FUT: 3,339 Grafts by Dr. Bloxham and Team

On 6/19/2022 at 9:22 AM, gxm100 said:

@MikeJohnDaDon how do you feel everything is coming along?

looks like you have new growth coming in to me! But I guess the comparison with your pre-op pic is hard to tell considering difference in length of hair.

It looks good but I thought his before picture looks better than now, maybe just needs more time? I think he is only 4 1/2 months into the transplant so I guess at 6-8 months it would look much better

Edited by johndang

1 minute ago, johndang said:

It looks good but I thought his before picture looks better than now, maybe just needs more time?

Yeah I’m curious to hear his thoughts and maybe to see a frontal kind of view. I think the before pic probably only “looks better”because the hair is longer at that point. 

• Like 1

Yeah that before shot wasn't right under the harsh light either. I definitely had grown it out to hide the loss. It's coming along though as far as the front. Going in for a check-in soon to plan another FUT HT for the back-half.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, gxm100 said:

Mmm have you talked with Dr Bloxham or visited his office so he could give a look in person?

Yeah I have been in contact. I have a second HT early next year for the back half. Still got a long time to go for the regrowth of the first HT. Keep in mind, I take these pics under the harshest light. In person, I am very happy with how it is starting to look.

• 2 weeks later...

6 months down, 6 to go. Very happy with the hairline itself thus far. Gives me that frame back to my face. Looking forward to further growth behind the hairline (patch area), which you can see in pictures below. No product in my hair in these pictures. Also, some pics under normal "bathroom type" lighting and the other pics under fluorescent "school type" lights. Second HT for back half planned early next year.

IMG_6917.JPEG

IMG_6918.JPEG

IMG_6921.JPEG

IMG_6922.JPEG

IMG_6923.JPEG

IMG_6924.JPEG

IMG_6925.JPEG

IMG_6926.JPEG

IMG_6927.JPEG

IMG_6928.JPEG

IMG_6929.JPEG

IMG_6930.JPEG

IMG_6931.JPEG

IMG_6932.JPEG

IMG_6933.JPEG

IMG_6934.JPEG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I see some improvement, many months for more improvement. 

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hoping yours progresses, Mike.  Some of your work was further back, so it seems quite plausible that area could just be taking longer to grow.  The hair that is coming in definitely looks like it has room to thicken, so that's encouraging.  As for me, I think mine is promising for 5 months, but I'm worse off now than pre-op, so time will tell if it progresses enough to be actually good, honestly.  Not knocking Dr. Bloxham whatsoever - I get that 5 months is not that near the end of the process - I just think it's important to be honest.  Mike, did you plan the the second surgery immediately post-op?  Or have you and Dr. Bloxham been in talks with each other because I know his wait time isn't short.

Edited by John1991
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, John1991 said:

Hoping yours progresses, Mike.  Some of your work was further back, so it seems quite plausible that area could just be taking longer to grow.  The hair that is coming in definitely looks like it has room to thicken, so that's encouraging.  As for me, I think mine is promising for 5 months, but I'm worse off now than pre-op, so time will tell if it progresses enough to be actually good, honestly.  Not knocking Dr. Bloxham whatsoever - I get that 5 months is not that near the end of the process - I just think it's important to be honest.  Mike, did you plan the the second surgery immediately post-op?  Or have you and Dr. Bloxham been in talks with each other because I know his wait time isn't short.

Thanks. I am hopeful! I reached out for the 2nd HT around the 5-6 month mark after my first go. Wanted to beat the wait time.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

I just feel like there’s still so much more time for improvement. I continued to improve beyond 18 months. I saw some early growth but there were some grafts that lingered there as whisps until month 11 before they took off. It was so frustrating so I certainly understand your concern. Fortunately you went to an incredible doctor. I’ll be following along and rooting (no pun) for you. Good luck and Happy Growing!

edit: I also meant to add that there’s definitely much improvement month over month but most definitely from where you started. 

Edited by Steeeve
Wasn’t finished
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2022 at 9:48 AM, FormerFutureKrillin said:

@MikeJohnDaDon how’s it going?

Going slow lol. I'll post this weekend. I think I may be one of those 18 month guys before I know whether I'll want a third pass on the front in a couple years. That patch area in my recent pics still looking bare-ish (fine hairs there but not like the other growth). When I take pics and move the hair around, it can look like nothing is there versus a natural flow after washing my hair, which is when I can see the very fine hairs.

37 minutes ago, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Going slow lol. I'll post this weekend. I think I may be one of those 18 month guys before I know whether I'll want a third pass on the front in a couple years. That patch area in my recent pics still looking bare-ish (fine hairs there but not like the other growth). When I take pics and move the hair around, it can look like nothing is there versus a natural flow after washing my hair, which is when I can see the very fine hairs.

Are you still planning to do the crown area later in the year ?

On 10/11/2022 at 10:18 PM, civic said:

Are you still planning to do the crown area later in the year ?

Yes. Will be doing that this spring - another big FUT. Update pics below. No particular order. Some taken after washing my hair, some where hair was attempted to be styled after the wash (without product), some where I just moved the hair around, and I think one where I put a little product to style. No fibers.

5B9BEEAC-9850-4CA7-9C85-AB401D90D90C_1_201_a.jpg

82C8A24C-3AE7-4B46-A1B4-BEF37BE37A35_1_201_a.jpg

B4A20BB8-1383-4C53-B132-FFB3A35B711C_1_201_a.jpg

C372E0CB-03BA-44EB-A48F-AC49AB4BB8FF_1_201_a.jpg

EAB20319-63AC-439E-80F9-F4A4BB69D380_1_201_a.jpg

3EEF41E1-B415-44B2-AA36-50C9B9E394DF_1_201_a.jpg

461498B8-9642-4977-9A2E-D0B18720843C_1_201_a.jpg

B14EDAC0-5EAB-4EE8-B7AB-F176EE161360_1_201_a.jpg

E7DF0D1B-D2AD-415E-A064-D6055FAA0665_1_201_a.jpg

5ADA7051-D32B-4696-A8B4-B03AC284D0E6_1_201_a.jpg

3F0E21F6-98E9-4C1B-B7F3-54176350F2FA_1_201_a.jpg

36 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

if anyone would like to know how my procedure with Bloxham turned out, this is spot on. strong hairline. weak behind the hairline in the frontal third

Sorry to hear that , it seems some peoole are best suited for different implant technique such as implanter pens. I read somewhere that some people have scalp that closes pores too easy & hence pre made slits don't yield best results. Implanter pens are superior in that sense & also have no direct contact with derma propela, for better graft survival. This is my opinion after long research, certainly feel free to also research this.

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

if anyone would like to know how my procedure with Bloxham turned out, this is spot on. strong hairline. weak behind the hairline in the frontal third

I would love to see an update, it's been well over a year now right? What did Dr. Bloxham say? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.