FUT: 3,339 Grafts by Dr. Bloxham and Team

4 hours ago, Henry said:

Do you notice any difference from your pre op? I personally don't see much difference based on 1 pre op pic.

Yes, I notice a big difference.

The second HT covered gaps and moved its way back. Will post updates over the next couple years since that should be a long process I imagine.

2512 grafts for HT 2.

Edited by MikeJohnDaDon
More detail

16 minutes ago, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Yes, I notice a big difference.

The second HT covered gaps and moved its way back. Will post updates over the next couple years since that should be a long process I imagine.

2512 grafts for HT 2.

Any chance you can post more post op and pre op comparisons? From your first ht?

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/12/2023 at 7:04 AM, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Best stuff is in this thread already. When I have time, will look for another pre-op pic.

Found another pic showing my hair loss in August 2019. Hope this helps.

Feb 2022 was my first FUT transplant - 3339 grafts

April 2023 was my second FUT transplant - 2512 grafts

IMG_0704.jpeg

Edited by MikeJohnDaDon

thanks for the update. I have a very similar result for my first HT with him and went back to talk to him a month ago to discuss options. he recommended a few things, one of them being another FUT for ~2k grafts. I'm not sure I want to go through another FUT for a mere 2k grafts.

will be following your progress closely and hoping for the best

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, hairlossPA said:

thanks for the update. I have a very similar result for my first HT with him and went back to talk to him a month ago to discuss options. he recommended a few things, one of them being another FUT for ~2k grafts. I'm not sure I want to go through another FUT for a mere 2k grafts.

will be following your progress closely and hoping for the best

Could we see an update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/11/2023 at 8:24 PM, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Three month update since my second FUT. Pictures shot in natural evening lighting.

IMG_0727-min.JPG

IMG_0726-min.JPG

IMG_0725-min.JPG

IMG_0724-min.JPG

IMG_0723-min.JPG

IMG_0722-min.JPG

IMG_0721-min.JPG

Interested in seeing an update as well.  This is the best and most promising I’ve seen your frontal band from first HT look and actually the mid and back look much better shorter like this, even with the balding, than with the longer/wet look in the older pictures imho. Hope all is turning out well.  

Nearly all results I’ve seen from Bloxham, including my own, have been very good except 2 or 3 cases I’ve seen online. The only really bad one was the guy with little to no growth in the crown. 

I was NW 5. My hairline and frontal third are now fantastic. They were pretty bare, near slick bald previously. I had some remaining, albeit miniaturized, hair in the mid scalp that he worked through with remaining grafts. That area is “OK“. Was about 3500 grafts. 
  Combination of losing my residual miniaturized hair and more sparse implantation in that zone.  Second FUT with Bloxham pending shortly for the crown and reinforcing mid scalp.  Not posting my pictures for anonymity for a variety of reasons.  

I don’t want to come off like a cheerleader for him. I am very happy with the results of my first FUT and excited for my second, but admittedly, seeing the occasional subpar result makes me nervous. 

Edited by JoeD

2 hours ago, AndrewF. said:

Why you choose FUT instead of FUE

For me it was the classic reasons…

-destined for NW 7, so gets me every possible scalp graft from the safest areas possible 

- don’t have any plans to wear hair shorter than a 3 guard on sides and back 

• Like 1

I came across one of his older videos, where he explains about decreasing the density behind frontal band re blood supply. Doesn’t excuse a poor outcome, but is the rationale behind what a few people mentioned  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeD said:

I came across one of his older videos, where he explains about decreasing the density behind frontal band re blood supply. Doesn’t excuse a poor outcome, but is the rationale behind what a few people mentioned  

Thanks for sharing this. I can get behind the logic of this, but is this controversial? Considering other cases from other clinics that I've seen that seem to be densely packed the same through the whole frontal third.

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the next 6 to 12 months will really fill in the rest of your crown and midscalp nicely. Do you have immediate postop pictures of the second transplant? Curious how far forward he worked from the crown into midscalp. 

Edited by JoeD

On 10/15/2023 at 3:13 PM, MikeJohnDaDon said:

Hit the 6 month mark the other day. Progress pics:

IMG_0741(1).thumb.jpeg.f8e4e3781a6e68ee2325250f87a67c05.jpegIMG_0745(1).thumb.jpeg.166cdd164c03e3e99c72dd34427409b5.jpegIMG_0744(1).thumb.jpeg.7d309e778029449b42a03b8d7b7705aa.jpegIMG_0742(1).thumb.jpeg.22aa086189aaa65f89de6cecf2c16122.jpegIMG_0743(1).thumb.jpeg.d205e8d2332daeaa4af27e392132269a.jpeg

Relative from where you started, this is a great improvement. The nice thing is that you have the potential to keep improving as time passes. But hopefully your midscalp-crown will improve much more over time.

Do you know how many grafts you have remaining? Honestly, the 2 FUTs are going to be an amazing saving grace for you down the road. Extremely smart that you had gone that route.

Side note, do you have a graft distribution on the FUTs?

Follow my first hair transplant journey

3,252 Grafts a minimum of 6,712 hairs June 2022

On 10/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, JoeD said:

Hopefully the next 6 to 12 months will really fill in the rest of your crown and midscalp nicely. Do you have immediate postop pictures of the second transplant? Curious how far forward he worked from the crown into midscalp. 

Found it!IMG_8160-preview.thumb.png.4ea3a80c208f15d11872c1b21ca79f20.png

On 10/16/2023 at 9:21 PM, Vann said:

Relative from where you started, this is a great improvement. The nice thing is that you have the potential to keep improving as time passes. But hopefully your midscalp-crown will improve much more over time.

Do you know how many grafts you have remaining? Honestly, the 2 FUTs are going to be an amazing saving grace for you down the road. Extremely smart that you had gone that route.

Side note, do you have a graft distribution on the FUTs?

I have no idea how many grafts I have remaining. I didn't hear anything regarding that during or after my operation. I know I was told I had plenty for the second operation. He did say that I should be good with two operations, so we'll see. I know I'm a slow grower so only time will tell. And yeah, I definitely got my hair genes from my dad who went bald so FUT was the right route.

Not sure if I'd ever go a third operation. Tbh, the time of regrowth sucks when you just want to live your life with decent hair coverage / no hat. Not expecting a miracle but shooting for the best result.

I'm not sure what graft distribution is.

Edited by MikeJohnDaDon
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...