1400 FUE Dr Konior - Feb 14, 2022

TimeForAction

Hair greed is certainly real -   I am postop my 4th procedure with Dr. Konior, who was gracious enough to fit me in on this past Valentine's Day-  as he said, no better gift than hair follicles! 😂

Here is a link to my 3rd procedure with links to previous procedures.

I was not necessarily going to post yet another thread, but I suppose I can be of assistance to those who are wondering about large FUE numbers at Chicago Hair Institute. Originally we planned for 800-1200 grafts, depending on what the donor could give.  He managed to extract 1300 from the scalp and Dr K also used 100 beard grafts this time around, all of this was much appreciated, or maybe he is just trying to get rid of me once and for all!? 😆

For this go around, the goal was to add density in the crown and mid-scalp and frontal area behind the hairline, see this pic from my previous thread. 

Inkedtopdown_LI.jpg.874e564a42336fb5dd8a78a8145cbf1e.jpg

He divided the area into 2 zones, with the plan of placing half of the grafts in each zone (you can see the marker lines in the following photos).

I'm not one to keep exact numbers, but such division means that I have now had approximately 2550 up front, 1850 in the crown, and 1000 in the midscalp area, for a total of approx 5400 FUE grafts.

Here are the 4 day postop photos below, which clearly show the goal for added density (compared to the above photo):

midscalp.JPG.7bbb6efac517e8e7c5e25b64117ded57.JPG

midscalp2.JPG.9349784a8008b9674c7546c04164b831.JPG

leftdonor.jpg.c67aede8d06135e49a9ac5ffa46d3e1f.jpg

crown.jpg.aa5acdaf9dbb533fa5b7166ac0b4e667.jpg

rightdonor.jpg.2faccd191a1935c4f405af912facf664.jpgbackdonor.jpg.05c022d81e94b0c4aca62c120faf949c.jpg

As usual, Ilisa, Kasia, Karen, the entire team take care of you from the minute you arrive, they are all simply top notch.

Postop care is daily at the clinic with cleaning of the donor. Unfortunately I had to leave a day early due to bad weather, but it was no big deal as things went as planned.  

As for Dr Konior updates, he is still the same 'passionate about hair' doc I met back in 2016.  Same artistry, same surgical precision and same attention to detail. Nothing seems to have changed and he was still doing a surgery every day of the week that I was in town-  but still made sure to pop in to see me daily and chat.

• Like 3

Nice. 

Just checked your previous thread and it appears you didn’t continue to update it (which is fine) - but do you have any pictures of the final results post 3rd op, before going into this procedure at a little longer length? 

Are you on a medical regime at all? 

Good luck with the recovery, sure you will be looking amazing come 6 months. 

13 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Nice. 

Just checked your previous thread and it appears you didn’t continue to update it (which is fine) - but do you have any pictures of the final results post 3rd op, before going into this procedure at a little longer length? 

Are you on a medical regime at all? 

Good luck with the recovery, sure you will be looking amazing come 6 months. 

Fair point curious, I updated my previous thread as I grew my hair out ONCE, and once only, lol.

See here:

Definitely still looks better buzzed, though I am lazy and don't attempt to style my hair at baseline.

I am on fin.

9 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

Your original thread was the one that made realize that a buzz cut could look amazing after a ht too. I would be so happy with a head of hair like yours right now even with a buzz cut. In 6 months grown out it will look great too. Congrats. 

Yes I recall you mentioned that TorontoMan.

I am also originally from Canada myself, live in the US now.  I had consulted with Rahal way back in the day.

Do you have any plans for your hair ?  I think with the right skilled surgeon, buzzing your hair can always be an option.

13 hours ago, TimeForAction said:

Yes I recall you mentioned that TorontoMan.

I am also originally from Canada myself, live in the US now.  I had consulted with Rahal way back in the day.

Do you have any plans for your hair ?  I think with the right skilled surgeon, buzzing your hair can always be an option.

No more restoration planned for now, I’m in a good place thankfully. Hopefully medical intervention holds for the next decade, and then I’d consider another surgery, likely in the crown if I had to base my loss after my dad 

• Administrators

Your hair looks fantastic at this length, the angles are perfection. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hair greed is real! Your hair looks great and I'm sure this will put you right where you want to be. I've followed your journey since when you started posting and each subsequent procedure just makes it seem like you were never balding. Congrats!

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2022 at 7:37 AM, 1978matt said:

Wow, must be about 5500 grafts total.

About that yes Matt

On 2/21/2022 at 11:13 AM, TorontoMan said:

No more restoration planned for now, I’m in a good place thankfully. Hopefully medical intervention holds for the next decade, and then I’d consider another surgery, likely in the crown if I had to base my loss after my dad 

Smart decision, there is a point of satisfaction with this journey - I know I wasn't quite, hoping to be there after this one. But you are playing it smart, no doubt.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:19 AM, Melvin- Moderator said:

Your hair looks fantastic at this length, the angles are perfection. 

Thank you Melvin, following along your thread closely...

On 2/21/2022 at 12:26 PM, BDK081522 said:

Hair greed is real! Your hair looks great and I'm sure this will put you right where you want to be. I've followed your journey since when you started posting and each subsequent procedure just makes it seem like you were never balding. Congrats!

Thank you BDK, it has been a slow but steady gradual reversal process. Of course one must have reasonable expectations, Dr K did outline that clearly on my first consult with him in late 2016.

On 2/28/2022 at 2:16 AM, 5BetaReductase said:

The donor management and the angles of the recipient are nothing short of amazing. Any idea how many head grafts you have left? What was the reason for tapping into the beard?

Good question....Every time I ask Dr K that question after a procedure, he always answers with 'I don't know"....which like it or not, he is telling the truthful answer.  It is a numbers game as he says, we are simply moving hair from one place to another, and there is no way around the numbers at some point.  SO he always recommends reevaluating later on how things look in the donor area, not right after a procedure. Right now at POD 24, I won't lie,  my left donor is looking a bit ragged (to me, noone else would be able to tell and I have asked)-  but I know I have to give 6 months minimum to reassess.

He did mention at least 2000 beard grafts available. I believe he used the 100 or so beard grafts as a bonus for me, as we had only planned for up to 1200 initially. He asked me if I wanted to use 100 beard or save it for the future, I said sure why not. I feel like he just wanted to give some extra without jeopardizing the scalp donor, I appreciated it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to update,

Left side donor looking much better.

I was able to buzz down to #2 at 1 month with no obvious issue to anyone .... and buzzed down to 1.5 a few weeks ago and all looked fine.

Have not got back to my original buzz 1  on the sides but will do so in the coming weeks and post photos.

Trust the process, your doctor and your research!

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 3:49 AM, TimeForAction said:

Just wanted to update,

Left side donor looking much better.

I was able to buzz down to #2 at 1 month with no obvious issue to anyone .... and buzzed down to 1.5 a few weeks ago and all looked fine.

Have not got back to my original buzz 1  on the sides but will do so in the coming weeks and post photos.

Trust the process, your doctor and your research!

Thanks for posting. Look forward to your updates

• 3 weeks later...