of my anxiety. Dr Kaan and his small team were lovely and I felt really safe with him and trusted his process. The first morning we designed snd drew the hairline together and calculated the amount of grafts needed. After that he got right to work. The two days of surgery were set up pretty much exactly the same, extractions-break-implants-lunch-extractions-break-implants. I know a lot of people say hair transplants are painless but I have to disagree with this. I found the anesthesia to be exceptionally painful, especially the second day, no pain no gain I guess. After completed we took some photos and then they next day I was off back to the USA, definitely recommend flying Turkish Airlines business class it was really nice and comfortable. Overall I feel really confident with my choice in Dr Pekiner and would recommend him entirely!

So far healing really well, definitely had some swelling but its going down. Not sure how often I'll update this probably once every few months but let me know any questions!

Graft Breakdown

1's - 279

2's - 1527

3's-1121

4's- 82

Total - 3009

IMG_7731.JPG

IMG_7733.JPG

IMG_7734.JPG

IMG_7736.JPG

IMG_7738.JPG

IMG_7742.JPG

IMG_7743.JPG

IMG_7747.JPG

IMG_7749.JPG

IMG_7750.JPG

IMG_7769.JPG

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7771.JPG

IMG_7772.JPG

IMG_7773.JPG

IMG_7775.JPG

white board.jpeg

• Administrators

How were you able to contact the clinic? People have had issues?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

How were you able to contact the clinic? People have had issues?

I contacted Alex who is the doctors patient coordinator and he is very responsive and helped me through the whole process!

• 3 weeks later...

One Month Post-Op

Experiencing very little shedding at this point, not really sure what that means. It seems like the grafts do not grow as fast as my native hair so they are a little shorter so overall have a patchy look going on and potentially have some shock loss in the donor area. The photos make my hair looks thin but I think it's just the flash and the fact that my hair grows directly up when this short. 

Any thoughts appreciated.

IMG_8432.thumb.jpg.3b1342dc95334c0fd65ed2de61af13f4.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, blast said:

Yessir day 1/2 done recovering in the hotel now. 

The company is called Neohead Clinic. I am not sure why but it does not advertise with Dr. Pekiners name... possibly some future business plans? Who knows.

From their Facebook page you can WhatsApp them at +90 506 674 92 26 or email them at infoen@drpekiner.com

I think that is their patient landing number..  you'll be allocated to one of their pre-op representatives depending on what language you speak. If you DM me I can provide you with Alex's WhatsApp - he is the English speaking rep.

Any questions let me know. So far Pekiner has met all expectations. I'll do a detailed write up in a few days.

Happy to hear from another Dr P patient! I will update next week for 2 month post op. I’m peak ugly duckling so not much to see. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blast said:

Likewise. How is the redness? I noticed Dr. Pekiner patients generally have much less redness post-op. I think it can be attributed to stick and place method. His work always looks so clean!

Zero redness at this point. Redness was gone pretty much after 1 month, pretty amazing.

• Like 1