FUT: 3,339 Grafts by Dr. Bloxham and Team

2 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

if anyone would like to know how my procedure with Bloxham turned out, this is spot on. strong hairline. weak behind the hairline in the frontal third

You also said your result looked like this one -

To me, these transplants look entirely different in terms of success so far. Right? Despite being similar graft numbers. Idk just wondering.

The 3339 graft case looks good, just saying with more grafts it seems less successful then that 2400 graft person?

Edited by johndang

56 minutes ago, johndang said:

You also said your result looked like this one -

To me, these transplants look entirely different in terms of success so far. Right? Despite being similar graft numbers. Idk just wondering.

The 3339 graft case looks good, just saying with more grafts it seems less successful then that 2400 graft person?

I also disagree that our results don’t look similar at all… but we are also in two different situations. I’m guessing I’m much younger and I caught my hair loss pretty early, I had a successful transplant mixed with some finasteride and I have had better results than I could have asked for. I’m not sure of his situation but with his amount of grafts it also looked like he had a little bit more area to cover than I did. I’m not expert though just sharing my thoughts! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tb12 said:

I also disagree that our results don’t look similar at all… but we are also in two different situations. I’m guessing I’m much younger and I caught my hair loss pretty early, I had a successful transplant mixed with some finasteride and I have had better results than I could have asked for. I’m not sure of his situation but with his amount of grafts it also looked like he had a little bit more area to cover than I did. I’m not expert though just sharing my thoughts! 

Yeah your right. I wonder the posters age and if they are on medicine. His results are good just wondering how it could be different like that but I think you summed it up

Edited by johndang

8 hours ago, johndang said:

Yeah your right. I wonder the posters age and if they are on medicine. His results are good just wondering how it could be different like that but I think you summed it up

Almost 28! Tried dutasteride and got off after a few months. Been applying topical fin since then in AM and a PM solution with minoxidil. I have applied ru58841 as well. I also use a couple hairmetto products.

Guess time will tell when I'm at the 18 month mark.

17 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

I would advise you not to go back to the same doctor after this procedure, it does not look like the procedure was successful. Yield looks definitely lower than 80%, probably around 50-60% even I would say.

I get what you're saying but I think it's too early to call it, don't you?

Dr. Bloxham has a video of a guy at the 8 month mark where it looks subpar and by month 18 it looks awesome. I'm not saying that's me but it could be. Plus, Dr. Bloxham from what I researched is one of the most recommended HT surgeons in the northeast, correct me if I'm wrong. With that said, I am willing to bet another HT with him will pan out well over another 18 months, but again I could be wrong. It's all speculative. Open to hearing thoughts/suggestions. As you can probably imagine, I inherited my father's hair genetics and he is completely bald on the top so I'm fighting that war as best I can. I didn't catch it early. It was one of those see a gap in hair under the mirror moments and then going the natural combat route, which didn't work for around a year, then dermarolling + minox/fin, then giving in to a HT. Figured 2 big FUTs and potentially 1 smaller FUT would be the extent of my procedures.

Edited by MikeJohnDaDon

1 hour ago, MikeJohnDaDon said:

I get what you're saying but I think it's too early to call it, don't you?

Dr. Bloxham has a video of a guy at the 8 month mark where it looks subpar and by month 18 it looks awesome. I'm not saying that's me but it could be. Plus, Dr. Bloxham from what I researched is one of the most recommended HT surgeons in the northeast, correct me if I'm wrong. With that said, I am willing to bet another HT with him will pan out well over another 18 months, but again I could be wrong. It's all speculative. Open to hearing thoughts/suggestions. As you can probably imagine, I inherited my father's hair genetics and he is completely bald on the top so I'm fighting that war as best I can. I didn't catch it early. It was one of those see a gap in hair under the mirror moments and then going the natural combat route, which didn't work for around a year, then dermarolling + minox/fin, then giving in to a HT. Figured 2 big FUTs and potentially 1 smaller FUT would be the extent of my procedures.

I think 8-9 months is pretty close to the end result and only in extremely rare exceptions will you see significant improvement after that. 

You are right that he is well recommended in the north east, but in general hair transplantation in North America is behind compared to the best European doctors, and I would say be a fairly large margin. I say this as a person in the US who traveled to Europe to an elite FUE surgeon.

In my opinion I would recommend you look at the best FUE surgeons in Europe for your next procedure. Look at Spain/Portugal/Netherlands/Belgium. 

• Like 1

I said the recipient and scar are similar. I also said

"Are you happy with the recipient site? mine could be beefier but its passable". - indicating its thin but theres the illusion

if you look at @Tb12's last posted pictures, the first picture, its not anything crazy. granted its wet and messy, but this is why I said my result is similar. good hairline, a little weak behind the first few rows (like this thread).

sorry if my comments are contradicting. im not here to cause confusion 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I said the recipient and scar are similar. I also said

"Are you happy with the recipient site? mine could be beefier but its passable". - indicating its thin but theres the illusion

if you look at @Tb12's last posted pictures, the first picture, its not anything crazy. granted its wet and messy, but this is why I said my result is similar. good hairline, a little weak behind the first few rows (like this thread).

sorry if my comments are contradicting. im not here to cause confusion 

I definitely agree, my scar site is not pencil thin but I drew the short stick with genetics and healing and my recipient site is also not as thick as normal but compared to what it was before the surgery it’s a night and day difference and I just have to be thankful for the results I received. Totally agree with a little weak behind the hairline. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, johndang said:

Any new updates? Better, worse, same? Any medicines/experiments that helped?

Nothing new, continuing with slow growth. Currently, using RU58841 to hold onto my hair in the back-half and a Hairmetto product on the transplanted area to encourage natural growth. At night, using Minoxidil on the back-half.

Also, I got a couple of gray hairs now lol.

IMG_7611.jpeg

IMG_7612.jpeg

IMG_7613.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Nothing new, continuing with slow growth. Currently, using RU58841 to hold onto my hair in the back-half and a Hairmetto product on the transplanted area to encourage natural growth. At night, using Minoxidil on the back-half.

Also, I got a couple of gray hairs now lol.

IMG_7611.jpeg

IMG_7612.jpeg

IMG_7613.jpeg

IMG_7615.jpeg

thank you. Have you noticed any side effects from RU58841? I was thinking of maybe trying it soon

9 hours ago, civic said:

He took pics under harsh light, i am pretty sure if he took it from normal lighting, it would look very satisfactory.

Relatively happy at this time - I am pretty pleased with the front re-shaping of my hairline from where I was. I've always had thin hair. It's still growing. I'll try to switch up the lighting moving forward. Fluorescent lights in previous pics do not discriminate.

• Like 2

@MikeJohnDaDon Yes, please post better pictures and not just wet harshly lit ones. I think that would give everyone a better idea of what your result looks like in everyday life. I don't think we're getting a proper representation of what's going on and what you're seeing yourself in other scenarios.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 2:14 PM, ht4me said:

@MikeJohnDaDon Yes, please post better pictures and not just wet harshly lit ones. I think that would give everyone a better idea of what your result looks like in everyday life. I don't think we're getting a proper representation of what's going on and what you're seeing yourself in other scenarios.

Here is a random pic I took just now (still under fluorescent lights but not directly under the light this time). Will try to get some outside at some point. No product, no styling, just recently washed air-dried hair.

IMG_7705.thumb.jpeg.498a773d998e16c0c7701739cc246453.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2023 at 2:12 PM, Diffuseloser said:

Thanks for the pic. If you are happy then that's all that matters I guess but I was expecting a better result from Bloxham.

No problem. Look forward to see how it looks by month 18. To be fair, I wouldn't put the current status of my HT on Dr. Bloxham necessarily - it might be my physiology, or any number of factors, causing the slow growth or potential failed growth. There are some weird slow grower cases from my brief research where I could fall into. Time will ultimately tell, plus any insights he provides when I see him again in person at month 14 before doing the back half.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ht4me said:

Were there a lot of grafts popping out during surgery that he said was due to the scarring from dermarolling? Did you bleed a lot during surgery?

I bled because I played tough guy at first and then when the bleeding started he had me revisit the numbing where I was more detailed if it legitimately hurt, which I did. No grafts popped out. He said dermarolling shouldn't have caused an issue regarding my procedure. I had stopped dermarolling months prior. He said he could feel vessels healing during my procedure, but that it shouldn't cause an issue. Hope that helps.

Edited by MikeJohnDaDon
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...